Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 09:40 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,894,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Ron Paul. I know, though. He didn't beat the war drums enough to appease you.
ron paul? really? sorry but he is less electable than ross perot was. there are things i liked about ron puls platform, and things i didnt like. but he proved his unelectability in 2008. in fact he is nuttier than ross perot was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 06:29 AM

1,935 posts, read 4,782,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
ron paul? really? sorry but he is less electable than ross perot was. there are things i liked about ron puls platform, and things i didnt like. but he proved his unelectability in 2008. in fact he is nuttier than ross perot was.
I can't remember what Ron Paul said during the debate which made me realize that he wasn't using his brain properly, but it was really a stunner. I think it had something to do with crime, the likely causes thereof, and an erroneous evaluation of the perpetrators thereof.

It's a shame. I liked him up to that point. However, his biggest mistake, as I've said before, was trying to become an establishment candidate when he held decidedly anti-establishment views. To me, that makes no sense.

Maybe I'll join the Constitution Party. I checked them out a couple of days ago and liked what I saw.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:39 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,894,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
I can't remember what Ron Paul said during the debate which made me realize that he wasn't using his brain properly, but it was really a stunner. I think it had something to do with crime, the likely causes thereof, and an erroneous evaluation of the perpetrators thereof.

It's a shame. I liked him up to that point. However, his biggest mistake, as I've said before, was trying to become an establishment candidate when he held decidedly anti-establishment views. To me, that makes no sense.

Maybe I'll join the Constitution Party. I checked them out a couple of days ago and liked what I saw.
yeah, liked ron paul also for a while, but then he started with some nutty stuff and i couldnt support him afterwards. rand paul though has possibilities, we shall see.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:50 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,219,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Thank you for the admission. Now, let's move ahead and not backwards.

too bad that the USA will continue to move backwards as long as the status quo is in office, meaning anything from either the democrat or republican party is in office.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:33 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,996,619 times
Quote:

Did Fox and CNN tell you he was unelectable? Pretty funny stuff considering he was elected to Congress numerous times.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post

Don't bother. You'll find something "nutty" about them too.
Stick with the Republican and Democrat mainline candidates, because there's surely nothing nutty about them.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
yeah, liked ron paul also for a while, but then he started with some nutty stuff and i couldnt support him afterwards. rand paul though has possibilities, we shall see.

Rand Paul is just another Neoconservative who wants to keep the defence industry rolling in cash. I guess that's enough to make him "not nutty" for you though.
Anytime someone beats the war drums in America, everyone seems to stand at attention.

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com...bill-that.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies