Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 12:14 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
So, in order to get rid of the double standard they created a double standard... gotcha.
If you prefer to look at it that way, so be it. Or you could look at it as a negative x negative = positive. If anything, knowledge of the contributions of blacks is a good thing.

[it is better than ignorance]

Old 08-23-2013, 12:16 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
First I should mention that I think all history months based around a group of people is stupid. Why can't history just be taught as history? Why do people (mainly liberals) feel the need to put labels on people and put them in boxes?

I think there's a double standard in our society. It's not racist for black history month to exist, but people would freak out if somebody tried to make a white history month, it's not racist for black people to be proud of being black, but it's considered racist if a white person is proud to be white?

Why is this?
Because white people weren't slaves who fought for freedom and then activists who fought for their rights. That's why.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:18 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Duplicate thread, there isnt a double standard, you are simply race baiting, or you did not even try to research your argument before you did it.

If anyone cares to look up the others and name the specific months im about to list, that would be appreciated.

Irish Heritage month
German Heritage month
Italian Heritage month
Hispanic Heritage month
Japanese Heritage month
Native American History Month
I never once heard of any of those months besides Black and Hispanic history months. It's really unfair too because there are not enough months for everybody. There are far more than just 12 groups of people... What is your solution? A bigger calendar?

And no I'm not a racist nor am I race baiting, that's such a stupid thing to say. This is not a duplicate thread either, I didn't see anything like this on CD. Why are you not answering the question? Why are you throwing out stupid and false accusations?

Old 08-23-2013, 12:19 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,317 posts, read 8,656,908 times
The contribution of Blacks to American History truley has been overlooked. Look up Bass Reaves, had he been white, he would be as famous as Jesse James or Wyatt Earp.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:23 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Because white people weren't slaves who fought for freedom and then activists who fought for their rights. That's why.
White people weren't slaves? So what about all the white slaves in Roman times? Owned by the Roman elite. Maybe I should go and ask for an official apology from every Italian person?

BTW most white people didn't even own slaves, including the south. The vast majority of whites were dirt poor. Why is there no history month to show the struggles of the poor white farmers? Would that be racist?

Old 08-23-2013, 12:24 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Since blacks have been suppressed for x amount of years, they get to be racists for X x 10 years. So basically in the year 2335, blacks will be coddled for something that happened 300+ years ago. It will never end. They will still have their AA rights and all other forms of reparations 1,000 years after they were freed from slavery. It's only fair right?

Old 08-23-2013, 12:26 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
First I should mention that I think all history months based around a group of people is stupid. Why can't history just be taught as history? Why do people (mainly liberals) feel the need to put labels on people and put them in boxes?

I think there's a double standard in our society. It's not racist for black history month to exist, but people would freak out if somebody tried to make a white history month, it's not racist for black people to be proud of being black, but it's considered racist if a white person is proud to be white?

Why is this?
Why do you people always fill these forums with these pointless questions? Are you that ignorant of history?

Old 08-23-2013, 12:27 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
White people weren't slaves? So what about all the white slaves in Roman times? Owned by the Roman elite. Maybe I should go and ask for an official apology from every Italian person?

BTW most white people didn't even own slaves, including the south. The vast majority of whites were dirt poor. Why is there no history month to show the struggles of the poor white farmers? Would that be racist?
Whites weren't slaves in this country.

Also every month is white history month. Pick a month and you will find a white person being celebrated.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:28 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
White people used Indentured Servants, then a freed BLACK indentured Servant sued the US gov. to let him KEEP his BLACK Indentured Servant and created modern day slavery. Blame the blacks for this.

Anthony Johnson

Old 08-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
I never once heard of any of those months besides Black and Hispanic history months. It's really unfair too because there are not enough months for everybody. There are far more than just 12 groups of people... What is your solution? A bigger calendar?

And no I'm not a racist nor am I race baiting, that's such a stupid thing to say. This is not a duplicate thread either, I didn't see anything like this on CD. Why are you not answering the question? Why are you throwing out stupid and false accusations?
Yes, it is a duplicate thread, just not one that is on the first page of the site.

I did answer your question, there is not double standards, there are history/heritage months for just about every ethnicity in this country, liberals arent labeling anyone, that is your opinion. You not knowing about them is not the same as them not existing. And my accusations are not stupid or false, You consciously choose not to attempt to research the topic you posted on.

The entire basis of your argument was built on something that was untrue.

And to answer your question in this post, I have no problem with Heritage/history months so the size of the calender does not matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies