Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2013, 03:55 PM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Good all around post with some reasonable postulation. Some corrections.

The Syrian government of Assad are Alawites, a different sect from Sunni or Shiite. The Alawites are in league with the Shiite minority of Syria. But yes, Iran has needed Syria as a conduit and clear supply chain for Hezbollah in Lebanon. Saudi Arabia is funding a portion of the rebels who are mainly Sunni but......and a big but........the Saudi's hate the Muslim Brotherhood.

IMO: it is more likely that one of the rebel factions did the chemical weapons attack. Assad's army with the help of Hezbollah were definitively winning the fight against the rebels. They had no need to use those types of weapons to achieve victory. the rebels, on the other hand were on the ropes and were not getting the Western support they had been promised. they knew about Obama's rash statement of the "Red Line In The Sand". "The Red Line" was the only card the rebels had left to play. This was all about forcing Obama's hand and turning the tide of the conflict in favor of the rebels.

Assad had no reasonable cause to take an action that would result in outside interference against him.

He's smarter than that.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:55 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,459,601 times
Quote:
You throw opinion pieces at me, I'll throw opinion pieces at you.
Ho Hum, the only reason you need to paint Libya as a failed state is to heap discredit on President Obama and the current admministration. You could give a tinker's damn about libya. All you want is to get that.....uh.......person out of the white house and restore the 4th Reich..
Dude....admit you were wrong. I posted NO opinion pieces at all.

The only thing you posted was some internet user's opinions from Ask.com of all places for goodness sakes!

My links were to hard news sites.

Then this garbage about State Dept relatives telling you stuff.....that's ILLEGAL.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-31-2013, 03:56 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
All you posted was internet users opinions from Ask.com!!!!
PMSL!!!! Using Ask.com as a source. Now that's funny.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:56 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Aw, shucks you were so close. Nice insightful about Syria all the way up until the last sentence, and then you had to go and ruin it by descending into trite liberal hackery.
Well....you're right. Sometimes I just can't help myself in getting in a partisan dig, especially after being attacked by a bunch of rabid, right wing, pit bulls throughout the thread and all the way down the internet block. My pants are all shredded, they peed on my shoes and beat up my golden lab

Old 08-31-2013, 03:57 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Well, to be fair, they have been doing all the heavy lifting in this conflict up until now. We take out the big stuff, the Free Syrian Army with Saudi help will do the rest. I'm sure of it.
Maybe you want to check with your sources at the State Department.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
PMSL!!!! Using Ask.com as a source. Now that's funny.
Why? Is it different than Google? I thought "Google is your friend?"

Old 08-31-2013, 03:59 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Where did the Syrians, regardless whether the regime or the opposition, get those lethal gases from in the first place? I doubt they made them themselves...

I don't think such an intervention will change anything. It will be yet another mess. And frankly, we don't even know which side used them. Oppositions are not exactly angels, either, as we know from the Arab Spring elsewhere. It would be dangerous to get involved and take sides down there based on wrong information, again.
Serin can be traced to it's source. In the case of Halabja the Army War College determined that it was a strain of Serin was issued to the Shah of Irans Army, not Iraq. Syria has been a Russian ally for fifty years, if they used it, I would think it would trace back to the Soviet Union.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Well, to be fair, they have been doing all the heavy lifting in this conflict up until now. We take out the big stuff, the Free Syrian Army with Saudi help will do the rest. I'm sure of it.

Let them continue.....on their own using the Saudi Army.

Ha!

Old 08-31-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
Dude....admit you were wrong. I posted NO opinion pieces at all.

The only thing you posted was some internet user's opinions from Ask.com of all places for goodness sakes!

My links were to hard news sites.

Then this garbage about State Dept relatives telling you stuff.....that's ILLEGAL.

Posted with TapaTalk

What's illegal about it. I've been told no classified information at any time. Just common stuff known in Washington by every service worker above the grade of GS7.

Old 08-31-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The prisoners escaping from jail is no opinion.
That's fact. Over 1000 prisoners were broken out of jails all over the ME over the summer.

Since Ghadaffi got a bayonet up his butt AQ had taken over Libya. Libya is now AQ headquarters.
The Libyan official in charge of the border is AQ and the US killed his brother in Pakistan. I'm sure he's protecting US interests in traffic between Libya and Turkey.

"Mission accomplished"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies