Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 09:59 AM

109 posts, read 157,031 times

Advertisements

So BS involving guns happens in Canada, too.
This for me is another case of excessive, un-necessary force, similar to the Trayvon Martin case here in the States. It's like this: the guy pulled a pocketknife, made everyone leave the streetcar he was on, and somewhere in between everything else, he exposed himself. Is it worthy of an arrest? Absolutely. Is it worthy of being shot 9 FRICKING TIMES? No way. I don't think they should have even fired once, to be honest. When the cops showed up, the guy stayed on the streetcar. He didn't even move toward the cops, as proven by the video. They probably could have moved in and arrested him just like that. Sure, in that case he might have attacked them, but THEN they could have fired and it would have been okay. The cops responsible should potentially face 2nd degree murder charges, in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 10:06 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
By the way, it is a street car, not a bus.

The kid was given ample opportunity to comply with orders to " drop the knife " and didn't comply.

At what point do the Monday morning quarterbacks on here expect the cops to walk away and let him attack somebody ?

What I take away from this situation is ....... If a Toronto cop tells you to drop the knife and surrender, do it.

I ;m waiting to see what this 18 year olds blood alcohol level was at the time. Or his drug screen results.

Jim B

Toronto.
I beg to differ with your prejudicial view implying that to have an off day a person must be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

If that prejudice had been investigated in the Zimmerman case, Zimmie would have been convicted as a matter of drug use as proof. Zimmie was a licensed meth freak (medical methamphetamine).

The cops? Who the hell knows what they are on.

Last edited by Nonarchist; 07-31-2013 at 10:25 AM..

Old 07-31-2013, 10:11 AM

The orders from HQ were given with a combination of pith and exactitude, "waste him".

But, the method of testing whether he was dead, (taser shock), was . . um . . efficient!

If George Zimmerman had had such a death determination device, he wouldn't have had to have mounted Trayvon Martin.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:26 AM

1,999 posts, read 2,472,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Only the detrimental news I watch which indicates Toronto is a cesspool worse than Chicago's old skid row. Must be because the place is run by conservatives that don't care about the poor in their city.

Toronto's worst gang fight ever : Documentaries : Canoe TV

The Real Toronto | news | Torontoist
21 people wounded by gun fire in 1 incident! You don't get that in Brazil or Guatemala.

The gang-banger pictures looks like a cultural export from the USofA though. The U.S. has exported U.S. born gangs to Latin America, Spain, and Northern Europe.

Crazy thing is the L.A. birthed Crips were exported to the small nation of Belize and from Belize the immigrants brought the Crips to New York City.

Young blacks emulating Black-Americans they see in movies and on TV from California are murdering each other in the lily white Neatherlands.

Black gangs in Netherlands (Gangs Noirs en Hollande) - YouTube

So this image you posted of Toronto looks like they're culturally influenced by ethnic Black-Americans from California.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
The orders from HQ were given with a combination of pith and exactitude, "waste him".

But, the method of testing whether he was dead, (taser shock), was . . um . . efficient!

If George Zimmerman had had such a death determination device, he wouldn't have had to have mounted Trayvon Martin.
Zimmerman is a Mountie!

Don't fk with Mounties, just fk 'em!

Old 07-31-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
I beg to differ with your prejudicial view implying that to have an off day a person must be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

If that prejudice had been investigated in the Zimmerman case, Zimmie would have been convicted as a matter of drug use as proof. Zimmie was a licensed meth freak (medical methamphetamine).

The cops? Who the hell knows what they are on.
Well . . .? Hitler used to put HIS death squads on military methamphetamine.

What's the big deal!

Old 07-31-2013, 11:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
By the way, it is a street car, not a bus.

The kid was given ample opportunity to comply with orders to " drop the knife " and didn't comply.

At what point do the Monday morning quarterbacks on here expect the cops to walk away and let him attack somebody ?

What I take away from this situation is ....... If a Toronto cop tells you to drop the knife and surrender, do it.

I ;m waiting to see what this 18 year olds blood alcohol level was at the time. Or his drug screen results.

Jim B

Toronto.
thanks for setting the record straight.

and for anyone who thinks all cops are scum or thugs, I hope you never need to depend on one to help you in the time of need!!!

Old 07-31-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Well . . .? Hitler used to put HIS death squads on military methamphetamine.

What's the big deal!
Although ADHD is generally thought of as a problem in children, teenagers and adults can also have ADHD. While methamphetamine has not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for treating ADHD in adults, healthcare providers may prescribe it "off-label" for adults with ADHD.

http://mental-health.emedtv.com/meth...-used-for.html

George Zimmerman is off-label?

http://mental-health.emedtv.com/meth...-used-for.html

Staving off fatness?

Old 07-31-2013, 11:40 AM

Maybe Pepsi-New should add meth to it's drink to offset the side effects of Pepsi, those being GMO corn syrup caused hyperactivity, and weight gain.

It could be, like, the real thing, or something.

Give Coke a run for its money.

Last edited by Nonarchist; 07-31-2013 at 11:53 AM..

Old 07-31-2013, 12:16 PM

Societal stability requires a Miracle Elixir!

And, I don't mean that with any cunning linguas limitation.

Miracle 'e lixir?

Well good for him!

Good for her!

Legal except where prohibited by law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies