Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 11:51 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times

Advertisements

I, for one, am tired of parents who assume all of society is supposed to tolerate whatever behavior their kids engage in, along with those that think everyone else should fulfill their parental obligations, like cleaning up after their kids mess.

Quote:
The children’s mother, Kellea Poore, said she was shocked to see the photo on Facebook, under which Mrs MacDuff had written: 'Like to take a moment right now to thank our customers with small children whose kids don’t make a mess.'

Rainy Days Caffé owner shames mom for messy children by posting picture of floor on Facebook | Mail Online
It should be noted that this woman's name was not written on the Facebook page. No one would have known it was her if she hadn't of identified herself.

Quote:
But MacDuff claims she didn’t know Poore was a military mom. That news would have given them something to talk about — MacDuff’s husband is a Gulf War veteran. The shop owner also says that kids are always welcome in her store, as long as they are respectful. She claims that Poore’s three-year-old son was making a big fuss inside her restaurant.

"He was screaming the whole time," MacDuff said.

Coffee shop in Washington state draws backlash after kicking out messy kids, moms - NY Daily News
Allow me to add, since I am one, being a military mom does not excuse poor behavior by your kids or your lack of control of your kids. I get sick of this being used like some "get out of jail free" card. If it is wrong for Little Tommy, the civilian parent's child, then it is wrong for Little Bobby, the military parent's child.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 08-08-2013 at 12:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 11:56 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
As a Desert Storm vet with small children, I would be absolutly appauled if my wife were to try to use that as some excuse.

We serve because we love our country. We do not serve so our borish behavior can be justfied.

good grief.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:59 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
What does her being a military mother have to do with her kids being pigs? If they don't know how to behave in a restaurant/coffee shop, get your coffee to go.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:09 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
LOL that's it some gdam crumbs on the floor? Don't they have a vacuum cleaner at that dump? Lord have mercy. Kids are kids. If somebody gets that bent out of shape about some crumbs on the floor they need to either cater to only adults who would never think of spilling anything or pipe down and do your job. Does this woman scream about having to wipe off the table for the next customer in line too?

Old 08-08-2013, 12:10 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,825,905 times
I used to wait tables and parents would insist I bring saltine crackers for their kids to make a mess out of. The kids would yell and run around the restaurant and the parents would act like nothing is wrong while everyone else's meal is ruined.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:12 PM

I've seen that on a few occasions while out eating but that is the exception more than the rule. Maybe the liberals will demand that all children be placed on Ritalin before eating out??

Old 08-08-2013, 12:13 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,104 times
Wait, so this is inappropriate, because her husband is a veteran?

Old 08-08-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Wait, so this is inappropriate, because her husband is a veteran?
I don't get the veteran thing either.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:15 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I, for one, am tired of parents who assume all of society is supposed to tolerate whatever behavior their kids engage in, along with those that think everyone else should fulfill their parental obligations, like cleaning up after their kids mess.

It should be noted that this woman's name was not written on the Facebook page. No one would have known it was her if she hadn't of identified herself.

Allow me to add, since I am one, being a military mom does not excuse poor behavior by your kids or your lack of control of your kids. I get sick of this being used like some "get out of jail free" card. If it is wrong for Little Tommy, the civilian parent's child, then it is wrong for Little Bobby, the military parent's child.
Maybe it's the lighting, but I don't see why it's a big deal.

If she thinks this kind of mess is icky, then odds are she shouldn't be serving the public.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:16 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I've seen that on a few occasions while out eating but that is the exception more than the rule. Maybe the liberals will demand that all children be placed on Ritalin before eating out??

Can you, for just once, stop with the librul bashing bull****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies