Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 11:21 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Uh, no.

He's wrong on so many issues.
Indeed. I'm not a fan of the guy myself, but I wanted to bring that article to the attention of C-D and get varying opinions on it. I think he's a quack myself, but that's just me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 11:22 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Congress needs a purge of anyone 65 years and older.
Retire them and let the next few generations take hold.
That's age discrimination! Stop it.

How are young supposed to learn the ropes when the elders aren't around to teach them??!!

Old 07-23-2013, 11:24 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Senator McCain never met a war or a weapon that he did not want to borrow money for. He is a complete pouge for the Military contractors and their Wall Street financiers.

Is "learning the ropes" similar to "learn how to take bribes without getting caught"?

Old 07-23-2013, 11:27 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
That's age discrimination! Stop it.

How are young supposed to learn the ropes when the elders aren't around to teach them??!!
In this case these elders want to relive the WWII days. That might have worked when you're fighting a country with a standing army but those tactics don't work with terrorists.

They are futile attempts to maintain BAU as the world's biggest power.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I'm glad to see a little bit of the old McCain is back. I hope he gives tea party whacko birds fits.
Too little, too late as far as I am concerned. The old McCain had a legitimate shot to become President, but he chose to sell his soul to the tea party lunatic fringe and made the disastrous decision to choose Sarah Palin as his running mate. The fact that McCain dragged that idiot out of relative obscurity and released her like an airborne pathogen on the American populace while he performed rhetorical fellatio on the far right Christian Taliban in a shameless ploy to win an election should be enough to earn him permanent persona non grata status.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:29 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Too little, too late as far as I am concerned. The old McCain had a legitimate shot to become President, but he chose to sell his soul to the tea party lunatic fringe and made the disastrous decision to choose Sarah Palin as his running mate. The fact that McCain dragged that idiot out of relative obscurity and released her like an airborne pathogen on the American populace while he performed rhetorical fellatio on the far right Christian Taliban in a shameless ploy to win an election should be enough to earn him permanent persona non grata status.
FWIW I don't think either Obama or McCain got to "choose" their VP's. They were chosen for them.
McCain never seemed too happy to have Palin on the ballot.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:43 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
In this case these elders want to relive the WWII days. That might have worked when you're fighting a country with a standing army but those tactics don't work with terrorists.

They are futile attempts to maintain BAU as the world's biggest power.
Is that revisionist talk? When Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, that wasn't an act of terrorism too?

Even if McCain isn't in his right mind according to some people, I have to think he very well knows who the present day enemies are, but I'm in total disagreement with him about arming any rebels, because that's backfired before. If the government would spend 1/2 the money they spend on arming others, they could beef up security enough to thwart attacks on our own soil, IMO.

Quote:
FWIW I don't think either Obama or McCain got to "choose" their VP's. They were chosen for them.
McCain never seemed too happy to have Palin on the ballot.
It's probably why he lost the election. She went and blabbered everywhere that Obama was a Muslim terrorist and that soured their campaign. Look at Sarah Palin as a female Joe Biden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
McCain is a befuddled retired baby-torcher. And he wasn't even good at doing that, he went through five planes. Call him a maverick or not, he's still a douchebag.
Defects.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:49 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Defects.
Loose nut behind the controls. Some things never change.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:51 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
It's never too late to change the road your on.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:54 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times
Quote:

Defects.
Deflects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies