Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 04:02 PM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times

Advertisements

These guns came all the way from the Carolinas, not or NJ, PA or CT that have relatively strict laws, seems like a logical solution would be to have stricter laws in some states.

Kind of weird that they took the bus to NY rather than drive down and were walking around with around 14 guns in a backpack.

This means that gun laws in NY City and the surrounding states are working relatively well, not so much for some of the southern states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 04:07 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
As I thought: You can't back up even your simplest statments.

Do you liars ever feel the slightest embarrassment or shame for what you're doing?
Back up what? I have to go and cut and paste a thousand previous posts just to satisfy an insulting little man\ who already knows exactly what I'm talking about? Yawn.

You're precious, but not that precious.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:08 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
These guns came all the way from the Carolinas, not or NJ, PA or CT that have relatively strict laws, seems like a logical solution would be to have stricter laws in some states.

Kind of weird that they took the bus to NY rather than drive down and were walking around with around 14 guns in a backpack.

This means that gun laws in NY City and the surrounding states are working relatively well, not so much for some of the southern states.
Yes, liberty has clearly been destroyed in NY City. Pity the poor Manhattanites.

For Little Man: That was sarcasm. And no, I won't cut and paste dozens of stupid gun slobberer post to "back up" what I'm talking about. You're just not that important.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:16 PM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Austrailian's must think we are savages with our gun culture
Quote:

Australian college baseball player shot and
killed by 'bored' Oklahoma teens

Police say three boys followed
Christopher Lane and shot him in the back because they 'didn't have anything to
do'

Australian college baseball player shot and killed by 'bored' Oklahoma teens | World news | theguardian.com

Old 08-20-2013, 05:10 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,789,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
For Little Man: That was sarcasm. And no, I won't cut and paste dozens of stupid gun slobberer post to "back up" what I'm talking about. You're just not that important.
That sound you all just hear was little jmqueen running away from the debate at high speed with his tail tucked firmly between his hind legs, calling names and flinging insults over his shoulder as he disappears into the distance; after being challenged on his constant lies about conservatives.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:54 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,616,607 times
Quote:

ROFLMAO Yeah, the laws in NY and "surrounding states" are working soooo well that those in the areas are buying them on a black-market. Wonder if they are the law-abiding citizen who meekly obeys gun control laws or the criminal who never will? Gawd, you people never add 2 plus 2, do you?

Anyway, I just love that statement seemingly suggesting that the gun laws in the Southern states (where I live) -- and favor the average citizen and the 2nd Ammendment -- are somehow to blame for the total failure of the strict gun control laws in the NE (or wherever) to have the desired affect on their own apparent market for illegal guns?

Why in the hell should we down here give up our own rights just because your own silly-assed laws cannot be enforced (for obvious reasons)?

Oh well, honestly not trying to make this too provincial, but my experience is that such is typical of much of the NE mentality. That is, insist the whole country follow your own follies; which is the ultimate definition of busybodies who never learn from their own...

BTW -- I hasten to add that I have many friends from the NE who do not in the least subscribe to the general anti-gun agenda.

On a related tangent, *laughing a bit in amusement*, I remember an old episode of "All In The Family", with Carol O' Conner and the rest of the cast. Some of y'all might remember this sit-com from the 60's and early 70's.

Anyway, it had a decided didactic liberal slant in message content. But there was this one show which illustrated not only the folly of gun-control, but how -- at least in this case -- the writers of the script were apparently clueless as to how the intended message would actually put egg on their faces if anyone looked carefully at it all...

As it went, ol' Archie took a stand against gun control and finally gained access to a local TV channel which featured his views. Of course, the whole time, it is quite apparent he is being presented as a backward thinking buffoon.

At the end of the program, he is in the local bar and a couple of thuggish type guys recognize him, and say something like "heyyyyy, man, I know you...you was on TV tonight talking about how we need our guns. I want to shake your hand, man...

At that point they pull out guns and comically rob him. Archie Bunker (Carol O'Conner) is left (as the show ends), with a shocked look on his face, obviously intended to impart the message that he was wrong the whole time.

LOL. Welllll, the problem is? At the time the episode was filmed, the 1968 Sullivan Law was in place (may still be, I don't know), so if it had worked? Then the two robbers would not have been able to get the guns to begin with! But hey, never let such reality things interfere with the anti-gun propaganda. Just like the Brady Bunch does today...

"

Old 08-20-2013, 05:55 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,829,035 times
Quote:
I am going with the "I don't care what Australia thinks" option.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:01 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,940,850 times
I somehow smell nanny Bloomberg money involved in this.. Anybody else smell rotten fish??

Old 08-20-2013, 06:04 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,940,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Yes, liberty has clearly been destroyed in NY City. Pity the poor Manhattanites.

I don't blame you... I wouldn't either if I couldn't back up what I said...

Old 08-20-2013, 06:07 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
A gun is a gun.

How is it illegal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies