Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2013, 06:44 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
So maybe the "Watering the Tree of Liberty" will be decided voting district by voting district. Some are Dem, Others are bastions of conservative ideology. Interesting and probable, to say the least.
Thats it, pretty much. South of San Fran CA is a liberal quagmire. The Northern, rural, counties are still free thinking people. There just isn't enough of them to counter the urban centers. They are trapped.

In tbe late 80s several CA counties attempted to secede crom CA and become part of NV.Some of these were Sierra, Plumas, Lassen, Shasta. and Modoc. It was called the Northwest NV movement, anx it came SO close to happening.

At the time, there was no legal way CA could stop these places from saying goodbye. The CA legislature emergency convened, and stopped it. In record time. Overnight after they had enough delegates. I blame the NV legislature, for weenying and waffling about, giving CA time to react. The counties, in question, were ready to go. Ain't gonna happen now. Once the hand got tipped, it was over with blinding speed.

It's a shame. Woulda been glorious. A peaceful secession, anx massive cool places like Shasta, Susanville, Alturas, Portola, McCloud, Sierraville, Loyalton and so many others would have been in NV. (Sigh) the poloticians screwed them. Wonder how much money changed hands to get the NV legislature to screw around JUST long enough. Can't trust politicians! !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 09:35 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Thats it, pretty much. South of San Fran CA is a liberal quagmire. The Northern, rural, counties are still free thinking people. There just isn't enough of them to counter the urban centers. They are trapped.

In tbe late 80s several CA counties attempted to secede crom CA and become part of NV.Some of these were Sierra, Plumas, Lassen, Shasta. and Modoc. It was called the Northwest NV movement, anx it came SO close to happening.

At the time, there was no legal way CA could stop these places from saying goodbye. The CA legislature emergency convened, and stopped it. In record time. Overnight after they had enough delegates. I blame the NV legislature, for weenying and waffling about, giving CA time to react. The counties, in question, were ready to go. Ain't gonna happen now. Once the hand got tipped, it was over with blinding speed.

It's a shame. Woulda been glorious. A peaceful secession, anx massive cool places like Shasta, Susanville, Alturas, Portola, McCloud, Sierraville, Loyalton and so many others would have been in NV. (Sigh) the poloticians screwed them. Wonder how much money changed hands to get the NV legislature to screw around JUST long enough. Can't trust politicians! !
Never a truer statement made.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:38 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
And also: http://www.psychologytoday.com/basics/fear

Old 08-19-2013, 09:53 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
yeah, they make the law so hard to comply with, no manufacture will soon what to make a complaint version of any firearm.
Just so you know I was being very loose on the date for gun buttons. I own a mauser made in 1880 that has one. With Cali rule of Law we would all be living in a glue and saw dust chinese box.

I agree to let the courts fight it out. In the past decade or so the court seem to be getting it right. So let the proggy libs make the law. Their foolish laws get turned DOWN and rightly so.

i just love the way it worked in NH when proggy libs made gun free school zones with out any thinking. I believe them to be incapable of any thinking anyway, so it wasn't a surprise.

No sooner was the law made that it had to be changed. The way it was written no one could take a gun on any road.. Roads here are too close to schools. So either the LAW had to be changed or the schools needed to be set back

Old 08-19-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Its part of a WAY bigger agenda. The stakes of power here are enormous. If the door they are knocking on gets kicked down, so much more than gun rights are at stake. I keep getting my brain overloaded by all the possible ramifications.

This is starting to smell like the biggest, legally fronted, power grab in US history, by government officials. Elected ones. This sure is NOT all about public safety and violent crime involving firearms.

The blanket demonization of gun owners and gun rights advocates has a big audience in CAs huge urban centers. This creates that illusion oc massive public support helping these legislative measures pass, and passing a carte blanche the the legislators to just completely disassemble the rights of CAs citizens. All of them.

Next they will wang to ban firearms and firearms rights literature in the state. As a hazard to public safety. Scratch the First amendment. Then, LE will need certain "extraneous" powers of search and seizure if suspected firearms violations are involved in complaints or investigations. So long fourth amendment. I don't put anything past CA lawmakers.
I know a typo when i see one, and i know what was meant, unlike proggy libs.. But I like the typo and i think most cali public servants need a good old fashion wang on occasions to keep them civil as in civil SERVANT

Old 08-19-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
The court has unlimited power over our lives, liberty, rights, and property..that is what the founders had in mind didn't they?
I'ld like to see Chicago fenced off and this used as an experiment there. Can't we declare Chicago a 3rd world reservation, just like Pine Ridge in South Dakota?

Send in SWAT and some US Marshals and gather all the guns, then leave.

I mean all the guns too, every last one right down to the last chief of police. Let no one in let no one out.

Suspend the BOR there for 150 years.

( i just would like to see if removing the guns stops crime and any violence. )

Old 08-19-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
You are getting carried away - and not to any good purpose. The second has been contentious for many decades. The present court has given the gunnies there biggest victory in one way and a savage defeat in another.

None of this particularly reads on other amendments or clauses. It is a pecuiliar, somewhat blood thirsty directive from our founders. But it has little real support. Even the support in the gun community is limited to the hard core. A pistol carried for self protection and a medium machine gun appeal to vastly different audiences.

There is and has always been pressure on the first and fourth. Police authorities have never liked the fourth ...makes their job hard. In practice they routinely ignore them. Often lying about it. But the basic requirement has never really changed. Suggesting this is policy from on high however is not reasonable. The police are one of the stake holders and assert influence on the others. But they are seldom very popular in the political domain. More an annoyance to be suffered.
Well in this case where in the CONS or BOR does it mention we have a right to have POLICE? IMO any public servant is a higher paid (lack of a better term) welfare recipient.

The fact they are allowed to lie thru their teeth in court just causes me to lose any respect for them at all. Cops were not always the way they are now. There were not SWAT and a ARMY like they are today.

I consider cops to be as dangerous to life and liberty as i do violent drug offenders. I resent being taxed to pay their salaries too.

And on the CONS and BOR I believe the founders intended us to have and bear equal arms to any military in shoulder or hand held weapons.

If the Mil has the M-4 so shall I be legal with one set up to work the same way.

The CONS and BOR states what the GOVT CAN NOT DO to We the people not the other way around. These documents are being trashed at will by the Feds and assorted other public servants.

These people are Traitors to the nation. They should be rounded up and arrested then tried in court.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:29 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I know a typo when i see one, and i know what was meant, unlike proggy libs.. But I like the typo and i think most cali public servants need a good old fashion wang on occasions to keep them civil as in civil SERVANT

Yea....didn't catch that one. Lol. Still, when speaking about CA legislators, it does work well as is.

Old 08-19-2013, 02:53 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
This is the reason we have 50 states with different laws... The overall majority of Californians don't care if their rights are taken away. They have been giving their rights up for years and been taxed into poverty for decades. Yet they stay. That tells me they enjoy the political intercoarse.
they are sheeple...and they think everyone in this nation should like them, taxed into poverty and disarmed....only liberalism could turn a once great state into a 3rd world hellhole..

Old 08-19-2013, 03:00 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:

Any reason it cant happen again?

Last edited by gunlover; 08-19-2013 at 03:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies