Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: This Will:
Make It To Federal Courts 4 18.18%
Not Make It To Federal Courts 18 81.82%
Other. 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 12:22 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,446,073 times

Advertisements

I honestly feel with growing pressures from too many influential people this will become a federal case. What do you all think? If it does make it that far and the verdict remains, which it most likely will, there will be a revolt similar to the LA Riots.

I just want to know everyone's opinion on this matter.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:28 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,024,433 times
Federal trial for what I guess I would ask? If they do pursue it whatever they dream up the only goal could be what you said to gin up something similar to the LA riots.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:30 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,370,325 times
I do not think there will be federal charges and Obama/Holder will say there just is not enough evidence to move on and they will throw in "can we all get along". As far as riots there has been none so far and I do not see any taking place after the Feds turn it down.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:33 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,603,038 times
There is no federal case. The feds would have prove that: 1) Zimmerman was a government agent (no chance) and 2) that Zimmerman violated Martins' civil rights due to his race. Contrary to idiotic media belief, an FBI investigation turned up zero evidence of racial bias in the case. There is, therefore, no chance of a federal inquiry. The case is over. Zimmerman is not-guilty. People who hate the justice system will refuse to believe this, but it is so.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:46 AM

9,143 posts, read 5,810,185 times
Just because there's no case didn't stop Florida from bringing one.
I think Eric WithHolder is dumb enough to go ahead with one.
It's so weird that this case became the civil rights cause of the century.
Zimm is anything but a racist. DOJ will really look foolish on
this one, especially when all of Trayvon's background is revealed.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:11 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,707,557 times
The reason Zimmerman was acquitted was that the state of Florida had prosecuted him on the flimsiest of evidence. The prosecutions star witness Rachel Jeantel's testimony was totally ineffective. The trial was seen by many people for what it was, political.
How could a federal court prosecute Zimmerman? no other evidence has been produced since his acquittal, so no, the feds can not bring a case against him.

If they do it will be seen by many as a political witch hunt.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:01 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,234,345 times
Zimmerman was found not guilty of killing Trayvon Martin. What else would you charge him for?

...You can only be tried once for a crime. It's in the constitution.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:34 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,092,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Zimmerman was found not guilty of killing Trayvon Martin. What else would you charge him for?

...You can only be tried once for a crime. It's in the constitution.
A silly thing like the constitution won't stop Holder...puhlleeeassseee.

That document is just a minor inconvenience that can be sidestepped at will by this admin.

But otherwise, really what charges can they bring him up on? Answer, nothing. This is a witch hunt now as it is....they are only making themselves look more like tools, with obananna saying it could have been him 35 years ago etc etc. Trial is over, defense won, case closed.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:35 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,234,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwhitechin View Post
A silly thing like the constitution won't stop Holder...puhlleeeassseee.

That document is just a minor inconvenience that can be sidestepped at will by this admin.

But otherwise, really what charges can they bring him up on? Answer, nothing. This is a witch hunt now as it is....they are only making themselves look more like tools, with obananna saying it could have been him 35 years ago etc etc. Trial is over, defense won, case closed.
The constitution is not silly.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:48 AM

1,688 posts, read 4,301,183 times
Can we just stop with the white vs black; Zimmerman is Hispanic! Can we all say this together...Hispanic. What's with the blind public? Is everyone so ready for crap pulling race card BS that you can't even look at a guy and tell what race he is? Now all the black leaders flapping their gums about how brown and black must band together to stop all the racist white people! Are you kidding...Zimmerman is brown

Charge him Federally with what? Also; stand your ground had "absolutely nothing" to do with the case: not even on the same planet! Are we so ready to keep the race crap alive that we don't present the facts correct anymore? Now for some bizarre reason we are trying to connect Zimmerman with white hate and the stand your ground law! Don't the people realize the Holder and Obama are stalling and distracting them with talk about stand your ground and Federal charges; that's all it is, a smoke screen. But they love it; they can hype this up and all the attention that should go to Benghazi, the IRS scandal and a litany of other goings on is swept to the side for now... diverted

I would like to say a prayer to the family the 13 month old toddler that was shot to death in the daylight hours as her mother took the toddler out for a stroll. When the mother couldn't produce money to two teenage youths one of the boys shot the toddler dead in the stroller. Did I mention the teenagers were black and the child was white. Do I need to mention that?

So...where's all the outrage about the toddler? The killing just happened in March. Then there are all the other killings of white on white, black on black, white on black, black on white, red on green, purple on blue... This whole think is such BS IMO.

Racism won't go away unless we let it go away. Isn't that what all this is really about?

Last edited by tyvin; 07-21-2013 at 04:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies