Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 08:19 PM

78,418 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Damn! I see there's very little point in having insurance at all.
Insurance isn't meant to cover everything, but rather to prevent financial catastrophe.

Have a deductible on your car insurance or homeowners insurance? Most people do.

Most families don't have an extra 8k a year in surplus income lying about to cover out of pocket things like hotel stays while the kid is getting treatment in another state and a host of little things that add up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 08:50 PM

500 posts, read 376,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Insurance isn't meant to cover everything, but rather to prevent financial catastrophe.

Have a deductible on your car insurance or homeowners insurance? Most people do.

Most families don't have an extra 8k a year in surplus income lying about to cover out of pocket things like hotel stays while the kid is getting treatment in another state and a host of little things that add up.
Don't waste your time explaining. Those with IQs over 5 already know. The rest is just another one flying over the cuckoo's nest.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:21 PM

78,418 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Edison View Post
Don't waste your time explaining. Those with IQs over 5 already know. The rest is just another one flying over the cuckoo's nest.
Hard not to at least try. So many people are grossly uninformed about insurance....but it does make a nice boogeyman.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:43 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
What a nice story. I'm not a fan politically of any of the Bushes I do think Bush 1 is a decent person and likable. Even Bush 2, though I disliked his politics he seems like a decent guy.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:46 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
This thread is about Bush Sr. and his act of compassion and empathy and has nothing to do with his idiot son.
Around Dallas we see Bush Jr doing a lot of great civic events also. The whole family earns kudos.

You might want to play in his Wounded Warrior Golf Outing

Warrior Open | Bush Center

Quote:
The Warrior Open is a competitive 36-hole golf tournament that takes place over two days every fall in the Dallas area. The event honors U.S. service members wounded in the global war on terror. The tournament spotlights organizations that support service members and their families.
The 2013 Warrior Open will be held September 26-28, 2013 in Irving, Texas.
Or ride with him on the Warrior 100K Bike ride

As George W. Bush rides with wounded warriors, ex-president begins more robust effort to help veterans | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

Old 07-24-2013, 09:52 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Score one for the (little) Gipper! 41 is a class act.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:52 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
There were rumors that Bush 1 was so old and close to death...it's nice to see the old man still breathing.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:54 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
What a nice story. I'm not a fan politically of any of the Bushes I do think Bush 1 is a decent person and likable. Even Bush 2, though I disliked his politics he seems like a decent guy.
Yes they can be political twits...I remember after the flooding of New Orleans - Bush 2 embraced a couple of black teenagers- You could tell he was capable of love- He should have used more of his natural attributes when in office.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:38 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
What a Great story...no matter your leanings. Bush One scores big.

George H.W. Bush shaves head for 2-year-old cancer patient - CBS News
G(H)W Bush is the finest president I have ever known (and I am a democrat.)

I feel this way because of his military service record, his deep respect for America's soldiers, and his family values. And when he called supply side economics "voodoo economics" I had to respect him as a politician as well.

And now your thread has made me respect him even more.

I saw him on TV one time talking about US soldiers who have been killed in combat. He started to cry and had to walk away. When GHW Bush was young it was as if he wanted to die for this country. But with his old age he protected our young soldiers greatly.

As far as I am concerned he is the only president in my lifetime, who can truly be called "Commander in Chief."

Chad.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:44 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Nice to see a topic on C-D most---if not all---of us can agree on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies