Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 05:43 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,267,390 times

Advertisements

You would think in 2013 we would be beyond racism in America. However it seems over the past five years or so we have regressed a bit as a society. Whether you agree with Obama or not, it seemed by electing an African-American to the Presidency, it was a signal to the world that the era of racism was over. Now five years later race relations are as tense as I've seen them in my lifetime and cries of racism are everywhere. Does anyone else agree and why do we seem to be regressing rather than progressing? Will we ever reach a point in America where MLK's dream is finally achieved? What will it take to get us there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 05:54 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,213,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
You would think in 2013 we would be beyond racism in America. However it seems over the past five years or so we have regressed a bit as a society. Whether you agree with Obama or not, it seemed by electing an African-American to the Presidency, it was a signal to the world that the era of racism was over. Now five years later race relations are as tense as I've seen them in my lifetime and cries of racism are everywhere. Does anyone else agree and why do we seem to be regressing rather than progressing? Will we ever reach a point in America where MLK's dream is finally achieved? What will it take to get us there?

yea get rid of the race whores
we heard a lot of that from Obama to Holder today
from Al Sharpton and half of the media
you can not pee today with out some jerk yelling racism!!
I am sick of it

Old 07-16-2013, 05:59 PM

27,682 posts, read 16,171,854 times
regressing.. political gain.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:01 PM

25,978 posts, read 22,169,754 times
You will never see an end to racism in the world. I do not consider Obama "black" since he is mixed race. I truly wish a better and true black president could have been elected like Colin Powell, someone everyone could look up to. I think that would have been a real plus for people with unfounded racist attitudes to get an "education". I believe that Obama, and all the crap he is pulling thinking he is the Almighty himself has hurt race relations. He is mixed race so neither white nor black have to carry the burden of his being of their race - good thing!!! The rise of the illegal immigrants and their never ending demands on a government that is not even their government has hurt Mexican Americans. Racism quiets down sometimes but it won't go away. You have to understand about scapegoating and such and just how people can just have mental blocks and continue to pass those through generations and generations.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:03 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,578,185 times
Why? Probably because you have been reading too many P&OC comments.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:03 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times
You can thank this administration for the division, turning every individual into a group of one or another, to let them fight it out.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:04 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,687,569 times
It's easy for me to understand why it's going backward:

The more they squall about everybody and everything being racist, the more racist I become. Getting in faces and yelping, like they did and still do with the Zimm thing, just turns people off. Blacks have the exact same opportunities as everyone else. Get educated, get a job, live your life without throwing up the past, and you'll move forward. Otherwise...............oh, well! Makes no difference to me.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:08 PM

25,978 posts, read 22,169,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
It's easy for me to understand why it's going backward:

The more they squall about everybody and everything being racist, the more racist I become. Getting in faces and yelping, like they did and still do with the Zimm thing, just turns people off. Blacks have the exact same opportunities as everyone else. Get educated, get a job, live your life without throwing up the past, and you'll move forward. Otherwise...............oh, well! Makes no difference to me.
Keep in mind that these blacks yelping about the Zimm case do not represent all blacks in America. That becomes the issue of how racism stays alive by judging all blacks by the actions of a few blacks.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:11 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,687,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Keep in mind that these blacks yelping about the Zimm case do not represent all blacks in America. That becomes the issue of how racism stays alive by judging all blacks by the actions of a few blacks.
True, but I can't fix it for them. They have to clean their own house. Instead of having million hoodie marches, they should be having million anti-Black Panther/NAACP/etc marches. Let their leaders know they won't tolerate the intentional division any more, starting with 0bama and Holder. But instead of telling those "leaders" to shut up, they praise and emulate them. If they'd pick leaders like Dr. Carson, they'd get support from everyone. Look at how they trash him, and others like Mia Love. They should be embracing them, not trashing them.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:16 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,074,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Of course, and it isn't by accident. Liberals/progressive/Race-baiters/Obama(ites) all have a vested interest in continuing their promotion of it as part of their divide and conquer tactic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies