Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2013, 05:02 PM

2,188 posts, read 1,383,568 times

Advertisements

Summary :

He sends his thoughts to the Martin Family
He identified himself with the deceased
He reminded the country of the history of racism and violence towards african americans and the fact the justice system is harsher towards them
He acknowledged the disproportionate crime rate of young black males and said it had to be looked at through the historical and economic context
He said some people use those crime rates as an excuse to generalize against all young african american males
He also said that black on black violence is more likely that white on black
The right wing is in denial when it comes to the racism and prejudices towards african americans
Had Trayvon Martin been white, both outcome and aftermath would have been different
Federal charges against GZ are unlikely
Authorities will have to be learn to treat minorities more fair
Stand your ground laws should be re-examined since whoever survives can claim self-defense
People should engage in a reflection on their thoughts and judgements and some might find that they are actually prejudiced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHBdZWbncXI

( Sorry I can't embed the video )

Old 07-19-2013, 05:04 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
So the POS goes around punching hispanics in the noggin?

Good job, 0FreakJob!

Old 07-19-2013, 05:07 PM

490 posts, read 650,600 times
Most people will blast him for saying this because they can't possibly understand what he's trying to say and others won't even try to.

I think the President should have taken that under consideration before he spoke and that's a shame.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:08 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,001,243 times
"Woman clutches her purse in the elevator when Black man enters."

He wanted soo bad to say a White woman. This kinda **** pisses me off. Racist POS.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:08 PM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Summary :

He reminded the country of the history of racism and violence towards african americans and the fact the justice system is harsher towards them
He acknowledged the disproportionate crime rate of young black males and said it had to be looked at through the historical and economic context
He said some people use those crime rates as an excuse to generalize against all young african american males
The right wing is in denial when it comes to the racism and prejudices towards african americans
Had Trayvon Martin been white, both outcome and aftermath would have been different
Federal charges against are unlikely
Stand your ground laws should be re-examined since whoever survives can claim self-defense
People should engage in a reflection on their thoughts and judgements and some might find that they are actually prejudiced

"Trayvon Martin could have been me"

Looking at Obama's sheltered life withgoing to private schools in his early life and elite colleges, I doubt it.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:09 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Summary :

Federal charges against GZ are unlikely

( Sorry I can't embed the video )

So what's the difference between generalizing and connecting the dots?

Old 07-19-2013, 05:10 PM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
"Woman clutches her purse in the elevator when Black man enters."

He wanted soo bad to say a White woman. This kinda **** pisses me off.
Didn't the Rev. jesse jackson say when he sees a group of young black guys on the street, he crosses to the other side?

Old 07-19-2013, 05:11 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
Most people will blast him for saying this because they can't possibly understand what he's trying to say and others won't even try to.

I think the President should have taken that under consideration before he spoke and that's a shame.

Oh, I understand what he's trying to say...

Black, good.

White, bad.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:12 PM

13,693 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Didn't the Rev. jesse jackson say when he sees a group of young black guys on the street, he crosses to the other side?
I believe that he once said that, while walking down a street in D.C., he heard a couple of people behind him, and catching up (i.e., walking faster than he). Mr. Jackson then said that when he turned around he was relieved to see it was a couple of white men.

I do not know if the story is true. I sorta think it is.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:19 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Here is a fantastic comment I read:

Here is one of my greatest issues. People get mad that young black children are being followed as suspicious. There are places in Chicago and other cities where whites cannot go without being shot. That seems like a bigger problem than this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.