Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2013, 10:50 AM

945 posts, read 968,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
One can only assume that people accept the proposition that racism was a major problem in this country at one time. However, today, people believe that racism is no longer a valid problem, a least that is what they argue. My question is in what year or decade did racism cease to be a valid problem, why did it cease to be a valid problem and what is the proof that it was no longer a valid problem? What changed hearts and minds?
Anti-white racism is the most rampant form of racism now.

Failing to fall into one of the protected species (gay/tranny/women) makes it even worse on top of that makes it even worse.

All the idiots should just say how they really feel, you people who back these ridiculous notions are honestly full-blown anti-white racists.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:56 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Anti-white racism is the most rampant form of racism now.

Failing to fall into one of the protected species (gay/tranny/women) makes it even worse on top of that makes it even worse.

All the idiots should just say how they really feel, you people who back these ridiculous notions are honestly full-blown anti-white racists.
Yes...and one can see the toll that it is taking on white America by looking at your vital statistics. If it was not for anti-white racism, you guys would be on top of the world.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:56 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Okay, whatever. I think that conservatives are basically correct about not making racism and perceived racial injustice in America into a bigger issue than it is in reality.

Most liberals are simply wrong on this.
The problem is that for Conservatives "not making a big deal" means doing absolutely nothing to address it, which leads to your party implicitly accepting & validating that racist mindset within your ranks. Your party doesn't even try to make token gestures anymore. At this point, you're outright hostile to minorities that you actually feel comfortable making SWEEPING generalizations about Blacks & Hispanics as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Racism or perceived racism will never go away as long as those with a vested interest to keep it alive keep yapping about it. Many truths that are told are deemed racist to repeat. Speaking the truth is not racism.
And what are some of these truths? That most Blacks vote Democrat b/c they want free stuff from the gov't?

And how do you expect racism to die when there's fertile land for it grow in the GOP? What have Republicans done to combat racism in general? Like you said -- you don't talk about it, so do you deal w/ it when it comes up?

Old 08-29-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Racism or perceived racism will never go away as long as those with a vested interest to keep it alive keep yapping about it. Many truths that are told are deemed racist to repeat. Speaking the truth is not racism.
What you call TRUTHS is making OBSERVATIONS....without EXPLANATIONS. One has to understand that in America, people believe that the BEST rise to the top because we live in a "free society" that allows such. Thus, the socioeconomic position of blacks, relative to whites, is OBSERVABLY inferior. That is the "TRUTH" that they speak of. Hence, the default assumption from the observation is that whites are SUPERIOR (because the best rise to the top) and or its corollary of black inferiority. That is why people want to focus on the observation and why they seek to REJECT the EXPLANATION as "excuses". They do not provide their own explanation....because..1...the observation implies inferiority and hence they do not have to say it....2....because if they explain it it will show their racism.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:32 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
What you call TRUTHS is making OBSERVATIONS....without EXPLANATIONS. One has to understand that in America, people believe that the BEST rise to the top because we live in a "free society" that allows such. Thus, the socioeconomic position of blacks, relative to whites, is OBSERVABLY inferior. That is the "TRUTH" that they speak of. Hence, the default assumption from the observation is that whites are SUPERIOR (because the best rise to the top) and or its corollary of black inferiority. That is why people want to focus on the observation and why they seek to REJECT the EXPLANATION as "excuses". They do not provide their own explanation....because..1...the observation implies inferiority and hence they do not have to say it....2....because if they explain it it will show their racism.
I am talking about truth/facts backed up by viable statistics not just opinions. I am white and I do not feel superior to blacks or anyone else. I hope someday that my fellow black Americans become as successful as anyone else in this country. The sooner the better. They will have to change their way of thinking though and stop listening to those who have a vested interest in keeping them down.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:35 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The problem is that for Conservatives "not making a big deal" means doing absolutely nothing to address it, which leads to your party implicitly accepting & validating that racist mindset within your ranks. Your party doesn't even try to make token gestures anymore. At this point, you're outright hostile to minorities that you actually feel comfortable making SWEEPING generalizations about Blacks & Hispanics as a whole.

And what are some of these truths? That most Blacks vote Democrat b/c they want free stuff from the gov't?

And how do you expect racism to die when there's fertile land for it grow in the GOP? What have Republicans done to combat racism in general? Like you said -- you don't talk about it, so do you deal w/ it when it comes up?
There is no fertile ground in the GOP for racism to grow. That is just propaganda spread by the left. What has the left done to combat racism accept to keep it alive on a daily basis? They want blacks to live in the past as if the Civil Rights Era never occurred. I am not saying racism still doesn't exist in this country but it is nothing like it used to be and in fact it isn't only whites that are racists today.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:38 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Those are not mutually exclusive cognitions. People do not want to see themselves as racist and they also do not want others to see them as racist. To be a "racist" is "stain" on ones moral character, like being a molester or pervert. So obviously the average person is not going to want to see themselves in a negative light and do not want others to see them that way either.
In order to make the decision to speak in code, you need to know that what you mean to say sounds racist. In that case, you must be aware of it.

Quote:
If one fundamentally believes that people are essentially poor in America due to PERSONAL FLAWS, such as being personally irresponsible, bad choice makers, lazy and the like.....then how does one account or explain that black poverty is 3 times that of whites, given the propensity of whites to dismiss that racism is or has been the cause of the gap? Again, deductively and inductively, an examination of the basic CONSERVATIVE argument reveals an implicit conclusion of black inferiority..
It does not. There are many things that could contribute to personal irresponsibility - parenting, poor education, being provided everything etc. Your conclusion that it has to be about race is narrow thinking. Blacks may be over-represented, but that doesn't mean the only conclusion available is about race. Blacks may be subjected to the influences the promote laziness and poor choices at a higher rate without it being about an inherent difference. There can be a particular subset of any population that has a particular set of habits or practices, that does not suggest that there has to be a genralized inferiority among the race.

Quote:
I think that is "Check Mate" dude.....because you cannot deny that whites dismiss the role that racism has played in causing blacks problems in America to be worse than white problems in America. When you eliminate the external influences, one is therefore saying that IT IS INTERNAL. That simple deduction does not require the IQ of a rocket scientist.
I do think there is a difference in how people view the role of racism. The bulk of the difference lies in the relative influence of racism in recent years. I don't think anyone disputes it historically.

The flaw in your logic is that you seem to be considering only racism as a possible external influence. People on here have discussed music, disrupted families etc. Those are external influences that are not inherent, have an effect on a young black male and are consistent what's posted on this site.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:40 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
There is no fertile ground in the GOP for racism to grow. That is just propaganda spread by the left. What has the left done to combat racism accept to keep it alive on a daily basis? They want blacks to live in the past as if the Civil Rights Era never occurred. I am not saying racism still doesn't exist in this country but it is nothing like it used to be and in fact it isn't only whites that are racists today.
The very reason racism now is not what it was in the past is specifically b/c it was challenged and confronted when it reared its head. It's amazing how people will talk about how much they respected MLK and his dream, and then turn around and tell people to ignore racism. That is not what MLK fought for, and that is not what he did. That's why your party has become the port of call for racist. They are free to grow, cultivate, and spread their beliefs, unchallenged.

The lack of confrontation and implicit acceptance that is the current GOP method is the same fertilizer that made racism the mainstream thinking of the past. It's not living in the past to acknowledge discrimination in the present.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:55 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
There's a lot of cognitive dissonance when it comes to CD racists and realizing they're racists. On this board, there is no "penalty" for being an avowed racist. Many posters even justify it as a natural part of being in a multi-ethnic society.

Yet, people will still get offended that you would call them a racist for saying most Black people vote for gov't freebies instead of jobs.
I'm not sure I would consider posters on this forum a representaive sample.

It may be a natural part of a multi-ethnic society. I don't know of one where there are no examples of racism. Saying that it will exist and considering it okay are two different things.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
I am talking about truth/facts backed up by viable statistics not just opinions. I am white and I do not feel superior to blacks or anyone else. I hope someday that my fellow black Americans become as successful as anyone else in this country. The sooner the better. They will have to change their way of thinking though and stop listening to those who have a vested interest in keeping them down.
That is what I assumed that you were talking about. We can all make an observation of those statistics. That reveals NOTHING about you. What is revealing is THE EXPLANATION for the statistics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies