Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 09:34 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Ahhh, ALWAYS back to the fake Budgets passed by the House, sorry not gonna fly. Yes, the Senate is at fault for not at least reviewing some of them and then rejecting them, but that does not change the fact that the House knew they would never pass to begin with. I blame them ALL, YOU do not, that is the difference in our POV.
The Senate can pass their own budgets and send them to the House. Why didnt they?

And why did NOT ONE Democrat vote for Obamas own budget proposal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 09:36 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No they arent, do you even comprehend the difference between Congress in charge of the purse, vs The House?

YOUR OWN LINK says Congress is responsible, while you continue to blame the House.. What grade are you in?
Reverting to personall attacks now, I will take that as you have nothing further to say on the topic.

Get used to me ending discussions when the posts get personal, I will not waste a second of my time babysitting those that cannot control themselves.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:37 AM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times
I seldom post but am an avid reader of the forums. The problem I have with the Obama lovers is that they never give examples when asked to, to defend their position. The few that have provided links have been from articles written from 3-4 years ago that really don't pertain to the situations today as so much has changed - or articles from extremely liberal media outlets.

I have been a Democrat for the last 38 years - but not for long as I'm changing. From my perspective - the democrats have done nothing but bring shame to this nation for the past 30 yrs. Clinton with the "it wasn't sex" issue, first lied about it and then downplayed it. Then the Dems were so critical of Bush about his military service record - but you elect a POTUS who has never served a day. Other candidates have been written off due to their lack of experience - but then you elect a president who had even less experience than any other candidate running - and not only that but both he and his wife surrendered their law licenses - WHY?

I did not vote for Obama either time as I personally thought he was a snake and a good BSer - and everything he has done or failed to do has proven me right. He has no clue about situations in areas he's in charge of, is learning about it just now like the rest of us, creating racial tension with his comments - how can you follow this man so blindly?

Old 08-22-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
The Senate can pass their own budgets and send them to the House. Why didnt they?

And why did NOT ONE Democrat vote for Obamas own budget proposal?
Try re-reading the post you replied to, pay attention to my last comment this time around.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Reverting to personall attacks now, I will take that as you have nothing further to say on the topic.

Get used to me ending discussions when the posts get personal, I will not waste a second of my time babysitting those that cannot control themselves.
You are correct, I have nothing further to say on the topic because anyone who is old enough to be posting here should know that either branch of Congress can pass a spending bill and forward it onto the other branch. Only a complete fool would stand there and blame the House, while then quoting that the Senate can do the same exact thing.

If you view this as an attack because you quote that this is true, while then claiming otherwise, then thats an issue you need to deal with.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Try re-reading the post you replied to, pay attention to my last comment this time around.
Your story keeps changing so its very hard to pinpoint what you actually believe.

First its the House, then its Congress, but you say its still the house, even though budget proposals actually originate in the White House, and has for decades, then the economy is improving because of Obamas policies, but its burning.

How can we know what your position is if you keep changing it on every single posting?

Old 08-22-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
You are correct, I have nothing further to say on the topic because anyone who is old enough to be posting here should know that either branch of Congress can pass a spending bill and forward it onto the other branch. Only a complete fool would stand there and blame the House, while then quoting that the Senate can do the same exact thing.

If you view this as an attack because you quote that this is true, while then claiming otherwise, then thats an issue you need to deal with.
Not my fault you have selective reading skills since I blame them all, my point was they are ALL to blame including the HOUSE and pointed out that fact, you simply do not want to admit it, I got that a ways back in the thread. Yes, I agree, we have nothing further to discuss here.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:45 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I don't give a hoot what anyone things or feels for that matter. Under Bush, i did not know people personally hurt by the economy, where so many lost jobs and half their beautiful homes. Sorry i did not. Why should i lie.

For gosh sakes i know someone who graduated from law school, and cannot find full time work, why is that. They will only hire her part time, so that she does not get health benefits, and you all know that.

When college grads can't find full time work and pay their loans off, we are in trouble. I do know many full timers, who as of recent have been put down to part-time employment. Not easy, cannot make it on part time, think you can think again.

Sorry under bush, and yes i am someone who has SAVINGS, i had more of it, Ok interest is shi-. Anyone who has worked damn hard for a savings, is seeing it shrink. Stop fooling yourself please, it is not becoming, this economy is going nowhere, and getting worse. Don't want to hear no bull as the President throws enough at us.

The economy is shi- graads can't pay off their tuitions, cannot find full time work, I know Doctors, who don't want their practices anymore, want to do something else, why is that! you know why. Stop the excuses, to anyone with half an intelligence, it pisses us off.
I even heard some docs are dropping Medicare?

I'm with ya on this post, absolutely correct on all points!

Old 08-22-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Not my fault you have selective reading skills since I blame them all, my point was they are ALL to blame including the HOUSE and pointed out that fact, you simply do not want to admit it, I got that a ways back in the thread. Yes, I agree, we have nothing further to discuss here.
No, thats not at all what you said..
Quote:
I point to the HOUSE because they are the ones in charge of the purse strings
Quote:
The House is in charge of the purse strings, .
You specifically blamed the House, claiming THEY are the ones in charge of the purse strings,

WRONG WRONG WRONG..

The House is in charge of TAX INCREASES ONLY...

Either branch of Congress can pass a spending bill, and often times, like budgets, they start in the White House..

There is absolutely NOTHING stopping the Senate from passing a bill, and sending it to the House, and its done all the time. To pretend it doesnt is just ridiculous.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:52 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
You dont have 30 years of policies destroying the economy, or the economy wouldnt have cycled..

But, even if what you said was true, why then would you expect government to be able to fix, what you just said it destroyed.
You can indeed have 30 years of policy mistakes that can lead to a future economic collapse. Not all policies lead to fruition over night, some of them do take years to see if they were good or bad, and i didnt even say I believed it, i said based on the way people talk on this site.

It seems you are the one who had no idea what he was talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies