Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2013, 09:40 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,225,138 times

Advertisements

Are atheists mentally ill?

Even if they are, atheists make up less than 5% of the population, what about all the other lunatics out there, surely you aren't suggesting that only 5% of the population is crazy, that would be crazy, and stupid.

Bottom line is that most of the crazy people are not atheists.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:45 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,482,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Seriously I don't even know why I posted to you because I'm at a loss for words. I guess I want to hear more about parents worshiping satan. So how many are there? And how do they give their child to satan. Do they have a sacrifice or something.
How do parents give their Children to Christ in the Catholic Church? You're not a "cradle Catholic" or something? I am.

I was baptized as an infant and indoctrinated into the beliefs and rituals of Holy Mother Church from that time on.

Satanic people do a similar thing. And yes... they bring their children to rituals and have them performing in the worship of Satan.

You can read this book. I only read maybe the first chapter of it. I never finished. It's written by a loyal Catholic priest that was highly educated and trusted by a Cardinal to act as his adviser during Vatican II.

The book is based on true events, true people, and supposedly a true historical family in the U.S. that was both rich and loyal to the Catholic Church.

This priest/author was one of the top exorcists in the world which ultimately placed him in confrontation (and received death threats) from Satanic worshipers.

Amazon.com: Windswept House: A Vatican Novel (9780385492317): Malachi Martin: Books

Excerpt.
Quote:
From Kirkus Reviews

The author of Vatican (1986), among others, returns with a mammoth meditation on the troubled state of today's Catholic Church. So troubled, as one of the characters reports to the ``slavic Pope'' who is the central figure here, that ``it's going down.'' In his opening scenes, surprising for this measured writer, Martin portrays an animal sacrifice straight out of Stephen King, and Lucifer's plan is unveiled: to penetrate the Church hierarchy and eventually the Holy See itself with corrupt priests. They are bent on merging with economic and ethical universalists in the public arena, but their true agenda is the ascension of Satan and the annihilation of humankind. A young American priest, Christian Gladstone, from a place of peace called Windswept House, attempts to reverse these trends in his audiences with the slavic Pope; his twin brother, a lawyer, is embroiled in the impending new world order....

Malachi Martin The Tempter's Hour ( I ) - YouTube

Old 08-19-2013, 09:46 PM

73,133 posts, read 62,985,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
So are pedophile priests and even lay people and Bishops that worship Satan. Being Catholic means little to nothing. This is especially so of contemporary Catholic females, as in general they are worse than pagans.

I'd trust a Muslim woman with the welfare of my child before I would with a Catholic woman. I trusted an Evangelical Protestant woman before a Catholic woman.

Also... anthropologist and some biologist refer to humans as apes. It's not that we evolved from apes, we are apes they claim.
What you have seen from such persons is not what the Catholic Church teaches. The persons who are pedophiles are going AGAINST what the church teaches. You have hypocrits in every faith. I don't think the Catholic Church should be singled out for it.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:55 PM

32,243 posts, read 15,213,100 times
Quote:
How do parents give their Children to Christ in the Catholic Church? You're not a "cradle Catholic" or something? I am.

I was baptized as an infant and indoctrinated into the beliefs and rituals of Holy Mother Church from that time on.

Satanic people do a similar thing. And yes... they bring their children to rituals and have them performing in the worship of Satan.

You can read this book. I only read maybe the first chapter of it. I never finished. It's written by a loyal Catholic priest that was highly educated and trusted by a Cardinal to act as his adviser during Vatican II.

The book is based on true events, true people, and supposedly a true historical family in the U.S. that was both rich and loyal to the Catholic Church.

This priest/author was one of the top exorcists in the world which ultimately placed him in confrontation (and received death threats) from Satanic worshipers.

Amazon.com: Windswept House: A Vatican Novel (9780385492317): Malachi Martin: Books

Excerpt.

Malachi Martin The Tempter's Hour ( I ) - YouTube
I'm still waiting for the list of satan parents.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:55 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,249,114 times
You have to consider that those sources are likely from religious people. And we know that religious people aren't the smartest people around. Or the healthiest. Or the most stable. Or the safest. Or the most law-abiding. And so on...

Old 08-19-2013, 10:01 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,195,139 times
Let's look at the other side of the coin of the OP's very flawed premise...

Quote:
Religious Fundamentalism Is a "Mental Illness" That Could Soon Be "Cured"

The vast majority of us who find comfort in our spiritual beliefs and philosophical contemplations, often hang our heads in shame when associated with the venom of hate-filled fanatics. But it seems the nature of extremist belief, may have more to do with neurological disorder than a devoted understanding of scripture.

Leading Oxford University neurologist Kathleen Taylor has posited in her new book The Brain Supremacy that religious fundamentalism may soon be an identifiable "mental disorder” — and curable as an illness.

Religious Fundamentalism Is a "Mental Illness" That Could Soon Be "Cured"

Old 08-19-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
What I was saying is that as a catholic we were told god created us. And I went to catholic schools all my life. It was kind of like a brainwashing. As I grew up and became more informed and educated, I realized this wasn't the case. There is no proof of god creating us but there is proof that we evolved from apes. If you don't want to believe that, its fine. But that's what I believe.
My major is biology and I've taken a number of physical anthropology courses.

There is evidence Homo sapiens share a common primate ancestor with Chimps and Bonobos. I also understand why anthropologists refer to us as apes.

I was taught the theory of evolution as fact in Catholic high school. In public university I've come to learn it far less a fact than I was taught and always believed.

Evolution is a complicated subject. I still have far more to learn about it. And we the average lay people of science don't really understand the theory of evolution all that well. What I will say is this... you have been (like everyone else) indoctrinated by atheism to as great if not greater an extent than you were indoctrinated with Christian belief.

Evidence and proof are different things. There is no proof humans evolved from a primitive primate. There is none. The atheist can howl at me till they are red in the face. They can try all their shaming techniques (e.g., "You don't have enough education," "You're university sucks" etc.) to "bring me in line." I don't care. There is no proof that God created us either.

There is evidence for both God creating life on earth, and arguably humanity as well, and there is evidence for humanity evolving from a more primitive primate. The evidence for the former are philosophical though (logical), the evidence for the latter are physical (fossil, genetic records, anatomical or morphological similarities).

Old 08-19-2013, 10:11 PM

32,243 posts, read 15,213,100 times
Quote:
My major is biology and I've taken a number of physical anthropology courses.

There is evidence Homo sapiens share a common primate ancestor with Chimps and Bonobos. I also understand why anthropologists refer to us as apes.

I was taught the theory of evolution as fact in Catholic high school. In public university I've come to learn it far less a fact than I was taught and always believed.

Evolution is a complicated subject. I still have far more to learn about it. And we the average lay people of science don't really understand the theory of evolution all that well. What I will say is this... you have been (like everyone else) indoctrinated by atheism to as great if not greater an extent than you were indoctrinated with Christian belief.

Evidence and proof are different things. There is no proof humans evolved from a primitive primate. There is none. The atheist can howl at me till they are red in the face. They can try all their shaming techniques (e.g., "You don't have enough education," "You're university sucks" etc.) to "bring me in line." I don't care. There is no proof that God created us either.

There is evidence for both God creating life on earth, and arguably humanity as well, and there is evidence for humanity evolving from a more primitive primate. The evidence for the former are philosophical though (logical), the evidence for the latter are physical (fossil, genetic records, anatomical or morphological similarities).
And what evidence is there that god created life on earth. Do you believe he created lives on other planets as well. And I have not been indoctrinated by atheism because i do believe in god. I just don't believe in him as you do. I'm sorry but I believe in myself. The god I believe in would want that for me.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:13 PM

20,947 posts, read 19,108,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
I raised my son without religion. I did not raise him alone... his grandmother lived with us until she died when he was 20. My mom believed in god, but not an afterlife.

How does he feel? Well, some people think I am more of an agnostic than an atheist. My son is an atheist through and through. He calls it "worshiping parade floats".
He does not agree with any of my spiritual teachings... he even calls these "hogwash".

He's smart. He reads a lot online and has made up his own mind.

To each their own.
How does a so called "smart person" explain our existence?

Not just our planet or our Galaxy or even our Universe?

How can an "intelligent" person believe that all that we see just popped into existence?

I believe in science. I believe in evolution. I believe in the Big Bang theory, whether it was a singularity or membrane theory.

But where did the stuff that we're made of come from? What caused this tremendous amount of energy?

Old 08-19-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What you have seen from such persons is not what the Catholic Church teaches. The persons who are pedophiles are going AGAINST what the church teaches. You have hypocrits in every faith. I don't think the Catholic Church should be singled out for it.
I'm aware of that. The Catholic Church ought be singled out to a certain degree concerning apostasy, as it seems to have the greatest problem with it. So bad is the problem that I advise people considering converting to the Catholic Church to convert to the Orthodox Church. If you enter the Catholic Church as a Christian you may leave an atheist.

The incrideble thing--and it is incredible--is that the Church has not fallen, not been destroyed, any other institution on earth would have fallen by now.

Quote:
I'm still waiting for the list of satan parents.
Why is there some list I can google that has me listed as a Catholic?

Most Satanic people--especially if they are Catholic lay members and Catholic Bishops (they are Protestant too)--keep their Satanic involvement secret.

I will tell you this, they supposedly reach into the highest levels of the Vatican and U.S. and European Government. Many of them are supposedly prominent members of society.

You are a Catholic woman. I don't expect you to believe in anything but yourself and the material world. So, we can end this discussion.

(For future reference, out of a sign of respect for God, when referring to the God of Christians, Jews, and Muslims... capitalize the letter "g".)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies