Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 08:23 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
A fetus does not have a fully formed brain......it is not sentient.....it is not a person.....it is not a baby.

Just because it is alive and has its own DNA does not mean it has the right to use MY body for 9 months against my will. I am not a slave.

I have the right to live as I please. I have the right to have a couple martinis everyday, the right to smoke a pack of cigs everyday, the right to live on coffee, twinkies and mercury laden tuna everyday. I have the right to spend my money on nights out instead of spending it on pre-natal check ups and pre-natal vitamins. I am a separate, living, complete human being that has the right to live my life as I see fit. I am not breeding stock.

BTW....just how do you plan on forcing someone who does not want to carry a pregnancy to take proper care of a fetus?

Bottom line.....you cannot force someone to live their life as YOU see fit. You cannot force someone to get all weepy eyed and ga ga over a fetus just because you do.
Do you realize how and self absorbed your post is? Serious question

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-15-2013 at 06:02 AM..

Old 08-14-2013, 08:57 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Do you realize how and self absorbed your post is? Serious question
You mean it sounds narcissistic and self absorbed according to YOU.....and what YOU think a woman should do, think and feel.

No. I do not feel guilty for wanting to live my life as I see fit. It is not narcissistic or self absorbed to want to pursue goals in life other than breeding. I do not OWE it to anyone to incubate a fetus against my will.

Just because I am a woman does not mean I have to feel guilty because I want to live my own life and control my own body.

It really irks me that some people feel a woman's first and only duty in life is to sacrifice her personal wants and needs to procreate.

Just why should I feel guilty because I do not want to go through a pregnancy? Serious question.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-15-2013 at 06:03 AM..

Old 08-14-2013, 09:56 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You mean it sounds narcissistic and self absorbed according to YOU.....and what YOU think a woman should do, think and feel.

No. I do not feel guilty for wanting to live my life as I see fit. It is not narcissistic or self absorbed to want to pursue goals in life other than breeding. I do not OWE it to anyone to incubate a fetus against my will.

Just because I am a woman does not mean I have to feel guilty because I want to live my own life and control my own body.

It really irks me that some people feel a woman's first and only duty in life is to sacrifice her personal wants and needs to procreate.

Just why should I feel guilty because I do not want to go through a pregnancy? Serious question.
Then don't get pregnant and you won't face your Pro Death, War on Babies dilemma.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:58 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Then don't get pregnant and you won't face your Pro Death, War on Babies dilemma.

not your business mind your own vagina. abortion is legal. will stay legal as it should be.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:07 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Being pro-choice means you allow individuals and couples to decide when to have children and not the government.

What a load!

People are "pro-choice" as opposed to "pro-abortion" because abortion is obviously wrong and indefensible on its merits.

I'm pro-choice because I support the right of every women to choose to copulate or not.

I am also pro-life and pro-accountability.

People who defend abortion believe women are, like children, far too irresponsible to be held accountable for their decision to conceive an innocent child.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:11 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
No one is killing babies......cut the drama.

If BC had ever failed me, I would have aborted.....no dilemma there.....just a viable solution to a problem.

Last edited by Annie53; 08-14-2013 at 10:47 PM..

Old 08-14-2013, 10:26 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,776,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What a load!

People are "pro-choice" as opposed to "pro-abortion" because abortion is obviously wrong and indefensible on its merits.

I'm pro-choice because I support the right of every women to choose to copulate or not.

I am also pro-life and pro-accountability.

People who defend abortion believe women are, like children, far too irresponsible to be held accountable for their decision to conceive an innocent child.
Hi. Let me introduce you to a concept called "rape"...

Old 08-14-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
You're probably right. It's an issue that will never be politically settled. Legally, of course, it was settled 40 years ago. But that's not good enough. Too many Americans are skating through life without having their privacy invaded by the god troops.

Here we have a perfect example of abortion supporters being unable to defend abortion and working overtime to avoid any discussions of the merits or morality of abortion.

"It's an issue that will never be politically settled." (So please don't try)

"Legally, of course, it was settled 40 years ago." (We'll continue to ignore the fact that the same court decided blacks were also not persons)

"But that's not good enough." (Too bad, because its hard to defend what is so obviously indefensible)

"Too many Americans are skating through life without having their privacy invaded by the god troops."
(The only arguments against abortion are religious ones)

The only thing Roe did was to allow the state to declare an entire class of individuals to be non-persons.

This is nothing new under the Sun as people throughout history have had their most fundamental natural rights taken away when they were declared non-persons by the state.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:56 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Once again a Neo Prog lie. If you support the redefining of marriage and you cite "equality" as your reason, then, by definition, you MUST support consensual incest marriage. Or you're a hypocrite. Your call.,
It was pointed out to you countless times on that thread as to why there is a social and medical difference between the two relationships and you belligerently refused to get the concept, just as you are doing on this topc. If you do not support a woman's right to choose that is your problem and business, but try as you might, you have no power or justifiable right to sit judgement as to what degree another woman values life and how she lives hers. Neo-Busybody!

Old 08-14-2013, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Hi. Let me introduce you to a concept called "rape"...

Good point.

What about the 99% of abortions that have nothing to do with rape?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies