Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 03:45 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,609,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
The reason we won't believe it anyway, like your three year old, is because your explanation can only convince or fool a three year old. It's gonna take one heck of a lot more, including hard facts (i.e. evidence), not theory to convince us. Btw, the supposed skeptics and deniers do NOT need to prove their position, because they are not the ones making the supposed scientific claims that have NEVER been validated with factual evidence.
Suffice it to say, you don't believe in the theory of relativity, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 03:50 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
*sigh* Of course I have to do the legwork for you. Here are a few of my posts you haven't addressed. I never said I wouldn't look up hurricane frequency. That was someone else. Get with it.

"Forgive me for recognizing the ulterior motives at play when geologists, who have no certified knowledge of climatology, not to mention they are paid by corporations that would be damaged from climate legislation, are polled on climate change."

"And it's so typical of the wingnuts to argue against climate change by using the opinions of certain people rather than facts. Not to mention that polling geologists on global warming makes no ****ing sense. It's like polling brain surgeons on which toothpaste is best. Geologists study rocks. Ask them about plate tectonics or mining techniques, not climate science."

"Who the hell cares about "peer reviewed"? The only thing to review here is that there was a poll. There are no new facts here. Just a poll. Here's how the peer review most likely went down:

'Yep, that's a poll.'

The end."
There is nothing to address in your posts. All you are doing is throwing out insults, comparing it to toothpaste, that some geoscientists are clueless and that you don't care about peer review unless you agree with what has been reviewed. So again you have provided nothing. Just like your hurricane comparrison from '05 to '06. You folks act like hurricanes are some recent phenomenon that was all caused by SUV's.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:01 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
There is nothing to address in your posts. All you are doing is throwing out insults, comparing it to toothpaste, that some geoscientists are clueless and that you don't care about peer review unless you agree with what has been reviewed. So again you have provided nothing. Just like your hurricane comparrison from '05 to '06. You folks act like hurricanes are some recent phenomenon that was all caused by SUV's.
You got to be kidding me right now. Not that I'm surprised. You are being so intellectually dishonest right now it's sickening.

A. Geologists do not study climate. That is not their field. It does not make sense to question them on what they think. Their opinion has no more credibility than mine or yours on this issue.

B. The only thing their peers could have reviewed is whether or not the polling methods were sound. The polling methods apparently were sound, but that does not make the opinions of those polled any more credible.

C. I never made a comparison between 05 and 06. You continue to be too lazy to realize who you're speaking to.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:03 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
From a group that belongs to no legitimate organization or group concerning climate sceince, at all.
There is very wide swath of scientific fields involved with climate study. A geologist is going to be in a field where ancient climate is studied, same thing with physicists who may study the sun...

Old 08-13-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
You got to be kidding me right now. Not that I'm surprised. You are being so intellectually dishonest right now it's sickening.

A. Geologists do not study climate. That is not their field. It does not make sense to question them on what they think. Their opinion has no more credibility than mine or yours on this issue.

B. The only thing their peers could have reviewed is whether or not the polling methods were sound. The polling methods apparently were sound, but that does not make the opinions of those polled any more credible.

C. I never made a comparison between 05 and 06. You continue to be too lazy to realize who you're speaking to.
WHAT IS GEOSCIENCE?
Geoscience includes all the sciences (geology, geophysics, geochemistry) that study the structure, evolution and dynamics of the planet Earth and its natural mineral and energy resources. Geoscience investigates the processes that have shaped the Earth through its 4600 million year history and uses the rock record to unravel that history - it is concerned with the real world beyond the laboratory and has direct relevance to the needs of society.
Modern geoscience is founded on plate tectonic theory which states that the outer part of the Earth (the lithosphere) is composed of a series of interlocking plates in relative motion. All geological processes such as mountain building, earthquake and volcanic activity are directly or indirectly related to the motions of the plates.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:06 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,750,449 times
The only people using the term "Global Warming" are liars and/or complete idiots. When I hear people using that term I understand instantly that this person doesn't even understand what the rest of us are talking about.

Closer to the real argument is Climate Change & no one's denying it (which is inconvenient when you're trying to demonize people because it doesn't make them sounds as ignorant). Everyone believes in Climate Change because Climate Change exists. We know the earth has heated up, contracted, formed glaciers, oceans, canyons, volcanoes, etc. since the beginning of time.

The actual debate is whether or not man is the main cause? Man accounts for only .05% of greenhouse gas & carbon emissions. I've yet to hear anyone explain how this makes us the main cause? The truth is that if everyone on the planet agreed to eliminate are fossil fuels & go 100% green tomorrow, the absolute best case scenario would be cutting greenhouses gas & carbon emissions by .05%. That wouldn't stop Climate Change or even retard it. It would literally make no difference at all. Since we know that Climate Change can not be stopped I'd instead prefer to put the considerably money & effort of trying to convince us it's our fault instead into new technologies to help us adapt to the inevitable change that's coming.

As for the so called "consensus" it's a joke. All scientists are paid. Not just the ones the Koch Bros fund. Scientists must choose a side in order to get paid & that includes the so-called "consensus" who are simply trying to remain relevant, advance their careers, gain peer recognition & grant money. Money coming from the billionaire Koch Bros is no less dirty than money coming from the billionaire Rockefellers. This is not about the planet, it's a much more complex race for global power.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:09 PM

If they want to stop the planet from warming they need to pull the plug at the bottom of the ocean. I wonder if I could get a couple million to fund such a venture from the global warming cultists?

Old 08-13-2013, 04:10 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,547,733 times
The warmers have been on the receiving end of boatloads of federal money to create this supposed crisis.

They're the welfare crowd of academia.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:12 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times
Quote:

Hmm...

You know who this guy is right?

http://ploneprod.met.psu.edu/people/mem45

Quote:
Dr. Michael E. Mann received his undergraduate degrees in Physics and Applied Math from the University of California at Berkeley, an M.S. degree in Physics from Yale University, and a Ph.D. in Geology & Geophysics from Yale University.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:21 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Suffice it to say, you don't believe in the theory of relativity, right?
Get back to me when CAGW becomes a theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies