Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 07:03 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,829,556 times

Advertisements

http://www.fourwinds10.net/siterun_d...p?q=1346676073

Very sad...... ROTTON/STUPID COPS!!! -- WHEN ARE PEOPLE GOING TO SAY ENOUGH??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 10:04 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,401,034 times
Very sad indeed. Even if the dog was agressive, he is protecting his owner from a bunch of men who are breaking windows and doors. What's even more sad is this loser who is cultivating marijuana inside his grandmother's house.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:19 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,676,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Vice View Post
Very sad indeed. Even if the dog was agressive, he is protecting his owner from a bunch of men who are breaking windows and doors. What's even more sad is this loser who is cultivating marijuana inside his grandmother's house.
Yep, Albert and Anthony are big time known drug dealers and Phyllis was involvded up to her sweet little social security check. Although I feel sorry that the dog was shot, this is what happends when you specifically train a pittbull to attack and ORDERED the attack on police (who did identify themself). It may have been a different outcome for the dog had the grandson not make threats that the dog will attack and kill police when ordered. I find it odd they call it a "Pet".

Old 09-05-2012, 06:05 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,266,592 times
Pacific, can you post a link to a more news-y source for this story as a counter to the original link? That appears to be a copied blog entry and I'm not finding anything in the way of actual news?

Old 09-05-2012, 06:16 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,420,607 times
Most dogs like people, but are not happy when groups of men come crashing into their home uninvited. A yapping Pomeranian may or may not be safe in this situation. A Pit Bull or any other large dog, probably is not.
It came up somewhere on this forum, that a medical emergency can put dogs in danger. I've worried what would happen if I were home alone and needed an ambulance, could reach a phone but wouldn't be able to put my dogs away. They like people, but I'm sure they wouldn't understand emergency personell crashing in, and would want to protect me. I don't know whether they'd attack, but no one is going to come into a house with barking pit bulls, and not protect themselves.
She said, the dog wasn't even barking but it's hard to believe the dog wouldn't have been acting protective under the circumstances, no matter how friendly it was. It's a tragedy, but I don't think you can fault the officers.

ETA: My answer to the medical emergency dilemma? If no one else was near enough to help, I'd be half-inclined to just not call 911. Don't tell my husband.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:07 AM

2,277 posts, read 3,959,717 times
Not to derail the topic, but this story is told over and over again and the common thread is the unnecessary violence of these raids for everyone involved. It's the drug war in general that causes this and is completely disproportionate to the threat these people pose to society. If you want dogs to stop being shot in their homes, end the war on drugs and these paramilitary raids.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:21 PM

567 posts, read 1,012,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_In_Translation View Post
Not to derail the topic, but this story is told over and over again and the common thread is the unnecessary violence of these raids for everyone involved. It's the drug war in general that causes this and is completely disproportionate to the threat these people pose to society. If you want dogs to stop being shot in their homes, end the war on drugs and these paramilitary raids.

100% agree. The war on drugs is the biggest waste of the taxpayers money.

Like many here, I consider my dog a part of the family. If my dog got shot and killed because of a few marijuana plants, vengeance would be mine in some shape or form.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:53 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,676,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Pacific, can you post a link to a more news-y source for this story as a counter to the original link? That appears to be a copied blog entry and I'm not finding anything in the way of actual news?
It was really a non news item. Police conducted a raid on several known drug dealers and manufactures. At one location they were already warned by the suspects that they would kill the police and send their dogs to attack any intruders, During the raid, the occupant ordered their guard dog to attack the police. The police responded to the perceived threat by shooting the dog. Thats it. One of the drug dealing manufacture happen to be 75 years old. The dog is being called a "pet" instead of a trainned attack dog and all sorts of cutsy "pet" traits are being claimed to make the owners of the dog appear like victims instead of criminals.

The local police can be called, they are small enough to provide info and they will give you the name of the local weekly newspaper who will answer questions on this. They don;t have a online version of the actual paper.

Basically, the pittbull crossed from household pet to that of a dangerious defensive weapon, a simple piece of defensive equipment, not a pet. (technicaly, I don;t even think this post should be in this forum based on the "pupose" of the pet forum.)

Old 09-05-2012, 07:11 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,811,151 times
This thread has been moved b/c it is not about the dog or its health but about the police, their actions,a and drug dealers.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:45 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,946,021 times
Ok I started to dig and found THIS.. I feel bad for the dog BUT as always theres two sides to any story and this is the other side
==============================

For some time police have been monitoring the house for drug activity. Actually, State Police located 60 marijuana plants on the property last year, but could not directly link them to anyone living in the residence.
This year, not only could police link the residents to the marijuana growing operation, but plants and growing paraphernalia were reportedly found within the residence.
Police seized over 100 plants and growing materials and are awaiting the drying and weighing of the plants to make warrant arrests. During the warrant search, one of the first men through the door was an animal lover, confronted by an angry pit bull. (Gee, go figure, alleged drug dealers with a pit bull). The dog reportedly was doing what it was trained to do, protect. The officer made a quick decision to protect himself and fellow officers and a shot was fired. The whole crew felt bad about the shooting.
Why David Vara is full of crap
================================================
Theres much more to the story of course but yanno I wonder why the cops don't carry a catch pole with them to subdue a dog .. because yes sometimes the cops do make a mistake and dogs are killed .. and that shouldnt happen ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies