Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 08:38 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
So far he wanted to end tax credits for companies that ship jobs overseas,
I keep hearing nonsense like this from the left, so maybe you can explain to me how

If I take my company to China, how I'm subject to paying taxes to the USA, and if I"m not subject to paying taxes to the USA, then how the hell can I get tax credits?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 08:39 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
No it isn't. You're just spewing nonsense, perhaps because you're upset about having to live up to obligations to something other than yourself.
Then why doesnt half the country pay a dime in income taxes? Clearly you think everyone should contribute to obligations, right?

Old 08-31-2013, 08:47 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,552,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Then why doesnt half the country pay a dime in income taxes? Clearly you think everyone should contribute to obligations, right?
It believes in having the government steal your money while it lives in its mom's basement and posts.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:03 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,715,693 times
Quote:
Then why <snip>
Don't assume that everyone else encounters the same barriers to seeing the difference between "fair and just" and "identically equal" that you encounter.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:17 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,059,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Haven't you learned yet.

Obama has a number of topics that make the rounds to keep the emotions running.

Hispanics....keep the flame going on immigration
Blacks..keep the flame going on racial oppression
Whites..keep the flame going on middle class jobs
General public...keep the flame going on various "oppressors" (Repubs, Christians, Whites, Corporates) and how you are their "victims."

It's a never ending cycle. Promise them the world and then blame some other group as obstructionist to your vision.
Exactly.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:29 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,738,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounds Complete View Post
Obama's ramblings amount to nothing more than factless (not to mention "mindless") propoganda.
Posts void of any facts or rational arguments are mindless.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:47 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,938,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Yes, it IS theft. But for someone who would beg for handouts without shame, being a thief is probably ok.
If you give money to the fed gov against your will, who is responsible? If they give that money to another against your will again, who is responsible?

Old 08-31-2013, 09:52 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,336,724 times
Quote:

As far as how you write. Liberals use words that are not used in everyday
conversation to seem smarter than who they are talking with. We understand what
you are trying to say. And they also talk down to people who disagree with them.

ROTFLMAO! Yes, they ARE used in everyday conversation. Not our fault that you associate with people who communicate by grunting.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:58 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,938,718 times
Quote:
I keep hearing nonsense like this from the left, so maybe you can explain to me how

If I take my company to China, how I'm subject to paying taxes to the USA, and if I"m not subject to paying taxes to the USA, then how the hell can I get tax credits?
Just locating to China wouldn't necessarily mean you owe no US income taxes. This becomes a tax reg issue. Often when the generic phrase China is used it really can refer to what some would call a US company just with a Chinese presence. China has tightened up requirements, as I understand.

If those cost saving benefits to transnational corps have faded then new ones are sought. The whole corporate sandwich these transnationals can take advantage of benefit all those investment funds of which the govt is largest investor. You need to think in terms of corporations and not countries.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:18 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,339,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
As long as the propaganda extolling the virtues of selfishness and avarice afflict almost half the nation, and as long as the GOP is intent on obstructing anything that even smell like it will help the middle class or the poor, as lycos679 alluded to, I think the best we can hope for is keeping a bulwark against the Republicans' intent on doubling economic inequality in our nation for a second time in as many generations. And that's pretty much what the President is doing: The best that can be hoped for given the opposition's intent on destruction.
This is perfect class-warrior nonsense. The main problem is we have a president who thinks this way too. His own party won't pass his budgets, but instead of placing the blame on the president, these nitwits blame the GOP. The president is an economic illiterate and so are most of the libs who post here. They resent anyone with money and completely buy into Obama's redributionist hate-rhetoric. They won't even admit to the pain Obamacare is inflicting on the economy and the jobs market.

Obama is the worst thing that could've happened to the middle class. The repercussions of his misguided policies are going to infect whole generations of Americans. And you nitwits defend this guy...disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies