Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 07:46 PM

234 posts, read 185,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Again, this is NOT an issue of culture. This is an issue about HUMAN RIGHTS. What two consenting adults do in their bedroom is absolutely NO business of anyone else's. Gay people exist in every single society on this earth. They should not be persecuted for attractions and inner feelings that they have no control over.
Culture and the airy concept of human rights go hand-in-glove. Your segment of American culture wishes to impose its cultural ideal as to what human rights entails on another culture vis-a-vis how it condones certain human activities. Using quaint populist notions like being 'persecuted for attractions they have no control over' (which is the very same as calling homosexuals ill from something and thus victims) is weak.

And exactly the very same thing that agitators like to make as visible as possible as to 'what two consenting adults do in their bedroom' is done daily and made everyone else's business. Employing this sort of chicanerous hypocrisy is classic double-speak! It is condoning cultural imperialism by using tactics to 'free' people that merely dictates what they ought to do to benefit a small segment of the population (which in this case is a hemisphere away). And don't you dare claim politics has nothing to do with it.

If you don't understand the playbook you work with then don't bother cluttering space with emotive gibberish. There is no indication in nature that diversity is a bad thing so let Russia come to terms at its own pace and the world will be a better place for it as nature takes its course, win or lose. The real issue here is how Americans and fellow developed nations make their citizens feel it is their duty to impose 'human rights' concerns on others for the sole benefit of getting access to their money and resources by conglomerates and such. But tools are tools and so have no sentience nor conscience.

Last edited by That Smell; 08-09-2013 at 08:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 07:52 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,593,358 times
Default Russia has weak olympic athletes unless gays are included

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Here's a link to what he actually said. It's from Breitbart, so you cons can't complain about the source.

Obama: No Olympics Boycott over Russia Gay Rights

While rejecting the idea of an Olympic boycott and criticizing Russia's new anti-gay laws, he also said:

"And one of the things I'm really looking forward to is maybe some gay and lesbian athletes bringing home the gold or silver or bronze, which I think would go a long way in rejecting the kind of attitudes that we're seeing there. If Russia doesn’t have gay or lesbian athletes, it will probably make their team weaker."

In other words, he's suggesting that deliberately excluding otherwise qualified athletes just because they're gay -- a factor that has absolutely nothing to do with their athletic ability -- might be counterproductive if Russia's goal is to win as many medals as possible. But that, of course, is not what the OP inferred.
HAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahaha. The reality of what was actually said vs the thread title is priceless.

Give us this day our daily dose of Obama hate.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:58 PM

33,595 posts, read 18,231,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Those gays are fast runners and swimmers, and all that stuff, don't 'cha know?
yup , that sounds like Bore Ilk Obama

Old 08-09-2013, 08:01 PM

234 posts, read 185,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
How or why in any possible sense is homosexuality any more "hedonistic" than heterosexuality?

What is this, the Dark Ages?
Nowhere was that differentiation was made. Nice assumption, tho.

What is hedonistic is the mad drive some have to punish other cultures for not obeying their culture's practices and the word was used to indicate that there are many people who cannot stop themselves from arm-chair engineering international societies based on their unique local preferences no matter the consequences. They are like old Christian Crusaders crusading for booty in the ME. Some believe, but most just want to win something for their attendance or at least please the vicar with their professed faith.

Dark Ages? Perhaps? If the only way Americans can conceive of a way to get their demands met is by impugning and shaming other societies into adopting their viewpoint that may lead to a new era of plodding conformity, to sate the desires of a few who wish to inform everyone how to live correctly or face punishment otherwise. Not that Americans have a Puritan streak in them...

Old 08-09-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why would anyone specifically "look forward" to a gay person winning a medal?

How odd.

What does a person's sexual preference have to do with their athletic accomplishment?
the gays take on a complete gay identity.. weird.. sexual deviant behavior they define themselves completely.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Why does the US have to impose the values on other countries.

Many (most) countries in the world do not favor homosexuality. So let it be.
Muslims hate the USA because of our low moral standards. Thank the liberals as they further corrupt morality as they progress into the dark ages of barbarism and their freedom from conscience , God or any standard of morality.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:42 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,354,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
pg 4 I know that one question that's been raised is, how do we approach the Olympics? I want to just make very clear right now, I do not think it's appropriate to boycott the Olympics. We've got a bunch of Americans out there who are training hard, who are doing everything they can to succeed. Nobody's more offended than me by some of the anti-gay and lesbian legislation that you've been seeing in Russia, but as I said just this week, I've spoken out against that not just with respect to Russia, but a number of other countries where we continue to do work with them, but we have a strong disagreement on this issue.

And one of the things I'm really looking forward to is maybe some gay and lesbian athletes bringing home the gold or silver or bronze, which I think would go a long way in rejecting the kind of attitudes that we're seeing there. And if Russia doesn't have gay or lesbian athletes, then that would probably make their team weaker.

TRANSCRIPT: President Obama’s August 9, 2013, news conference at the White House - The Washington Post

Looked over the rest and i don't see all the stuttering he did. I watched him live. Someone cleaned that up well.
Nobody is offended more than you? Give me a break! You were the one bragging about putting out cigarettes in gay mens' ears and tying them to trees with duct tape!

Old 08-09-2013, 08:44 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,051,052 times
LMAO yeah, because if you dont allow gays on your team, you dont stand a chance. Maybe in figure skating....

Old 08-09-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Alright, and in the United States they are on an equal level.

Yet, by specifically hoping that gay athletes perform well at Sochi, President Obama is elevating them, and also focusing on them being gay rather than their athletic ability.

It doesn't make sense.
It does if the president is gay. It is alleged he is ..gay.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:21 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,063,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It does if the president is gay. It is alleged he is ..gay.
What does Michelle think about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies