Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 04:36 PM

7,965 posts, read 9,180,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
It seems you conservatives are a heck of a lot more concerned about MSNBC than any liberal I know. I see it as a biased station with crappy shows and junk hosts such as Scarborough and washouts such as the former Olbermann.

Why do you conservatives care so much about MSNBC?
Not really all that interested. Post caught my eye.
I do agree that the station isn't that great. I have tried watching their different shows and found them mostly cringe worthy.
But,then again, I don't like most CNN or FOX evening/weekend shows either due to stupidity of the hosts and guests.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:38 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,172,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Im surprised the first liberal post didnt mention Fox News because that appears to be all most of you can ever say when we call out the liberal media. And for the record, I dont watch Fox News much, or any other network anymore. Whats funny is, we have one network that isnt heavily liberal, Fox News. Its as if you dont even want one that doesnt lean left.
I don't watch fox or msnbc because I don't have cable. I mentioned fox in my post because I honestly think the same thing of those people as you do with msnbc which is why I posted it.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:38 PM

264 posts, read 280,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Im surprised the first liberal post didnt mention Fox News because that appears to be all most of you can ever say when we call out the liberal media. And for the record, I dont watch Fox News much, or any other network anymore. Whats funny is, we have one network that isnt heavily liberal, Fox News. Its as if you dont even want one that doesnt lean left.
MSNBC and Fox News are extreme, you can watch them for what they are worth, but they both have extreme viewpoints.

Real news can be found at less slanted stations and websites so you can make your own decisions.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:39 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,308,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Tampon art is not a new thing: Tampon Crafts - Christmas, Halloween, Valentine's Day
And there are about 139,000 other links if you object to this one.
Thank you Chiel for that mind picture, now whenever I see a tampon,
I'll think of you.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:41 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,044,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I don't watch fox or msnbc because I don't have cable. I mentioned fox in my post because I honestly think the same thing of those people as you do with msnbc which is why I posted it.
Im not the biggest fans of some of them either, but the last straw will be when the start doing something like wearing feminine hygiene products on air. If one really has a point to make, and cant make it without stooping to that level, then the point wasnt very good to begin with.

But there are some that I do like on Fox, but very few if any I like on the other big networks.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:42 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,526,323 times
Sorry to say, clowns on both networks. Never watched Fox much, but MSNBC these days is ridiculous so, out of desperation, click to FOX in the hope of at least 1/2 step above pandering and prevarication. Never stay there long, either. Distortions on both stations awful. Lies, lies, and d@mn lies. MSNBC, however, has gone off the rails into lala land since the GZ verdict. Sickening, really. This coming from a formerly regular viewer of MSNBC.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:09 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,774,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post
MSNBC and Fox News are extreme, you can watch them for what they are worth, but they both have extreme viewpoints.

Real news can be found at less slanted stations and websites so you can make your own decisions.
Ok lets take a minute to see the difference in reporting between Fox and MSNBC.

IRS SCANDAL:

Fox News:
The IRS scandal was tied to a political appointee of President Obama. Step-by-step the chain is being followed upward by the House Oversight Committee chaired by Rep. Darrell Issa.

MSNBC:
Crickets, silence, Obama is great.

Media Matters:
IRS, the entire premise of the would-be scandal was significantly undermined: The tax agency had called for scrutiny for liberal groups, too. (all "7" liberal groups, 291 conservative groups, many waited until just recently to get approved)

BENGHAZI:

Fox News:
Investigates and as finds out more insist it's not about the video. Starts asking about guns being run to Syria.

MSNBC:
Chris Matthews said Read the newspaper. Thank you. Everybody knows it’s about the video. It’s all about the video.”

BOSTON BOMBING:

Fox News:
They reported the Boston Bombings as they found out more. No accusing some liberal crazy.

MSNBC:
Chris Matthews wasted no time in questioning whether today’s horrific bombing of the Boston Marathon was a politically-motivated attack.

"Normally, domestic terrorists, people tend to be on the far right, well that’s not a good category, just extremists, let’s call them that. Do they advertise after they do something like this? Do they try to get credit as a group or do they just hate America so much or its politics or its government that they just want to do the damage, they don’t care if they get public credit, if you will?”

Last edited by petch751; 07-21-2013 at 05:18 PM..

Old 07-21-2013, 05:15 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,774,418 times
IRS mistakenly posted thousands of Social Security numbers on website

Fox News:
The IRS mistakenly posted the Social Security numbers of tens of thousands of Americans on a government website, the agency confirmed Monday night. One estimate put the figure as high as 100,000 names.
The numbers were posted to an IRS database for tax-exempt political groups known as 527s and first discovered by the group Public.Resource.org.

MSNBC:
Crickets, Obama is great.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:26 PM

264 posts, read 280,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
IRS mistakenly posted thousands of Social Security numbers on website

Fox News:
The IRS mistakenly posted the Social Security numbers of tens of thousands of Americans on a government website, the agency confirmed Monday night. One estimate put the figure as high as 100,000 names.
The numbers were posted to an IRS database for tax-exempt political groups known as 527s and first discovered by the group Public.Resource.org.

MSNBC:
Crickets, Obama is great.
Sorry - nobody takes your Fox propoganda machine seriously either.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:37 PM

17,453 posts, read 9,288,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
It seems you conservatives are a heck of a lot more concerned about MSNBC than any liberal I know. I see it as a biased station with crappy shows and junk hosts such as Scarborough and washouts such as the former Olbermann.

Why do you conservatives care so much about MSNBC?
MSNBC is struggling with their ratings - I think it's only fair to give them some Equal Time with FOX - uh, I mean FAUX News.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies