Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2013, 01:16 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
The NYT is stepping into this sad mess with a recommendation to Weiner to pull out of the mayoral race. That interview yesterday was just cringe-inducing nails across the blackboard kind of stuff. It was heartbreaking watching Huma speak and IMO sank his campaign with the female vote.
Heartbreaking?? I was embarrassed for her - she looked exactly what she is - a fool. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I wonder how she's going to handle it the third time.

I just heard a snippet where she talked about her mother advising her. Did mother tell her that she has to suck it up for the cause???

Last edited by softblueyz; 07-25-2013 at 01:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 02:04 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Oh noes not another thread obsessing over Anthony's wiener!

The obsession Anthony Weiner has with his own wiener has rendered the use of the term "obsession" as it relates to Anthony Weiner's wiener obsolete.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:25 AM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It's not exactly new, these texts were from 2012. He admitted at the time of the original scandal that other texts from that time existed and would most likely emerge, as it states in the article above. So the release of the texts are new, but the texts themselves are apparently not.

They show the behavior continued after the trouble causing him to resign in the first place.

Moral character doesn't matter in Public Officials anymore it would seem.
In the past no one in his position would have the nerve to show his face in any race ever again.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:25 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Haha, this is one time that I feel thankful I don't tweet. I wouldn't twitter over his body anyhow, lol. Anyone who does this kind of thing is sadly lacking in self esteem. The bigger factor though is judgement. How could any NY'er vote for someone who has none?
Now c'mon, are you talkin' self esteem, or are you talkin' morals? 'Cause if you're really talkin' morals, we can go down that road, if you want, and we can make the conversation about who is and is not in both parties and it won't be pleasant either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Heartbreaking?? I was embarrassed for her - she looked exactly what she is - a fool. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I wonder how she's going to handle it the third time.

I just heard a snippet where she talked about her mother advising her. Did mother tell her that she has to suck it up for the cause???
Let me comment on that last sentence... um, nevermind.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:37 AM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
I love Globe 199's comment on the first page:

"The man should not hold public office. He's a narcissist."

I just moved out of Washington after 25 years there. I met precious few politicians who weren't narcissistic to a fault; if they weren't that way when they got there, they quickly became narcissists from all the fawning over them that goes on there.

Think about it: Who else would raise tens of millions of dollars to get elected to a job that pays...

$165,000 per year for two years.

Ego & Lifetime benefits.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:43 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
I'll bet he has done this with minors. Find one and lock him up.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:57 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Question Are woman of powerful man so power eager that they have no self respect?

I'm so disgusted with woman like the wife of Anthony Weiner who will stand at their man's side and listening to their lame excuses and than the man turns around and does the same again.

Women like his wife are setting a bad example for society and what kind of message is this sending to teenage girls and young women?

Do feminist women really like this " stand by your man" BS to keep going on!

Old 07-25-2013, 05:00 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
I have a hard time believing she is standing by Carlos Danger...she might be standing by something...but it isn't him.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:02 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
I'll bet he has done this with minors. Find one and lock him up.
TBH, I had this thought: Does Huma trust him or have any reservations/thoughts when he is alone with their child? He clearly has a problem and I certainly wouldn't want my child around him.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:12 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
He's the ultimate Democrat: a 48 year old boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies