Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 01:45 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
It is the tolerance that is provided to one of the most intolerant groups in America, Social Conservatives. I have no interest in doing anything to them, I just hope their voice gets smaller and smaller in this country so that we might actually start to extinguish much of the intolerance we have in this country.
Well spoken.

We should remember that social conservativism is in no way aligned with actual political conservativism. The GOP abandoned truly conservative principles decades ago. They are as incompetent and irresponsible with money and resources, and as intrusive and invasive into the lives and privacy of citizens as Democrats.

Social conservativism/"moral watchdog-ism" is the absolute antithesis of actual conservativism.

The only appropriate response to intolerance is to be intolerant of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 01:47 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
We go by electoral votes, not popular vote when picking a president.
oh, I am fully aware of our idiotic system. look at history. it's pretty rare that a president wins without winning the popular vote. gore did it, but I can't think of the last one to do it before him. that 5% could shift swing states.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:47 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
first of all, romney lost by less than 5%, so you might want to redo your math. second of all, I could care less about those two issues. and thirdly, who is this mythical "wall street banker?" do you wear a clown mask and occupy? you sound like you do. so you want to invade people's private 401k pension funds to steal money for bratty kids that take classes they can't afford? good luck with that.
And Romney was lucky. Demographics are not in the GOP's favor. If the Dems don't blunder in 2016 and they pick Hillary, it's gonna be a Democratic POTUS for 16 years in a row.

You should care, because you're handing the Dems victory after victory with your political ineptitude.

Easy. It's Jamie Dimon, Lloyd Blankfein, etc. The heads of AIG, JP Morgan, Citigroup, et. al. Who said anything about private 401ks? What is it with you Libertarian/tea party people and thinking taxing Wall St. automatically means taxing the middle class? You never heard of credit default swaps or collateralized debt obligations? You know, toxic derivatives? No, of course not. You think all the money on Wall St. is Joe Sixpack casually trading a couple hundred or thousand dollars on Wall St.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:48 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
tell us more about your "friend." what planet is she from? does she have any super powers besides fighting discrimination, and "whistle blowing" on backwards rednecks?
When did I say she ever fought discrimination? She isn't racist, but I don't know if she ever did anything about the sign.

What do you want to know?
She's American
She's white.
She has big ****.
She can dance.
She won't get on the back of motorcycles.
Her favorite drink is a red headed ****.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:51 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
oh, I am fully aware of our idiotic system. look at history. it's pretty rare that a president wins without winning the popular vote. gore did it, but I can't think of the last one to do it before him. that 5% could shift swing states.
The percentage of popular vote doesn't matter because there are more states with a higher population that go blue than go red. Those states aren't 100%, but they vote 100% blue with the electoral college, so being 5% behind in the popular vote doesn't matter if one can't produce electoral votes.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
And Romney was lucky. Demographics are not in the GOP's favor. If the Dems don't blunder in 2016 and they pick Hillary, it's gonna be a Democratic POTUS for 16 years in a row.

You should care, because you're handing the Dems victory after victory with your political ineptitude.

Easy. It's Jamie Dimon, Lloyd Blankfein, etc. The heads of AIG, JP Morgan, Citigroup, et. al. Who said anything about private 401ks? What is it with you Libertarian/tea party people and thinking taxing Wall St. automatically means taxing the middle class? You never heard of credit default swaps or collateralized debt obligations? You know, toxic derivatives? No, of course not. You think all the money on Wall St. is Joe Sixpack casually trading a couple hundred or thousand dollars on Wall St.
hillary clinton will be over 100 years old when she runs. she has severe brain damage, and last time I checked, was nearly blind. I wouldn't worry too much about "back to the future." what's with all the "you" and "you're" nonsense? I am an independent, and did not vote for bush, mccain, or romney. and now you've lumped me into the tea party. what a cute little kind of person you are. everything is a tax on the middle class. debt doesn't trickle up, and it doesn't trickle down. it puddles right in the middle.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
The percentage of popular vote doesn't matter because there are more states with a higher population that go blue than go red. Those states aren't 100%, but they vote 100% blue with the electoral college, so being 5% behind in the popular vote doesn't matter if one can't produce electoral votes.
ohio, florida, and virginia are a lot of votes.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:00 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
hillary clinton will be over 100 years old when she runs. she has severe brain damage, and last time I checked, was nearly blind. I wouldn't worry too much about "back to the future." what's with all the "you" and "you're" nonsense? I am an independent, and did not vote for bush, mccain, or romney. and now you've lumped me into the tea party. what a cute little kind of person you are. everything is a tax on the middle class. debt doesn't trickle up, and it doesn't trickle down. it puddles right in the middle.
She will be the same age Ronald Reagan was when he ran for his first term as president.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:01 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
...over 100 years old when she runs. she has severe brain damage, and last time I checked, was nearly blind....
Kinda reminds me of Reagan.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Kinda reminds me of Reagan.
reagan was senile, not brain damaged and blind. nice attempt at wit though. never heard that "comeback."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies