Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2013, 04:38 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
sex·u·al o·ri·en·ta·tion
noun
a person's sexual identity in relation to the gender to which they are attracted; the fact of being heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual

A person knows their sexual orientation long before they ever have sex.
Lust

have a very strong sexual desire for someone
synonyms:desire, be consumed with desire for, find sexually attractive, crave, covet, ache for, burn for;

Old 10-02-2013, 04:45 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,937,768 times
[quote=Taratova;31650197]Lust

synonyms:desire, be consumed with desire for, find sexually attractive, crave, covet, ache for, burn for;[list=1][*][list][*]

This leads me to believe that evangelical Christians separate sex from love. They have companionship marriages, but not sexual desire for their spouse. I guess that's why they think gay marriages are only about sex and think gay men and women should marry people they aren't sexually aroused by. It seems such an unfulfilled existence to me

Old 10-02-2013, 04:50 PM

[quote=Lior Arel;31650280]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Lust

synonyms:desire, be consumed with desire for, find sexually attractive, crave, covet, ache for, burn for;[list=1][*][list][*]

This leads me to believe that evangelical Christians separate sex from love. They have companionship marriages, but not sexual desire for their spouse. I guess that's why they think gay marriages are only about sex and think gay men and women should marry people they aren't sexually aroused by. It seems such an unfulfilled existence to me
Plain and in simple terms. A man can love a man,, but they should not have sex with one another.. A woman can love another woman but should not have sex with one another.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:54 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,193,007 times
Quote:
Plain and in simple terms. A man can love a man,, but they should not have sex with one another.. A woman can love another woman but should not have sex with one another.
It's nobody else's business who someone is having sex with as long as the people involved are willing adults.

Why are some people so concerned about the sex lives of others? It is not something I ever think about.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:56 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,823,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post
It's nobody else's business who someone is having sex with as long as the people involved are willing adults.

Why are some people so concerned about the sex lives of others? It is not something I ever think about.
Its because most homophobics have latent homosexual thoughts.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:57 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
I posted clear evidence that Christians have experienced negative results as a result of standing against gay marriage. That is a FACT. You can dance around it, and wrap yourself in that discrimination blanket, but it doesn't change the FACT. I post links and articles. You? Oh you only can insult and call me an idiot or embarrassment. Great wisdom there!

Then obviously you ignore Jesus when he talks about marriage being between a man and a woman. Here I'll help you in case you haven't read your Bible:

“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[b]?

Matthew 19:4-5

Hmmm I sure don't see anything in there about a man and a man becoming one flesh.
Would you like to see the clear evidence that homosexuals have been harmed by discrimination?

Allen was killed for being gay.

Dustin Martin, attacked for being gay.

Burke Burnett, beaten for being gay.

Chris Ashcraft, beaten for being gay.

Kristofer King, murdered for being gay.

Barie Shortell, beaten for being gay.

Shall I go on? There are THOUSANDS more out there. So, excuse me if I don't feel bad that your little feelings are hurt because you might possibly have to do business with a gay person. WE are being beaten and killed simply for being alive.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:57 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,937,768 times
[quote=Taratova;31650348]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
Save it for the Religions forum. Your statement is based on your personal religious beliefs and has zero relevance to this discussion. If you want religion to rule the laws, move to Iran.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Lust

synonyms:desire, be consumed with desire for, find sexually attractive, crave, covet, ache for, burn for;

What does that have to do with sexual orientation? I am emotionally and physically attracted to my fiancee, just like a male is physically and emotionally attracted to a female.
Get over yourself, it does not require a penis and a vagina to be legally married. There is not one legal requirement in marriage that two penises, or two vaginas can't accomplish just as well as a penis and a vagina.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post

If gays want gay marriage I have a right to oppose it on this debate board.

I know that if gay marriage is accepted, the next generations of small children with think that they have an option to marry any sex or include another man or woman into a marriage of three. One should think of the consequences of what becomes the norm in any society.

I believe that adding gay marriage will open up many wrong doors for the children of the next generations and continue to add many alternatives under the word marriage.. One man and one woman only as our maker created.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:02 PM

[quote=Taratova;31650348]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
If I am not physically attracted to a man, I should not have sex with a man. Why are you promoting that I should go get a sham marriage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies