Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2013, 02:34 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,244,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
I don't see anything that says two men or two women have the right to marry. That term doesn't even apply to them.

And LOL at using Wikipedia.
Marriage is a right.
Since marriage is a right, the government can not discriminate based on the gender of the people getting married.
A man should have the same rights as a woman, and a woman should have the same rights a man.
THAT is the equal protection clause.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:38 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,699,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Your religious beliefs do not excuse you from having to follow the laws that everyone else has to follow.

As to support for my cause, growing by the month.
That's not a law, thats political bullying. Religious rights are fundamental, what this law entails is basically the equivalent of the Government forcing someone to go to work on the Sabbath if it violates their beliefs, soon they'll be forcing churches to marry gays against their beliefs.

And I hate to bust your fantasy land, but the vast majority of people by and large don't support gay marriage. Sure you have "won" a few extremely liberal loony states, but even in most of those the law was passed via bills pushed by judges and not a public vote. Even in extremely liberal California it wasn't passed via a public vote because most people there were against it, it passed through the courts that overturned it despite what the people wanted. The gay community blamed the black community for it failing to pass the first time.

It will never become legalized in most parts of the country. The thing is most of us have no problem with gay people wanting the same benefits, we have no problem with you wanting to be gay and live in peace, we just don't like you trying to call marriage something that it isn't, and pushing your lifestyle onto everyone else. If it was truly about tolerance you would understand this.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Marriage is a right.
Since marriage is a right, the government can not discriminate based on the gender of the people getting married.
A man should have the same rights as a woman, and a woman should have the same rights a man.
THAT is the equal protection clause.
Again it isn't. A man cannot marry his sister or multiple women, it's not a right. Only men and women have the right to marry, gays don't because the term marriage doesn't apply to them. If you find another name to refer to your relationship then use that,you would have to change the definition of marriage otherwise. Which is not only dangerous (for obvious reasons above) but it would never make sense. I can call my dog a cat all I want to, but it will never be a cat.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:46 PM

904 posts, read 688,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Should a Gay Black man be able to turn down a job working the wedding of a Bunch of Hillbilly White Racist ?

This is not about being Gay but being able to selectively run our business they way we see fit.
Yes.

Freedom of assembly!

Right to refuse service... for any reason.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:47 PM

904 posts, read 688,874 times
Quote:
Again it isn't. A man cannot marry his sister or multiple women, it's not a right. Only men and women have the right to marry, gays don't because the term marriage doesn't apply to them. If you find another name to refer to your relationship then use that,you would have to change the definition of marriage otherwise. Which is not only dangerous (for obvious reasons above) but it would never make sense. I can call my dog a cat all I want to, but it will never be a cat.
Yes a man can marry multiple women in Utah. There is even a show about it.

Sister wives.

The dude is about to marry #4.... I think he should be locked up. For his own safety... and mental health

1 Woman is enough....

Old 08-28-2013, 02:51 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,244,027 times
Quote:
Currently the term marriage applies to same sex couples in the federal government, 13 states, and several countries. Definitions change.
Try to keep up.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Every restriction on marriage has to further a state interest. ( I know, that pesky law thing again)
No one in any court so far has been able to show the compelling state interest to deny same sex couples equal marriage rights.

Incest has an increased probability of genetic deformities.
Polygamy, as long as it is between consenting adults, I couldn't care less. Polygamy however does not fit the current legal framework of marriage.

Each restriction will stand or fall based on it's own merits.
The gay lifestyle carries with it just as much dangerous risks as do those other lifestyles you mentioned.

Gay men are the highest risk and have the highest turn out of STDs, including HIV. They are also far more promiscuous and tend to have more sexual partners than straight people. For example the average straight man will have between 2-5 sexual partners in his life time. The average gay man has 15-30, this is because they don't have to worry about pregnancy and often have sex anonymously in places like bath houses. They also cannot reproduce and cannot give a child a true loving environment because a child needs both a mom and dad, psychologicaly has proven this. They also cannot donate blood and are far more likely to have mental health issues. Many gays have also been the victims of sexual abuse at earlier ages (no I don't believe gay people molest children, thats not true) but it's true that many of them were abused at an early age and it caused them to become gay later.

So by what basis do you conclude that gay marriage won't have consequences or lead eventually to the acceptance and legal marriages of other such destructive lifestyles?

CDC ? Gay, Bisexual and other MSM ? Gender ? Risk ? HIV/AIDS

Statistics on sexual promiscuity among homosexuals | homosexual partner statistics | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

Higher Risk of Mental Health Problems for Homosexuals | Psych Central

Why Children Need a Male and Female Parent | Cornerstone Family Council

Childhood Sexual Abuse Experienced by Gay and Bisexual Men: Understanding the Disparities and Interventions to Help Eliminate Them : Unequal OpportunityHealth Disparities Affecting Gay and Bisexual Men in the United States

Old 08-28-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
Yes a man can marry multiple women in Utah. There is even a show about it.

Sister wives.

The dude is about to marry #4.... I think he should be locked up. For his own safety... and mental health

1 Woman is enough....
I have seen that show, he is not really married, not by the state. He is married only in their religious group, it is invalid under state law as Utah does not allow polygamy marriage.

I'm not married yet but yeah women can be crazy sometimes lol. Gay men have it easy.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:18 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,785,595 times
Quote:
The only discrimination here are from the gays. They are discriminating against religious people, forcing them to take photos of something that violates their personal and deeply held beliefs is the very definition of bullying and discrimination. You're just another religious phobes, you should try and become more open minded towards religious rights.

If Nazi's asked a Jewish owned photography business to photographir their Nazi themed wedding and the business refused would that businesses be discriminating too? In your logic yes, and this is the same kind of bullying you are supporting. However because I know better, I side with the owners because I stand up for their rights, rights that you want to trample on for the sake of pushing you're little gay "progressive" agenda.

If I ran a photography business and you walked in and demanded that I take pictures of a gay wedding I would refuse. Sue me, close my business down, beat me up, call me names, even throw me in prison... I will not violate my beliefs, I will stand up for my God given rights. I will never give into Religious phobia or gay bullies. If they don't like it then too bad, they can shove it, something that gays already are used to doing.
Did it really take 40 pages to achieve Godwin's law?

Old 08-28-2013, 03:21 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,785,595 times
Quote:
Th They also cannot reproduce and cannot give a child a true loving environment because a child needs both a mom and dad, psychologicaly has proven this.
Why Children Need a Male and Female Parent | Cornerstone Family Council
Is "psychologicaly" another name for the homophobic bs that comes out of of the Family Research Council?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies