Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 10:49 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
we proved the level of ignorance the nation is capable of, in Nov 2012
That 47% that went for Romney. Got it.

Oh, that's nothin' compared to the ultra high level ignorance out of the supreme court in December 2000.

High level ignorance. That's what I'm talkin' about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 10:55 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mister View Post
Not everything in life is about the money. Also, seriously? A three and a half year old link?
From The Koch, I mean Heritage, Foundation no less.

"Conservative think tank disagrees with Obama. In other news, the sun rose above the horizon for yet another day."

Old 07-26-2013, 11:04 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
So are we blaming Obama for Head Start which was founded around the same time he was born?

I guess he used the same time machine to get Head Start up and running that he used to go back and mess with his BC in Hawaii.
This whole thread is just one big "I hate Obama" thread like a thousand others. So stupid and tiresome. Too bad the conservatives aren't better educated. The party of Stupid sure does fit them well.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:04 PM

364 posts, read 559,877 times
Too much extremism and not enough moderation in here...

Old 07-26-2013, 12:40 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,285,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
"If you think education is expensive, wait until you see how much ignorance costs in the 21st century.
After spending some time reading posts on this forum, it is hard to imagine the population could get much more ignorant than it already is.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:42 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,285,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
This whole thread is just one big "I hate Obama" thread like a thousand others. So stupid and tiresome. Too bad the conservatives aren't better educated. The party of Stupid sure does fit them well.
If you identify with either of the two major parties, you fit nicely into the stupid box.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:43 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Kindergarten IS preschool, so now we need pre-preschool?
Kindergarten is not preschool. Its part of grade school or elementary school and you have to be at least 5 or 6 to enter (depending on age cut off limits for the state and/or school district)

PRE-SCHOOL is pre-school (which is usually for children aged 4-5)

And there are those who put their babies/children through pre-pre school (its not even called that) which caters to children from 2-4 years old.

Quote:
Why, so parents can dump their kids off at an earlier age? Some children are not ready for school at age five, much less three or four.
and some children actually start LEARNING at a very early age. My nephew started to READ (yes read) at age 1 1/2. Why would anyone want to prolong their learning ability just to meet some other's belief? My nephew attended school from 2 years of age, just to help him get further into reading. He now reads at the same level as an 8th grader and he is only 9 years old (actually GRADE school public is being TOO slow for him. he's bored)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies