Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 12:55 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,273 times

Advertisements

Commander Zero will cut Sir Charles off the invite list..

Old 07-19-2013, 12:57 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Ok... How long before he gets called Uncle Tom, and more...

Charles Barkley on CNBC: Jury was right to acquit Zimmerman

Charles Barkley said he 'agrees' with George Zimmerman verdict | Fox News

And probably the BEST thing I have read so far -
I LOVE me some Charles Barkley. He is always so right on the money. The prosecution did not meet the standard of proving that Zimmerman murdered Trayvon "beyond a reasonable doubt".

Old 07-19-2013, 01:00 PM

670 posts, read 905,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Charles Barkley may not have ever won a championship but he is a champion of cutting through the cr#p and using his common sense. He usually nails it and did this time too.

All the way around with everything he just said, I agree with Charles Barkley. He is a champion and I really love and respect him.

Until he says something you don't agree with

Old 07-19-2013, 01:05 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
In the court of law, compounded with a total lack of evidence, it is. He is innocent. That is how the justice system is designed, so that if someone cannot, beyond reasonable doubt, be convicted of a crime, that they be sent a free man.

He was found "not guilty" by a jury of his peers, and as an American, the decision should be honored.

Until you or anyone else can present even a tiny amount of evidence to the contrary, stop with the hypotheticals.
WHAT hypothetical have I presented?

I said I agreed with the verdict.

The hypothetical I see here is anyone who wasn't there claiming they KNOW exactly what happened.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:07 PM

2,138 posts, read 6,321,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Exactly. Bill Cosby just came out and said the same thing.

Those who are making this about racism are the ones most likely to benefit or profit from the storm they've conjured. Who cares that they've inspired dangerous and violent protests around the country? As long as they get their exposure and ratings, that's all that really matters.
It was racism and I'm not profiting off of anything.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:11 PM

798 posts, read 1,034,802 times
Tbh, I agree with Charles, because there wasn't enough evidence to prove Z was guilty without a reasonable doubt. Not guilty was the right call. But most people who are agreeing with Barkley only care because he is black. Just like the girl from Utah that they liked and Allen West. People need to realize that just like whites, black people do not all think the same. There are some that think Z is guilty and others who think he should have been acquitted. If Barkley had disagreed, then most of you would be saying that he's just another dumb celebrity. You cannot see your own double standard.

As far as the "not guilty" charge goes, that is fine in a court of law. However, in the court of public opinion, people can have whatever opinion they want. Doesn't change anything. So stop telling people that they have to agree with the verdict. They have to accept the verdict, but they do not have to believe that it was the right call.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:43 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, but outside of the courtroom, there is nothing that says we can't question a verdict and question someone's story, there may not of been enough evidence to convict Zimmerman, but there wasn't enough evidence to prove that they had the whole story, too many holes that leave too many questioned with what really happened.
Yeah, that is exactly what I was explaining... the whole, "innocent until proven guilty" thing... The rest is hypothetical, and neither you nor anyone else has near enough evidence to question the verdict, not to mention, harass GZ (who was found INNOCENT)

Old 07-19-2013, 02:44 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Charles Barkley is a RACIST!

Oh....wait a minute..

Old 07-19-2013, 03:14 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Yeah, that is exactly what I was explaining... the whole, "innocent until proven guilty" thing... The rest is hypothetical, and neither you nor anyone else has near enough evidence to question the verdict, not to mention, harass GZ (who was found INNOCENT)
Anyone can question any verdict, Zimmerman's story didn't add up and that should of been pressured, why it wasn't is beyond me, but I can question the verdict all I want.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:25 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
The verdict was correct based on a total lack of evidence. Those who are hyper supportive of GZ blind themselves to the obvious fact that man lied many times and his story didn't add up.
Those who are hyper supportive of TM blind themselves to the fact that he was no choir boy out on a casual walk. He had his own issues. He was no child.
I firmly believe that TM had a right to walk home without the neighborhood snitch harassing him. GZ called the police gave a good description his job was done. He took it upon himself to pursue.
TM did punch GZ. Why we don't know. We don't know what led up to it,we don't know much of anything other than it happened.
GZ found himself pinned to the ground and he had a few minor injuries. This is fact also.
GZ claims to have been afraid for his life. Well he was pretty much owned by TM. I believe the man was afraid for his life.
Was he really in danger? No witness to verify either way. My gut says no, but then I wasn't there. people who knew TM well say no. But then we tend to be blind to our own's faults.
GZ was no hero and he was no good guy in this story. He created the situation through his actions. That doesn't mean TM was justified in his assault. Nor does it mean GZ was justified in shooting TM.
No evidence means reasonable doubt. There was reasonable doubt and GZ got a walk.
It is the hardliners the zealots that won't let this go.
GZ may not have been found guilty but his quality of life is without question been reduced to a scared man always having to look over his shoulder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies