Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 11:33 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,760,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
You sound like you are trying desperately to talk yourself into something. I'm not exactly a big fan of the Clintons, but I can give a whole laundry list of things that make her a very formidable nominee.
And she's the only "formidable" candidate that the Democratic party has. THAT'S why they want her to run for president. If Hillary's not in the race, you've got nothing. Who would run? Joe Biden??? Give me a break!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2013, 11:42 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,160,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
And she's the only "formidable" candidate that the Democratic party has. THAT'S why they want her to run for president. If Hillary's not in the race, you've got nothing. Who would run? Joe Biden??? Give me a break!
I never said any thing of the kind. She's the most formidable, but there are others.

I don't think Joe Biden will be the nominee, but there's always a soft spot in my heart for him. I've seen him interact with regular people and he seems genuine, in the same way Dubs was genuine, despite all his flaws. And I will always appreciate that performance in the VP debate, which should be used as a tutorial in how to be an alpha and control a debate.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:43 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,267,106 times
Quote:
Julian Castro
Elizabeth Warren
Andrew Cuomo
Antonio Villaraigosa

There are plenty more. I wouldn't be surprised to see Castro as Hillary's running mate. That would be an unbeatable team, pretty much.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:44 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,674,574 times
Quote:
On 6 August 2005, we had no idea that Barack Obama would be the 2008 nominee.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:58 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,371,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Julian Castro
Elizabeth Warren
Andrew Cuomo
Antonio Villaraigosa

There are plenty more. I wouldn't be surprised to see Castro as Hillary's running mate. That would be an unbeatable team, pretty much.

Yeah, let's get the mayor of San Antonio behind such stellar programs as street cars no one in the city wanted that cost taxpayers money, and the Pre-K for SA initiative that also needlessly cost not only San Antonio residents, but citizens living in unincorporated areas of Bexar county money through sales tax increases on things like utility bills. There was no need for an additional Pre-K system as every district in the city already had one.

Old 08-06-2013, 12:07 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,468,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I didn't say they won't try it, I said it will be ineffective and they had better have something more potent than that.

The guy who can beat Hillary, Christie, will not be nominated because he's entirely too rational (thus a "RINO") to be the nominee.
Yes we need rational liberal people to govern the nation. People who loan 500 million dollars to companies their economic advisors tell them are already failing. People who threaten to veto any attempt to get around sequestration, then make speeches against sequestration when it happens. People who say they are outraged by what happened at the IRS and then say it is a phony scandal. People who call Bush unpatriotic and reckless for wanting to raise the debt ceiling, then call people who won't raise the debt ceiling obstructionist and irresponsible. People who say the individual mandate is not a tax, then have their attorneys defend it in court as constitutional under the tax provisions. People who say we need more good paying jobs for the working class after they've cancelled the Keystone pipeline. We need rational people like that. Good call.

Old 08-06-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
Yeah, let's get the mayor of San Antonio behind such stellar programs as street cars no one in the city wanted that cost taxpayers money, and the Pre-K for SA initiative that also needlessly cost not only San Antonio residents, but citizens living in unincorporated areas of Bexar county money through sales tax increases on things like utility bills. There was no need for an additional Pre-K system as every district in the city already had one.
Oh, I don't expect cons to vote for him. You guys hate everybody. Naturally you guys will make up any chit you can think of about whoever runs on the ticket in 2016. You people invented it. (See Atwater, Lee.)

I was answering the question posed about who the rising stars are in the Democratic party. That's all.

Old 08-06-2013, 12:48 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,371,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Oh, I don't expect cons to vote for him. You guys hate everybody. Naturally you guys will make up any chit you can think of about whoever runs on the ticket in 2016. You people invented it. (See Atwater, Lee.)

I was answering the question posed about who the rising stars are in the Democratic party. That's all.
Just a few issues. First, I live near San Antonio, in unincorporated Bexar County, so I live this. I know what's happening here in my back yard. Even the Express News has begun to turn on Castro a bit for some of his over reaching lately. Second, I am relatively moderate. Just because someone points out some flaws with a potential candidate, doesn't mean that person hates anyone.

Got to love a someone lecturing you about "hating" all the while, being just angry as they can be......

Old 08-06-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
Just a few issues. First, I live near San Antonio, in unincorporated Bexar County, so I live this. I know what's happening here in my back yard. Even the Express News has begun to turn on Castro a bit for some of his over reaching lately. Second, I am relatively moderate. Just because someone points out some flaws with a potential candidate, doesn't mean that person hates anyone.

Got to love a someone lecturing you about "hating" all the while, being just angry as they can be......
Hm, well, perhaps I misjudged you. Easy to do here on Breitbart Lite.

In which case, my apologies. We'll all learn a lot more about him in the next couple years, I bet. I just don't expect it to necessarily be true coming from the Cons.

Old 08-06-2013, 12:53 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,160,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Yes we need rational liberal people to govern the nation. People who loan 500 million dollars to companies their economic advisors tell them are already failing. People who threaten to veto any attempt to get around sequestration, then make speeches against sequestration when it happens. People who say they are outraged by what happened at the IRS and then say it is a phony scandal. People who call Bush unpatriotic and reckless for wanting to raise the debt ceiling, then call people who won't raise the debt ceiling obstructionist and irresponsible. People who say the individual mandate is not a tax, then have their attorneys defend it in court as constitutional under the tax provisions. People who say we need more good paying jobs for the working class after they've cancelled the Keystone pipeline. We need rational people like that. Good call.
Yes, pragmatism is many times a sign of rationality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies