Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 05:42 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times

Advertisements

Zimmerman plans to seek legal fees from Florida, lawyer says | Fox News

Isn't this interesting... Not only did Florida RUSH to charge George Zimmerman with a crime that just about everyone capable of coherent thought said was unjustified and would be found innocent of, but -

Quote:
George Zimmerman's attorney says he plans to ask the state of Florida to cover $200,000 to $300,000 of his client's legal expenses.
Mark O'Mara told the Orlando Sentinel Monday night that because Zimmerman was acquitted, state law requires Florida to pay all his legal costs, minus the fee that goes to his lawyers.
[LEFT]

NOW, in addition to all the money it cost to try this in court, it's going to cost even more money, because the state of Florida is liable for all legal fees with the exception of those direct attorney costs.....
[/LEFT]

Old 08-27-2013, 05:50 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
I think everybody who is found innocent, be it criminal or civil, should counter-sue the person/entity who brought the charges. Better yet, make it automatic. You sue me, you lose, you automatically pay my attorney fees.

That would put a stop to a lot of frivilous lawsuits.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:51 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times
Good. The state folded to media pressure and race baiting from Holder, Sharpton, and Obama. Based on FL case law that case never should have been tried.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:08 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Good decision. I'm surprised they aren't going for punitive damages, as well. Zimmerman had his name and reputation dragged through the mud for no reason whatsoever, and one of the people doing the dragging was the prosecutor. To me, that would justify at the very least a defamation lawsuit.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:19 AM

3,599 posts, read 6,785,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I think everybody who is found innocent, be it criminal or civil, should counter-sue the person/entity who brought the charges. Better yet, make it automatic. You sue me, you lose, you automatically pay my attorney fees.

Only way this happens is lawyers agree to this. Ain't no chance in h*ll lawyers agree to this unless its other people's money. Lawyers will claim big corporations have big pockets and this discourages the little guys from suing.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:19 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,481,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Does anyone know the status of Zimmerman's suit vs. the news organizations that did things like manipulate the 9-11 tapes?

Also if the family of TM has proceeded with a civil lawsuit vs. Zimmerman or if they haven't yet?

No invective, no political garbage please....just what the status is. Thanks.
This is what I was interested in to. What he should get from them should take care of his legal fees and then some.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:25 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Does anyone know the status of Zimmerman's suit vs. the news organizations that did things like manipulate the 9-11 tapes?

Also if the family of TM has proceeded with a civil lawsuit vs. Zimmerman or if they haven't yet?

No invective, no political garbage please....just what the status is. Thanks.
The latest news story I've found is that the suit will go forward "ASAP". I don't really expect anything to happen with it for a year or so, considering the sluggishness of our court system.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:26 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,737,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Yup Loser pays.

Though this is not a lawsuit. The taxpayer should not be responsible for paying for Zimmerman's Lawyers.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:28 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Yup Loser pays.

Though this is not a lawsuit. The taxpayer should not be responsible for paying for Zimmerman's Lawyers.
Yes and no.

The taxpayer voted in a sloppy, trigger happy prosecutor.

Elections have consequences.

Mr. Zimmerman can't afford what happened to him. I know I couldn't, either.

She should be impeached. For skipping the grand jury, if nothing else.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:33 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Zimmerman plans to seek legal fees from Florida, lawyer says | Fox News

Isn't this interesting... Not only did Florida RUSH to charge George Zimmerman with a crime that just about everyone capable of coherent thought said was unjustified and would be found innocent of, but -

NOW, in addition to all the money it cost to try this in court, it's going to cost even more money, because the state of Florida is liable for all legal fees with the exception of those direct attorney costs.....
[/color][/LEFT]
As disgusting as it is, he has the right...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies