Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 05:10 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
For all the confidence the child-free have in their decision, they sure do go out of their way to shat over others. Ad nauseum. Give me a break. You cannot put people into neat little boxes. Some parents are smart, some non-parents are smart. GTFO it and enjoy YOUR life.
Not sure what that means, but if it means that child free people fuss over other people's kids, that might be due to the fact that they can walk away when they get bored or annoyed...a definite plus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 05:12 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,994,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Not sure what that means, but if it means that child free people fuss over other people's kids, that might be due to the fact that they can walk away when they get bored or annoyed...a definite plus.
Agreed that it's a definite plus to be able to walk away when those children have no boundaries and the parents just sit back and smile as little Johnny or Jenny runs wild.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Because people with intelligence understand how much money it requires to raise a child responsibly, and not depend on the subsidies supported by the tax payers.

What will a white-minority US look like?
There are various reasons, aside from monetary, that intelligent people use to make the decision to not procreate.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:26 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
It makes sense just because less-intelligent people are less equipped to assess consequences and less likely to have retained what they have been taught about things like birth control. Sure, having kids can be very rewarding, but there are a host of downsides that a smart woman is more likely to take into consideration than a less-intelligent woman who may be more willing to bow to broader societal pressure to reproduce.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Yes- there are the ones who are radiant middle class young woman with their first child...ALL of these woman are good looking - intelligent and HAPPY....I am struck by the level of happiness and intelligene that is in young mothers who are usually always married and have chosen a higher quality of life then their more "clever" counterparts who are supposedly MORE intelligent. I use the example of my sister...who choose career- status and money over family. She is now a middle age woman who has lost her looks and is childless...and dates old and young fools who are only interested in sex with a cougar.

The so-called high IQ females who have some how out smarted themselves have this look about them. They have hard bitter faces...they are unhappy - ruled by bitterness and ALONE....seems that the feminist dream betrayed them in the end. No - this thread is just propaganda being recycled out of the destructive woman hating feminist 70s...woman were robbed of a real life by feminist extremism. It is not very becoming to be a 40 something woman who sees her self as highly intelligent standing at a party with her forth glass of wine....and rationalizing her miserable existence.
Your sister does not represent all child free women...you do realize that, don't you? As for your commentary on how all women with kids are radiant and goddesses...

"usually always"...isn't that redundant? And on that point, any women worth her salt, does not need a man to attain a "higher quality" of life". If you are male and I am assuming that you are, your really give yourself an exaggerated sense of self-importance. Any male of the species that understands that a woman is not measured by the children she has or chooses not to have, is the one that can call himself a man.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 08-07-2013 at 06:07 PM..

Old 08-07-2013, 06:01 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,259,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Your sister does not represent all child free women...you realize that, don't you? As for your commentary on how all women with kids are radiant and goddesses...

Amen!

Not to mention - not all childfree women are single feminists who go to bars.
And I've seen plenty of women WITH kids wind up divorced, bitter, in bars, drinking and becoming cougars.
GMAFB, right?

Old 08-07-2013, 06:13 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleg Bach

Yes- there are the ones who are radiant middle
class young woman with their first child...ALL of these woman are good
looking - intelligent and HAPPY....I am struck by the level of happiness and
intelligene that is in young mothers who are usually always married and have
chosen a higher quality of life then their more "clever" counterparts who are
supposedly MORE intelligent. I use the example of my sister...who choose career-
status and money over family. She is now a middle age woman who has lost her
looks and is childless...and dates old and young fools who are only interested
in sex with a cougar.

The so-called high IQ females who have some
how out smarted themselves have this look about them. They have hard bitter
faces...they are unhappy - ruled by bitterness and ALONE....seems that the
feminist dream betrayed them in the end. No - this thread is just propaganda
being recycled out of the destructive woman hating feminist 70s...woman were
robbed of a real life by feminist extremism.
It is not very becoming to be a 40
something woman who sees her self as highly intelligent standing at a party with
her forth glass of wine....and rationalizing her miserable existence.
Lol! Your proclamations are always quite erroneous and amusing. Is this anything like you "Canadians don't see colour?" How about "French and Jews mixing together produces idiots?"
Boohoo! I was robbed of a real life of indentured servitude, chained to the stove and washing machine, with my only goal of keeping my man happy. I don't know how I lived through it.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:15 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Furthermore, I thought there was nothing sadder than a woman drinking like a man at a bar. (another one of your proclamations)
Now it's a woman having wine at a party?
What's the matter with you?

Old 08-07-2013, 10:11 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Lol! Your proclamations are always quite erroneous and amusing. Is this anything like you "Canadians don't see colour?" How about "French and Jews mixing together produces idiots?"
Boohoo! I was robbed of a real life of indentured servitude, chained to the stove and washing machine, with my only goal of keeping my man happy. I don't know how I lived through it.
The bolded made me laugh.

Time to put the ole ignore on I do believe, if ya know what I mean.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:05 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Or, it may be that kids suck all the intelligence, and patience out of their parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies