Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2013, 09:18 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

It's only a matter of (probably short) time that the amount of $$$ in the weed industry becomes better known and when it does, the lobby will have the $$$ required to buy the votes they need.

Former Morgan Stanley Investment Banker Founds Weed ‘Cultivating’ Company With Plans For IPO « Dealbreaker: Wall Street Insider
Bingo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 09:35 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
The bottom line is....if you are making an argument that white kids are as, or more, drugged out as their black counterparts...AND that this drug use stems from psychological trauma...the proof is, white kids still whip tail in testing. And you think that's because they more likely come home to a nuclear western family as opposed to their black counterpart? And very likely a dysfunctional one?
Trauma as the trigger is not my argument.

If trauma was the primary trigger for addiction, one would think those who survived say the Holocaust would have had a substantially greater disposition towards alcoholism and addiction.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:29 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Trauma as the trigger is not my argument.

If trauma was the primary trigger for addiction, one would think those who survived say the Holocaust would have had a substantially greater disposition towards alcoholism and addiction.
Well, what about Vietnam vets?

Old 07-18-2013, 10:35 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
You can make statistics say whatever you want if you hold them hostage long enough...

The "FACE" of opiate abuse are YOUNG BLACK MALES on a WORLDWIDE platform....GLORIFYING IT.

/thread
What is your problem? This thread is about heroin abuse by whites. Someone must be living in a cave if they can't wrap that fact around their head & instead insist on spinning it to be a black thing. Better be careful, might be accused of being racist.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
What is your problem? This thread is about heroin abuse by whites. Someone must be living in a cave if they can't wrap that fact around their head & instead insist on spinning it to be a black thing. Better be careful, might be accused of being racist.
If the article said YOUNG BLACK MALES: THE FACE OF HEROIN (and the argument can totally be made)

would that have been racist?

"Better be careful"..you might be trying to cling to propaganda and the use of loaded terms.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:48 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
As so often is the case, it took yet another celebrity death for the NYT to wake up and notice what has been going on around the country for years.
Hard drug use is rampant among higher income young people and there is nothing "new" about it.
Why?
Because they can afford it.
Because it is regarded as just one more benefit of having money like buying a BMW or Benz.
Because they know that they can get away with it - drug testing is for welfare recipients.

Oh, sure, some of them may be self-medicating but unless/until they start nodding off on street corners or stop showing up for work, no one is going to even notice as long as they keep functioning and keep being "special" like Mr. Monteith.

Interesting commentary on our times: the faces of terrorism and drug addiction are not what we think they should be, are they?

Old 07-18-2013, 11:00 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
If the article said YOUNG BLACK MALES: THE FACE OF HEROIN (and the argument can totally be made)

would that have been racist?

"Better be careful"..you might be trying to cling to propaganda and the use of loaded terms.
It's too bad you don't listen to facts. Now who's the one who's clinging to propaganda?

Old 07-18-2013, 11:06 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
whites like smack because it's what is around. it's like an underground suburban drug. when I was younger, I knew more whites on opiates than on crack.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
It's too bad you don't listen to facts. Now who's the one who's clinging to propaganda?
No, it's too bad you want to use skewed facts. Again, you don't see hundreds of white celebrities glorifying the use of opiates...you only see BLACK artists doing it.

Millions of white people eat SUBWAY everyday....are they the "face" of it?

No, Jared is....

Are black people the face of RAPE? Like overwhelmingly? You know what I find funny is that we can dig up tons of studies where they go by gross population within demographics. When it comes to negative social phenomenons and BLACK people trump their racial counterparts per capita AND grossly??? Then all of a sudden..it's "racist"... Hey maybe I will make THAT thread. Let's see how fast it gets closed. I bet it won't get past one page.

And lastly, you want to answer the question? Or dance around it again?

If the article was "BLACK MEN: THE FACE OF HEROIN" and please...PLEASE don't ignore my premise here. Try to follow along...

Would it be racist?

Old 07-18-2013, 11:25 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
whites like smack because it's what is around. it's like an underground suburban drug. when I was younger, I knew more whites on opiates than on crack.

When I was in high school, cigarettes, alcohol, pot, were the most popular. And to some degree acid, and shrooms. I never saw cocaine until college. Heroin was not even a thought, and I always thought it was a "60s" or "70s" thing. Meth wasn't around either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies