Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Obama hate the nation he's in charge of?
Yes 84 48.00%
No 91 52.00%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 05:07 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
That should be DOES not." You haven't made a cogent point. Why a I not surprised?

By the way, haven't seen a movie in years and in the 80s was in my late 30s/early 40s. Were you even born by then?
Food for thought--if you're reduced to pointing out typos and spelling errors as a way of attacking ideas, it's pretty clear that you don't have an intelligent rebuttal beyond name calling. It's about as petty as it gets.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:08 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
This video speaks for itself.

Barack Hussein Obama refuses to salute US flag - YouTube

Old 08-23-2013, 05:11 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I don't say this lightly--I honestly think I'm dumber for reading this thread.

Impossible.......Libs cant get any dumber. Isnt that what they call "superior intellect"?

YC.......

Old 08-23-2013, 05:13 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Food for thought--if you're reduced to pointing out typos and spelling errors as a way of attacking ideas, it's pretty clear that you don't have an intelligent rebuttal beyond name calling. It's about as petty as it gets.
Especially when I got fumbly-fingered; since corrected. I've given my rebuttals. He/she/it just doesn't comprehend. Ideologue isn't a name, it's a condition. Seems like you may be in the same boat of sycophants - also a condition. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Especially when I got fumbly-fingered; since corrected. I've given my rebuttals. He/she/it just doesn't comprehend. Ideologue isn't a name, it's a condition. Seems like you may be in the same boat of sycophants - also a condition. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You're wrong.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:30 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
haha, civilians are not required to 'salute' the US Flag. All that is required is for a person to stand at attention, while the National Anthem is sung, and to face the flag if one is displayed (so if that is the FLAG behind all of them, then ALL of those people on stage were in the "wrong"); its not required to place your hand over your heart either. it is suggested that you do.

Those in UNIFORM (military, police, etc) should give the Military Salute.

And its its disingenuous of the title of the video saying that "Obama" refuses to Salute the flag, since it isn't common practice for an ordinary citizen to do so.

So another faux outrage from the rwnj

Old 08-23-2013, 05:36 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
haha, civilians are not required to 'salute' the US Flag. All that is required is for a person to stand at attention, while the National Anthem is sung, and to face the flag if one is displayed (so if that is the FLAG behind all of them, then ALL of those people on stage were in the "wrong"); its not required to place your hand over your heart either. it is suggested that you do.

Those in UNIFORM (military, police, etc) should give the Military Salute.

And its its disingenuous of the title of the video saying that "Obama" refuses to Salute the flag, since it isn't common practice for an ordinary citizen to do so.

So another faux outrage from the rwnj
::::SIGH:::: There you go again! He's not an ordinary citizen. He's the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces. I swear, if he issued a fatwa declaring jihad on America, you and those of your ilk would swoon is ecstasy and vow to follow him anywhere. Scratch that last. You've clearly already done so.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:38 PM

18 posts, read 19,300 times
He isn't doing anything but cupping his sack though....no respect at all. Civilians should place their hand on their heart.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
Impossible.......Libs cant get any dumber. Isnt that what they call "superior intellect"?

YC.......
What I find...remarkable...is that the mainstream "conservative" view isn't that you disagree with Obama's policies (which is good and fine, but remember that he won reelection a year ago on those policies, so more people support them than not). Instead, you believe that he's an evil mastermind who hates America, and won the presidency not once, but twice, just so he can purposefully destroy it from within. It's like Dr. Evil from an Austin Powers movie--all he needs to do is stick his pinkie in his mouth and laugh maniacally. If he had a mini me and a white jacket, he'd be set.

What I find equally remarkable, is that anyone who points out that it might not be the most rational point of view, is (I quote) a "dumb lib."

Old 08-23-2013, 06:01 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
::::SIGH:::: There you go again! He's not an ordinary citizen. He's the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces. I swear, if he issued a fatwa declaring jihad on America, you and those of your ilk would swoon is ecstasy and vow to follow him anywhere. Scratch that last. You've clearly already done so.
I didn't know as a candidate for President that you automatically become Commander in Chief. How do they work that out between the various candidates. Do they share the Commandership?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies