Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2009, 02:43 PM

3 posts, read 49,875 times

Advertisements

I just got put on 3 years of SIS supervised probation for a drug charge (marijuana). I was wondering if I can still collect unemployment benefits since I am on probation? I was collecting before I got put on probation so this isn't a new claim. Can payments to me be stopped?

Derrick
Missouri
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 02:48 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,195,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsumadi View Post
I just got put on 3 years of SIS supervised probation for a drug charge (marijuana). I was wondering if I can still collect unemployment benefits since I am on probation? I was collecting before I got put on probation so this isn't a new claim. Can payments to me be stopped?

Derrick
Missouri
I wouldn't see a problem if you have a call back date.But even if you don't I'll bet with hard times you PO won't give you too much problem.

Oh stay clean!

hillman

Old 05-01-2009, 02:48 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,493 times
they give criminals welfare on a daily basis. I can't really see them taking unemployment away from you. you actually paid into that system, where as the criminal welfare folks are nothing but parasites.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:50 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,701,290 times
Why don't you ask your probation officer?

Old 05-01-2009, 02:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
at least here basis of UIB is job search if you are doing that the drug charge should be a side issue.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:50 PM

I got in trouble like 18 months ago for this, but just got the sentence...I've been clean for a long time.

As for asking the P.O....if he says stop collecting or he will stop my payments then I have a big problem....(no income and no job) They say this system is supposed to help people but I don't buy that bs. This system makes it more difficult for people to get somewhere in life. In fact I had just got signed in january with a semi-famous rock band....and since the probation office/courts won't let me travel out of the country for touring purposes my one in a million chance got flushed down the toilet. If I find out the P.O can prevent me from collecting then I won't offer the information and tell him I am collecting.....if he asks Ill say I had money saved up and my gf is helping me get by. It's one thing to screw me out of the rockstar dream I've been worked hard to attain for the last 18 years, but it's a whole new level of lowness to take away my table scraps that provide for me and my family.

As for missouri and "welfare" for criminals it's hypocritical. You can be a molester, murderer, rapest, fraud, whatever but if you have any kind of felony drug charge they deny you foodstamps and welfare.....cause anyone whos ever got a felony drug charge doesn't need to eat or pay bills!! Right?

Well thanks for all your replies...keep them coming if you have answers or facts

Old 05-01-2009, 05:21 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsumadi View Post

Derrick
Missouri
More than likely you can.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:01 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,580,932 times
Stop smoking pot and get a job.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Stop smoking pot and get a job.
OH! I'm just a horrible person aren't I? I bet you're perfect! I quit smoking pot long time ago, no one had to make me, not that it's really of your concern. If a good job was available I would take it. I did go to college for something in addition to studying my arse off to be a pro musician.

How about you never drink another alcholic beverage for the rest of your life, or coffee/soda?....I'm sure you have your thing, evryone does! Just cause it's legal doesn't mean it's right

Old 08-14-2013, 10:22 PM

1 posts, read 11,539 times
Brother , hang in there , I'm
Only on this site to find information on the same type of thing , I was 200,000 short of being a millionaire , now , I'm hoping to get unemployment . Btw I smoked pot for 30 years and I mean some good ass pot . That's is my social choice , so don't be concerned on the bad comments . They who are perfect , throw the first stone . So God bless you perfect people , who codemds will be commend. But that here or there . Stand strong and I hope we both can get what we payed into , I have a felony now , first time in my life , never knew , not the system , but some people in it could be so heartless along with are lawmakers . But unfortunately , no matter how many times you hear it's all about money and power and more money . Those people are right . Said but true . I call it ignorance , ESP the people who Judge others and never even met them on top of it , heck , at least we are in better shoes then they are ! Keep your hopes a love my brother !!! I never ever wrote on line before , so you know and feel where it's coming from !! You be traveling soon enough and rocking, , I won't ask u for tickets bc Mj is gone and zepp is too old !! Remember who your real Father is , he owns everything anyway , trust your worthiness . In fact everyone should do that , so for the smart butts on here , be more concern on your on worthiness too , it's not to belittle another . Anyway , I'm doing some research and I'm I can get any factual info , I send it .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies