Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 02:29 PM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Correcting things that are really wrong in society is what DECENT PEOPLE do.
yes but when you start accusing the people around you of unfounded racism and make excuses for black on white racism, its a problem. I.E. everything around you has to be politically correct.

Quote:
It has nothing to do with shame, and everything to do with having a sense of fairness and decency. It's also a really American concept--that everyone here should get a fair shot based on their personal ability, and not being corralled into a corner based on things about themselves that they can't control. Personally, I think racists are unAmerican.

Right but again, when you make the people around you miserable and have to walk on egg shells its a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 02:31 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,940,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Sword View Post
There isn't one person alive who was a slave in America, or a slave owner. The issue is generations gone, and anyone who wants to keep it alive is a moron, and someone who is guilty of perpetuating racism. I feel no guilt for things I didn't do. Is this really so hard?

And to blacks that demand reparations... Are you kidding? Were you whipped? Were you shackled and thrown into the ocean Amistad style? No, you weren't, so shut up and get along with your lives.
Who has asked you for reparations..? did you pay cus i want some reparation too

Old 07-23-2013, 02:43 PM

364 posts, read 559,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Who has asked you for reparations..? did you pay cus i want some reparation too
lmgtfy.com

Old 07-23-2013, 02:48 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,940,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Sword View Post
There isn't one person alive who was a slave in America, or a slave owner. The issue is generations gone, and anyone who wants to keep it alive is a moron, and someone who is guilty of perpetuating racism. I feel no guilt for things I didn't do. Is this really so hard?

And to blacks that demand reparations... Are you kidding? Were you whipped? Were you shackled and thrown into the ocean Amistad style? No, you weren't, so shut up and get along with your lives.
if google is your souce of knowledge and reference...makes perfect sense.

Here google..Unicorns and other myths

Old 07-23-2013, 03:06 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
When people discuss the brutality of the Spanards of the indigenous peoples of the new world and they were brutal. I dont say..."Thats not me". "I wasn't alive back then".

I acknowledge that those were my people, both my people.

It not that you are being blamed for the past...it is that people would like to see you man-up and change today so that what ever ****ed up legacy you inherited, it can stay a thing of the past.

Saying..."wasnt me" and continuing treating people like crap is missing the point.

Make no mistake, the atrocities committed against the Native Americans were horrible. As was the treatment of black people, in regards to slavery. Were I around in that time, I would have protested slavery, because... well... morally it's just wrong. Same with the Civil Rights Movement. However; we're in the here and now. I have never owned a slave, nor have my parents, grandparents or great grandparents. And while we shouldn't forget our past, and we should learn from it, we should not dwell on it either! Every nation on this planet has had it's dark moments in history. It's not right, but people do bad things, and unfortunately human nature has a dark side. But to dwell on the past only breeds more negativity, and accomplishes nothing.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:10 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,882,036 times
The greatest evil as far as the negative impact on current African-Americans (and the rest of us too) is the war on drugs and the war on poverty (The Great Society programs). These "wars" coming right after the Jim Crow era is why they do more harm to African-Americans than the rest of us.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:12 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,618,809 times
I don't know and I don't care...I don't have any white guilt-well I'm not 100% white...but guess what? Make your own way...I'm sick and tired of the race card-boo f*** hoo.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:13 PM

19 posts, read 11,788 times
I guess no one here wants to touch my 'what % black babies are born to single mothers' question.
And does it impact negatively on the black community.

By the way, the answer was 72%.
72% of black children are born to single mothers.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:21 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,653 times
White guilt is a real phenomenon. There are multi-million dollar organizations built around White guilt -SPLC for one. As someone said, it was especially bad in the 90s, but I think that it has lost a lot of its power these days. Most people really aren't as gullible as they used to be and don't seem to care as much. Most of that has to do with the internet and the fact that people have access to more information.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:22 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,421,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloviatinBob View Post
I guess no one here wants to touch my 'what % black babies are born to single mothers' question.
And does it impact negatively on the black community.

By the way, the answer was 72%.
72% of black children are born to single mothers.
28% of white children are born to single white mothers. I think when it's all said and done, any child born to a single mom is at a disadvantage, not because the mother can't do an adequate job, but because the father's role or involvement is diminished if he's not in the house to help raise the child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies