Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 09:41 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

there is no machine, (yet) that can tell if a human being is lying or not....

it is an intimidation process, period.

all it does is measure your heart rate and sweat...but as of yet, in this time, day and age, there is not any machine that is a lie detector. Period.

and let me tell you, if I had to ever take one, I'd fail...I get anxiety when people accuse me of doing something I didn't do.....

once I was accused of taking something in a gift shop....it was years ago....
we were visiting with friends, and we went to this family place, the store we were looking around had duck sauce and I picked it up b/c I was previously telling my friend about Duck Sauce and how good it was...and to buy it and keep it on hand for snacks. She never heard of it, and this was oh, maybe 30 some years ago.

Well, I showed her, took it back and placed it on the shelf where I got it....

We continued to browse the store, and all of a sudden, these two ladies and a man walked over to me and accused me of stealing it....
I not only got flustered but was so embarrassed, as the store was packed. It was a small gift shop...well, they continued to insist...so I emptied my purse and started to cry....words cannot define how mortified I was.

When asked questions while hooked up to a so called lie detector....a person could think of something that happened in the past, that has nothing to do with the question....and boom, all of a sudden all hell breaks loose, and the examiner starts slamming his/her hands down on the desk, intimidating the examinee to break down and confess...and they do it for border police, and in most police departments. For FBI/CIA positions. Granted a lot of people don't have a problem with it...but,

you have an officer who has paid money to apply for a job...across country. Due to the hiring process....that officer might have to return 3 times...and they give the lie detector test, at the very end of the hiring process, so the candidate has gone thru all the written tests, the agility tests, psyc tests....everything...and the last on the lists of process is the lie detector test. Now the mayor makes an announcement to the department, that he doesn't want anyone hired from out of state, and they need to hire minorities...so, they intentionally fail you.

What a farce, that should be illegal but they get away with it....not to mention, ruin that person's life....dreams and so forth....and the examiners get paid a lucrative salary to beat someone up mentally the way they do.

I've also been told that the older you get, the harder it is to pass them...due to things you see on the job that sparks a memory. So.....

I'm sorry, but nothing anyone can say, can tell me this is fair. The examiner, has that person's life in their hands....they can fail them or pass them, plus, if you fail....your blackballed from any other force for life.

No, wrong, and pretty darn dirty if you ask me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 09:50 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
The polygraph is just used for intimidation. It's been shown to be very unreliable in detecting anything.

No doubt, that's why the "conclusion" is always whatever the "investigation" wants it to be, such as "a pattern of deception."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies