Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2013, 03:03 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,062,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
I noticed that people of low intelligence or low income voted for Obama. They can't figure out how to make enough money and are not financially sound and bought into all the Obama hype yet these are the people who think they know what is best for an entire country.
...and the people who voted for the Republicans are...rocket scientists? Many of them believe that people rode on dinosaurs 2000 years ago and want to impose a Christian version of Sharia law on the United States.

Last edited by Bhaalspawn; 08-29-2013 at 03:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 05:29 PM

904 posts, read 687,539 times
[quote=Bhaalspawn;31182030]...and the people who voted for the Republicans are...rocket scientists? Many of them believe that people rode on dinosaurs 2000 years ago and want to impose a Christian version of Sharia law on the United States.

You don't believe there were dinosaurs?

There are fossil records... even on Giants.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:50 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,116,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Eh, he could be the next Abraham LIncoln, and i bet you would of continued with the same blah blah blah. I mean I think people who elected him, and were hopeful, can express disappointment

but Aero, you hated him from day 1 and regardless what he did you found the bad in it. Your disappointment post could of been saved from day one and posted today. Actions of this president haven't impacted your opinion.

So *yawn
I gave him more of a benefit of the doubt than you probably would expect. I wasn't quick to jump on him about the economy because of the hand he was dealt. But when it became clear that he was more about finger-pointing and less about solutions, I didn't have a choice to but to write him off as an unfortunate mistake. And that was when he actually had some semblance of a super-majority to help him out.

Since 2010, this President has made it abundantly clear what kind of leader he's not. Instead of leading from the back of the pack and blaming Republicans, he should have been a fixture in the halls of Congress, making personal appeals to the GOP instead of hiding in the West Wing and making "rare" phone calls. You know you're dealing with a timid, irrelevant puppet when all he can do is muster the energy to pick up the telephone instead of making face to face visits to make his case. Any astute professional (Barack is not one of them, obviously) knows that its MUCH harder to say no to someone when they're sitting right there in front of you. Lyndon Johnson had this down pat. Barack Obama, being a petulant narcissist, couldn't even force himself to do what he needed to do to get things done after the 2010 midterms.

I gave Obama plenty of wiggle room. Unfortunately for him, that wiggle room dried up when it became evident that he really has nothing to offer this country.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:03 PM

11,769 posts, read 5,783,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
this is not a fact. NOT Every company is doing this (in fact we just hired on 20 new Full time employees).

Strike 1

this is not a fact. Even Forever 21 reduced work hours, and never cited the ACA. It was well known that the company was already going through a re-org.

Strike 2

this is not a fact. the jobs in my industry still remain as full time and many make a living just fine from it. None of them have been turned into temp positions.

strike 3

oops YOU'RE OUT!

Not a "fact" in any of your post
Sorry but just because the business your in is doing well doesn't mean the rest are. Hospitals in our area have cut the nurses down to 30 or less hours a week - so they won't qualify for healthcare, UPS is no longer going to allow spouses on insurance policies if the spouse has a job with health care - many other business have already said that they will cut down on employee hours so they don't have to offr health care. Your job is 1 in 1 thousand.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:13 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post
I agree. As a historian, I have to say there is no other president in our history that even comes close to the appalling incompetence and disrespect this man has brought to the prestegious office of president of the United States.
Let's see here, it's about now that every Obamabot on CD is going to start making excuses for him. 4 3 2 1..........

Old 08-30-2013, 06:20 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You have no idea what objective historians will say because your own analysis of his presidency is not objective.
And there it is, right on schedule, at post # 5.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:03 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,827,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster
Let's see here, it's about now that every Obamabot on CD is going to start making excuses for him. 4 3 2 1..........
Indeed.....Its sad they cant see what he is doing to us!!

Old 08-30-2013, 10:19 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,421,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Sorry but just because the business your in is doing well doesn't mean the rest are. Hospitals in our area have cut the nurses down to 30 or less hours a week - so they won't qualify for healthcare, UPS is no longer going to allow spouses on insurance policies if the spouse has a job with health care - many other business have already said that they will cut down on employee hours so they don't have to offr health care. Your job is 1 in 1 thousand.
Same here, hospitals not only cut nurses they cut ancillary services hours. We used to think that if you were sick being in the hospital was the best place, not anymore.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:18 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,115,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I gave him more of a benefit of the doubt than you probably would expect. I wasn't quick to jump on him about the economy because of the hand he was dealt. But when it became clear that he was more about finger-pointing and less about solutions, I didn't have a choice to but to write him off as an unfortunate mistake. And that was when he actually had some semblance of a super-majority to help him out.

Since 2010, this President has made it abundantly clear what kind of leader he's not. Instead of leading from the back of the pack and blaming Republicans, he should have been a fixture in the halls of Congress, making personal appeals to the GOP instead of hiding in the West Wing and making "rare" phone calls. You know you're dealing with a timid, irrelevant puppet when all he can do is muster the energy to pick up the telephone instead of making face to face visits to make his case. Any astute professional (Barack is not one of them, obviously) knows that its MUCH harder to say no to someone when they're sitting right there in front of you. Lyndon Johnson had this down pat. Barack Obama, being a petulant narcissist, couldn't even force himself to do what he needed to do to get things done after the 2010 midterms.

I gave Obama plenty of wiggle room. Unfortunately for him, that wiggle room dried up when it became evident that he really has nothing to offer this country.
Thanks for the laugh. You really think you are fooling anyone that you had an open mind or gave any "wiggling". Again. Thanks.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:58 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,933,716 times
What I am more ashamed of is that our american electorate was ignorant enough to elect him in the first place.... That is a true embarassment....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies