Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 10:59 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times

Advertisements

I have a better idea...boycott Pink Floyd...Led Zeppelin...much better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 03:07 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
You do know what year it is, right? Boycotting them at this point is akin to not buying B/W TVs.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:49 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
Because most Jews think evangelicals are complete whack jobs.

How Americans Feel About Religious Groups | Pew Research Center
Sadly then American Jews, like liberal Democrats, are either unable to comprehend or are badly misinformed about the vast difference between religious evangelicals and conservative Republicans.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:56 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Pink Floyd's Roger Waters calls on musicians to boycott Israel - Telegraph

I've never really been a fan of Pink Floyd, but I think Waters is spot on in pointing out that Israel practices hate towards the Palestinians, and it's high time for them to be liberated from the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, the worlds largest open air concentration camps.
waters needs to coe back to reality

the so-called palestinians are OCCUPIERS

palestinian is a MADE UP TERM

there has NEVER been a country of Palestine ...there is no such thing as a ''Palestine"" nation..... Palestine is a REGION, ...those so-call Palestinians, their ancestral land is what is now called Jordan:
The Jordanian prime minister declared in August 1959: "We here in Jordan, led by our great king [Husayn] are the government of Palestine, the army of Palestine, and we are the refugees."

Prime Minister Zayd ar-Rifa'i told an interviewer in 1975:

Jordan is Palestine. They have never been ruled as two separate states except during the British Mandate. Before 1918 the two banks of the Jordan River were a single state. When they returned to being a single state after 1948, it was a matter of building on the earlier unity. Their families are one, as are their welfare, affiliation, and culture.

King al-Husayn asserted again in 1981 that "Jordan is Palestine and Palestine is Jordan."

the question is why do these Jordanians who want to call themselves Palestinians , continue to illegally occupy the land that has is israels.... Bethlehem , Hebron, and Jericho (all within the '''west bank''') are all historically part of Israel

why don't the ''Palestinian '' (ie Jordanian) settlers go back to Jordan were they came from???

=======================================

why are the Palestine occupiers being allowed to do this ??...do you understand the politics of this

Arafat himself asserted the same principle on many occasions. In his authorized biography he says, “The Palestinian people have no national identity. I, Yasir Arafat, man of destiny, will give them that identity through conflict with Israel.”.

-------------------------
“Since we cannot defeat Israel in war, we do this in stages. We take any and every territory that we can of Palestine, and establish sovereignty there, and we use it as a springboard to take more. When the time comes, we can get the Arab nations to join us for the final blow against Israel.”
– Yasser Arafat, former PLO leader and Nobel Peace Price recipient, September 13, 1993.

---------------------------------
March 31, 1977, the Dutch newspaper Trouw published an interview with Palestine Liberation Organization executive committee member Zahir Muhsein. Here’s what he said:

""The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct “Palestinian people” to oppose Zionism."""

send them back home to Jordan

Old 10-14-2015, 11:20 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,677,849 times
I've always done whatever Roger wants me to do, he is, after all, A ROCK STAR....

Old 10-15-2015, 08:45 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
I have to agree......Pink Floyd is waaaaaay to slooooow for me! Robert Plant has the right moves.....

Wonder if records sales have hit a new high after this comment.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:46 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Sadly then American Jews, like liberal Democrats, are either unable to comprehend or are badly misinformed about the vast difference between religious evangelicals and conservative Republicans.
Yes this is so true, must be why the threads started are full of confusion.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:38 AM

3,830 posts, read 4,663,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I take it you're not quite up to date on the whole speaker of the house thing.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:31 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times
Quote:
Each band is unique in their own way. There is no need to compare who's better as you can't say what's fruit is better, watermelon or strawberry. They are just different, but both of them are good.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:38 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
I think it's fair to assume Roger Waters more than just "anti-Zionist".

An Open Letter to Roger Waters

Quote:
You see, Mr. Waters, I am forced to do this because you've gone from being a musical genius to a ridiculous sideshow of anti-Israel and anti-Semitic propaganda. What makes me say this?

Perhaps it's the 2010 concert when you showed images of a B52 bomber dropping bombs in the shape of Jewish Stars of David followed by dollar signs.

Or perhaps it's the 2013 interview when you used the age-old canard that the American media was under instructions not to report criticism of Israel to the American public?

Or how about the July 2013 concert in Belgium when a pig-shaped balloon painted with a Star of David was released on stage, as you sang the lyrics, "Get him up against the wall, that one looks Jewish" – while wearing a long black leather jacket with a red-and-white arm band reminiscent of a Nazi uniform?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies