Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 03:27 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,723 times

Advertisements

I guess there are no 'good' guys or 'bad' buys - both sides are pretty bad. But in trying to determine which groups is the 'baddest', it is the side that treats the Christians the worst. I guess there's not much 'brotherly love' among the Muslims, towards other religious groups, or their own. It's pretty much the Bloods vs the Crips.

"(CNSNews.com) – Some supporters of Egypt’s ousted Islamist president directed their wrath at the country’s Christian minority Wednesday, in what activists described as “the worst coordinated attacks on Egypt’s Coptic community in modern history.”

Largely eclipsed by the military’s crackdown on Muslim Brotherhood protest camps in Cairo and resulting loss of life, more than 20 churches in a number of provinces were reported to have been targeted for arson and other attacks.

Through the day news reports and social media posts drew attention to individual incidents and it soon became apparent that a concerted campaign of coordinated attacks was underway. Most of the targeted churches were Coptic Orthodox, but Catholic churches were also attacked as well as at least one Protestant church.

Egyptian Islamists Target Christian Churches in Wave of Apparently Coordinated Attacks | CNS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 05:02 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times
Not all Muslims are Islamists. It is Muslims who ousted the Muslim Brotherhood for fear of an Islamist government.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:14 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
A lot of building being burnt not just Christian. Looks like this ends democracy of deciding leadership by elections as one non-supporter of the former president said on TV. Looking more and more like a military promote coup from the start now. As one non-supporter of former president said when interviewed; what good does having democratic elections now as no one thinks it matters.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
A lot of building being burnt not just Christian. Looks like this ends democracy of deciding leadership by elections as one non-supporter of the former president said on TV. Looking more and more like a military promote coup from the start now. As one non-supporter of former president said when interviewed; what good does having democratic elections now as no one thinks it matters.
Is it a coup or a revolution? The ousted President was ousted because be made himself into a dictator. Left in power, he would have turned Egypt into another Iran.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:36 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,417,609 times
Christians and Christian Churches are an easy and mostly under reported target of violence throughout the Islamic world, especially with a country-wide riot taking place.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
Not all Muslims are Islamists. It is Muslims who ousted the Muslim Brotherhood for fear of an Islamist government.
That's my point. It's not easy to tell which side is better than the others. It appears that America wants to side with the 'rebels' when they in fact are killing the Christians. That's why I think we should choose the side that treats the Christians best, because we all know that the Muslims don't like Christians, but the side that is most 'tolerant' of Christians is probably the side that is most tolerant of women, minorities, etc.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:12 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
That's my point. It's not easy to tell which side is better than the others. It appears that America wants to side with the 'rebels' when they in fact are killing the Christians. That's why I think we should choose the side that treats the Christians best, because we all know that the Muslims don't like Christians, but the side that is most 'tolerant' of Christians is probably the side that is most tolerant of women, minorities, etc.
Here's a novel idea, let America side with Americans and let the rest of the world fend for itself.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:16 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Hillary's and Obama's "Arab Spring" -- the clowns either meant for this result or they were so clueless and really didn't know what they were doing.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Here's a novel idea, let America side with Americans and let the rest of the world fend for itself.
This is a classic example or Ron Paul's philosophy... and it's probably a whole lot better than the policy we have engaged in thus far.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
I side with my friends and family in Egypt who want a secular and stable government which represents the people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies