Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 12:47 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Roger Waters, the former frontman of Pink Floyd, has called on fellow rock stars to boycott Israel in an open letter that has drawn accusations of hypocrisy from officials.

The letter – first posted on the Electronic Intifada, a pro-Palestinian website – says musicians must tackle Israel over what Mr Waters calls its “crimes” of “apartheid” and “ethnic cleansing” because of an alleged unwillingness of Western government and the UN Security Council to do so.
Pink Floyd's Roger Waters calls on musicians to boycott Israel - Telegraph

I've never really been a fan of Pink Floyd, but I think Waters is spot on in pointing out that Israel practices hate towards the Palestinians, and it's high time for them to be liberated from the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, the worlds largest open air concentration camps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 12:49 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post

I've never really been a fan of Pink Floyd, but I think Waters is spot on in pointing out that Israel practices hate towards the Palestinians, and it's high time for them to be liberated from the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, the worlds largest open air concentration camps.
Waters has long been pro-Arab, going back to when he rode the 'hippie trail' in his student days and spent time in pre-Baathist Baghdad. "The Wall" was adapted as an anthem by some Palestinians.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:08 AM

863 posts, read 1,196,857 times
Quote:

I agree. But unfortunately, by this time tomorrow, the thread will be choked with people calling Waters a "Nazi"

Old 08-21-2013, 01:25 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
I'll make sure to listen to "Another Brick In The Wall" someday when I go to the Western Wall I jest... I'm not even Jewish.

IMHO, the politicians on both sides basically suck and ultimately pull on the same heartstrings of fear, nationalist, isolationism and religion as the other, and this doesn't help the people of either nation.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:18 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:

The Floyd had gone downhill after Sid Barret went crazy.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:47 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Nah, The Wall is an amazing show.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:12 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
Then he should start by giving back all the money he made from Israeli sales.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:27 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
.....out that Israel practices hate towards the Palestinians, and it's high time for them to be liberated from the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, the worlds largest open air concentration camps.
Its been awhile since we've had a Israel hate thread. So go ahead and follow through with your statements with current information related to the Palestinians. But while you're thinking about what to type please also explain to us why Egypt has closed it gates to Gaza and Jordan allows extremely limited access to their country. Then you can explain to us why nearly every Arab country has cut off funding to them. Then you can explain to us why Jews who owned land in the Judea/Samaria (West Bank) previous to 1948 should not be allowed to settle back onto their lands. And when you get to camps, show us how in anyway they look like the concentration camps the Jews were kept in Germany. Then you can further explain to us, after all the Jews were removed from Gaza (including Sephardic Jews who lived there for 100s of years) in 2005 instead of starting to build an economy of their own with the Billions of dollars of investors waiting decided to fire off rockets at a farming town within TWO HOURS and have continued bombarding the same town until today. Please enlighten us.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:36 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,522,106 times
Quote:
Syd Barret going crazy is what inspired all their great music from the 70's. They became great BECAUSE of his mental illness.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:37 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Quote:
One of the dumber posts I've seen in awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies