Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 08:20 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,205,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Yeah Texas conservatives are NEVER guilty of the above. Gosh how did we keep getting stuck with governor Goodhair? See above.
Every political party in power uses gerrymandering. Democrats do it just as much as Republicans. I'd rather see software draw boundaries.

As for Sheila Jackson Lee, she is perhaps the dumbest of the dumb. Everything she does is race based and completely superficial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 08:27 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,302,792 times
Questioning her qualifications is racist.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:31 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,832,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Every political party in power uses gerrymandering. Democrats do it just as much as Republicans. I'd rather see software draw boundaries.

As for Sheila Jackson Lee, she is perhaps the dumbest of the dumb. Everything she does is race based and completely superficial.
Didn't she ask a NASA administrator if a Mars rover would be able to send back photos of the place where Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin planted the American flag?

Old 07-30-2013, 08:35 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,302,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Didn't she ask a NASA administrator if a Mars rover would be able to send back photos of the place where Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin planted the American flag?
Maybe she saw "Mission to Mars" and thought it was a documentary.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:39 AM

63,005 posts, read 29,216,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Questioning her qualifications is racist.
I questioned Sarah Palin's qualifications to run for VP and she is white. Does that make me a racist?

Old 07-30-2013, 08:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,570,733 times
Hey..maybe she just might make the perfect head of DHS.
Maybe that's what it would take to wake up some people.

She's no Lois Lerner here..quietly doing things behind the scenes and taking the 5th.
No, that's not Sheila.

I can easily see her having a press conference to announce she's sending drones after the Tea Party folks because they are the KKK resurrected.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:45 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,781,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It's yet another attempt at making a black bashing thread.

That was obvious from the beginning.

To be fair, she does it to herself.

“I stand here as a freed slave because this Congress came together.”
-Sheila Jackson Lee

For the record, Jackson Lee was never a slave, but don't tell her that.

Speaking in July 2010 at the NAACP national convention, Jackson Lee compared the Tea Party to the KKK

She has managed to do some good in her time in office, but she is the biggest publicity seeker I think I've ever seen.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:48 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,570,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post

-Sheila Jackson Lee

Speaking in July 2010 at the NAACP national convention, Jackson Lee compared the Tea Party to the KKK

She has managed to do some good in her time in office, but she is the biggest publicity seeker I think I've ever seen.
She was born in 1950 in Queens, NY.

Maybe she lived a past life ?

Old 07-30-2013, 08:54 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,267,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post

-Sheila Jackson Lee

I take it you folks don't understand allegory. Is everything completely literal in your world? You never read novels? You really think JFK was a Berliner?

Sheesh.

I've read very little about the woman until now, but if she has the rightwing frothing at the mouth enough to generate this kind of venom -- all over the Internet, apparently -- then she must be doing something right.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:54 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,481,400 times
The woman is as dumb as a bag of hammers. And, she's a rabid racist too. Great choice by dumbass left-wing liberals...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies