Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 05:14 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Except Christian Conservatives regard you as an evil that must be purged. Given enough power, there would be no place in America for anyone who doesn't pray, look, or talk like them. Do not think for a second that they would tolerate your existence in their "Paradise on Earth". Most Christian Conservatives hold a special contempt against atheists otherwise reserved for child molesters and serial killers.
Intelligent atheists seek the truth. Real Christians do not resent them or find them evil- Christianity is not like Islam or utter submission to religion. If Christ was alive to day I am sure he would appreciate the bright well meaning atheists who questions state and religion MORE than a blind fanatic chanting Jesus this and Jesus that...most Christians utter the Lords name in vain - in arrogance and vanity. Do not let others with ill intent cause a rift between atheists and Christians. They are very similar- Christ was considered a heretic in his time...He was looked on by the state and the state sponsored religion of the day as an ATHEIST.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 05:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
There are even less Americans than there were in 1964 who truly believe in limited government. Us that do must find others to join with in order to win elections. With the Christian conservatives you have to take the bad with the good.
Regardless of what you are, you have to take the bad with the good. I don't think there are fewer who believe in smaller government, I think there is just so many handouts, it is almost impossible to get back to smaller government.

As for Christian conservatives being the truly active, go getters and never give uppers, this is true. I see it within my community. Those who are conservatives are often, the biggest church supporters. But believe it or not, they are not all holier than though as some might think, nor are they all opposed to gay marriage, sex before marriage, they do not turn their backs on the poor and they do accept the world is changing.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:30 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Christ was a libertarian. The "atheist" who originated this thread sounds like they need to get back in the game. A lot of people who have studied the core of original Christianity - use the concepts without embracing religion or God for that matter. Just do what is right and what we know to be good....I know of secular organizations that are very successful who unknown to themselves use old Christian concepts but NEVER utter the words Jesus- or God... What turns people of is this stupid relentless recruiting by Christian extremists who are not that smart...Those who think it is their job to convert the world - it is not. One person doing one good thing is enough to save the world...Christians should stop being arrogant propagandists and simply shut up and get to work.
Sorry, but Jesus was not political. This while Christ was a Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, is stupid. He died 2000 years ago, there were no such concepts back then. Christ is Salvation, not politics

Old 08-01-2013, 05:35 AM

513 posts, read 868,470 times
Read Lee Strobel The Case for the Jesus it will make you think

Old 08-01-2013, 05:44 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Sorry, but Jesus was not political. This while Christ was a Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, is stupid. He died 2000 years ago, there were no such concepts back then. Christ is Salvation, not politics
Christ challenged the religious and political system of the day. That would make him a political figure of sorts. Christ was also "king of the jews" as Pilot was fully aware of - King of the Judeans...He was a hereditary royal. Kingship is political also...Yes he is salvation - He also was a propagator of less government and was against bureaucratic Roman rule. The only reason he instructed followers to pay taxes was to avoid harassment by officials "Pay the tax for we do not want to cause them offense" In other words keep the state off their backs. I never mentioned Republican or Democrat...I did mention the similarity to the libertarian movement. Liberty and liberation from forces that attempt to play God was part of this man's mission. Government is not God nor is it put in place by God as Paul suggested.

Politics is what killed Christ...messing with the monetary system after the enraged episode in the temple also led to his demise....and lastly those who insisted on his death - knew he was a hereditary King...and they did not want him influencing the ownership of land...You have to put yourself back in time and look around to see what was going on 2000 years ago - He was divine and he was also a man......A simplistic approach to Christ as being "salvation" is fine---- but there is also more to this person.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:54 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Neither the cross-carriers nor the flag-wavers want limited government in any coherent sense of the word. They are phonies who use that phrase disingenuously, like most interest groups.
This.^^

Moreover, I have ZERO use for religious people regardless of political ideology and I find religion to be the scourge of this planet. The sooner we dump it, the better.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:59 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Christ was a libertarian. The "atheist" who originated this thread sounds like they need to get back in the game. A lot of people who have studied the core of original Christianity - use the concepts without embracing religion or God for that matter. Just do what is right and what we know to be good....I know of secular organizations that are very successful who unknown to themselves use old Christian concepts but NEVER utter the words Jesus- or God... What turns people of is this stupid relentless recruiting by Christian extremists who are not that smart...Those who think it is their job to convert the world - it is not. One person doing one good thing is enough to save the world...Christians should stop being arrogant propagandists and simply shut up and get to work.
Not many think this way, I always thought tell the person next to you about Christ. If everyone just planted the seed, not drive the seed, in their own town they wouldn't need to travel the world, pissing people off. Most Christians fail to start with their own family or people in their own town. The Christians who stand with the "Fire of Lake" signs are the ones that should be looking closer to their own fallings in life.

Great thread OP thanks for trying to bring attention to the glue that does bind us.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:08 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This.^^

Moreover, I have ZERO use for religious people regardless of political ideology and I find religion to be the scourge of this planet. The sooner we dump it, the better.
Sad to think you don't know any one who's life has changed from doing drugs to abusing women and children, to accepting Christ as the one who helped them leave this life behind. I myself have family members and people I know who's life's were changed 10 fold and much happier to be around. Granted it's not for everyone, but to deny it doesn't change people is foolish of the person who thinks all relationships with God should disappear. Sounds like Satan's perfect plan......I know you don't believe in him either.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:33 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Quote:
Jesus your Lord and Savior eating with sinners spoke in parables in Luke 15 verse 3-7 the parable of the lost sheep verse 8-10 parable of the lost coin that is your Christian duty to be a good shepherd.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:13 AM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This.^^

And the sooner we dump the idea that everyone else around us must think the exact same way we do about everything... the better. I have zero use for powerwhores who think their way is the only way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies