Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 04:25 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,793,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I went in search of the back story and after wading through pages of rants on other forums, I cam across this:
Woman sees man carrying gun, so runs over him with her car. Police won't charge her
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 09:59 PM

9 posts, read 5,669 times
Maybe she feared something was about to happen. She was trusting her instincts. I personally would not ran him over. Maybe followed him as close as I could. Got a good description of him and called the police. Everyone acts different when they are afraid. Most people would of just hit the metal to the peddle and kept going. Not the right thing to do, but at least she stopped him.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:25 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,216,022 times
this is almost a 3 year old zombie thread

Old 06-17-2016, 12:00 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,866,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeeblue
Maybe she feared something was about to happen. She was trusting her instincts. I personally would not ran him over. Maybe followed him as close as I could. Got a good description of him and called the police. Everyone acts different when they are afraid. Most people would of just hit the metal to the peddle and kept going. Not the right thing to do, but at least she stopped him.
Thats the problem in this world... PEOPLE NOT MINDING THIER OWN BUSINESS and they make mistakes like this!! (The guy had a FAKE gun)

Still she stopped a robbery which is why I guess they didnt charge her with anything..

Old 06-17-2016, 01:28 AM

9,143 posts, read 5,812,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeeblue View Post
That you, Zimmie?

Old 06-17-2016, 01:33 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,408,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
She stopped a crime about to happen. Good for her. I guess you are on the side of criminals now. Figures.

PS. Why must you always bump your own thread when no one responds?

Lots of assumptions on your part.

Let's try it this way...

Guy's walking along, sees what looks like a sawed-off shotgun.

Panics, realizing children are in the area, picks up dangerous sawed-off shotgun so a child doesn't get ahold of it, gets run over, is now a robbery suspect and the driver is a hero.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:35 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,091,678 times
Yawn... lets see the d.a.'s file on this one
We aren't getting the whole story

Old 06-17-2016, 05:35 AM

59,199 posts, read 27,388,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Looks like you'd better be careful around Pittsburgh. If you are carrying a gun, a citizen can decide you're probably going to rob or shoot someone, and can run over you with their car, just in case.

A woman did exactly that to a man who was walking along carrying what looked like a shotgun. Police have stated that they will not charge her for running over him.

I guess the 2nd amendment says you can keep and bear arms. It doesn't say people are forbidden to run over you if you do it. Of course, the Framers didn't know about cars in 1791.......
Why do I get the feeling there's more to this story?

BTW, the "gun" turns out to be an Airsoft fake gun, that only shoots little plastic pellets.

Oops.

----------------------------------------------------

Police: Aliquippa Woman Thwarts Robbery By Running Over Suspect « CBS Pittsburgh

Police: Aliquippa Woman Thwarts Robbery By Running Over Suspect

Reporting Christine D’Antonio
August 9, 2013 2:49 PM

ALIQUIPPA (KDKA) – Police say a Beaver County woman may have thwarted a robbery, by running over a suspect with her car.

It happened in the 2100 block of McMinn Street in Aliquippa. Aliquippa police say a witness saw Cameron White walking down a street carrying what appeared to be a sawed off shotgun. She called police, but noticed that White was heading in the direction of a group of children.

Police say she feared White was going to shoot the children, so she ran over him with her car.
White was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Police believe he was actually going to rob the Circle K mini-mart down the road and that she may have prevented the robbery.

They say White was carrying an airsoft pellet gun which had been sawed off to look like a shotgun, and the orange tip had been taken off.

The Beaver County District Attorney says they are not going to charge her with running White over.
She should ALSO be charged with a "hate" crime but, we KNOW THAT will never happen.

Old 06-17-2016, 05:47 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,403,309 times
If he did, in fact, point an authentic looking weapon at her, she responded in a reasonable manner, IMO.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:06 AM

19,731 posts, read 10,147,288 times
Nowhere does it say that he pointed it at anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies