Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 06:21 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,761 times

Advertisements

Who said that there are no honest commu .. uh .. lefties!?

Quote:
The District of Columbia’s non-voting delegate to Congress says that because of her uncertainty about striking Syria, the only reason she would see herself voting to authorize military action would be out of “loyalty” to a fellow Democrat in President Obama.

Speaking with Bill Press this morning, Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC) explained her belief that a response to Syria’s use of chemical weapons is necessary; however, she is unsure whether that needs to be done militarily. “I can’t believe that the only way to address it is a slight bombing which will somehow punish somebody or deter somebody,” she said.

Asked whether the president would be justified in taking action even after Congress potentially votes down his proposals, Norton said: “No, oh boy, no. I think it’ll be like the red line trap. He said if the red line you cross it. I think once you say, ‘I’m going to Congress,’ you can’t say, ‘Okay, I’m going to do it anyway.’”
Dem Congresswoman: ‘Only Reason’ I’d Vote to Strike Syria Would Be ‘Loyalty’ to Obama | Mediaite
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 06:29 PM

349 posts, read 422,827 times
Seems like the exact same attitude most Obama(morons)bots seems to have.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:50 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
After reading the link, I still don't know what, for sure, she would vote, given the choice.

Perhaps she says that the only reason to go along with him is party unity (loyalty to the president... what on earth is that? There is no such thing in this country...), but there's no actual reason to do it otherwise. I'd probably agree with that if it is just ANALYSIS. However, actually voting to authorize it would mean she's willing to put the military into a conflict merely for the purpose of loyalty to the president or party unity.

I'd HOPE that's not her intent.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:58 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Make no mistake, Holmes epitomizes the Loyalty To The Race concept through and through. She is the product of the Marion Barry generation of black DC leaders who embody the "movin' on up to the East side" philosophy of supporting black sleaze no matter who they are or what they do, so long as they're black and have their hands on the reigns of power. We're lucky she doesn't have a vote.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:31 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Hitler had people that did anything at all because they were loyal.. gassed millions of Jews for Hitler..

Old 09-03-2013, 08:39 PM

411 posts, read 901,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Hitler had people that did anything at all because they were loyal.. gassed millions of Jews for Hitler..
many many black folks follow their black political leaders off a cliff. They follow blindly simply because they are black. This continues to hurt them. They honestly think that, because the leader is black, that he's got their best interests in mind. This is usually not the case. One only needs to point to the re-election of Marion Barry. I mean that is one of the most pathetic chapters in black history. re-electing a crack head (that b%$#@ set me up!) to the mayors office. You just don't get more pathetic than that. If Kanye West ran for mayor of DC he would win. There is no defending the stupidity here.

Obama has this lemming like following too. And is he even black?

Old 09-03-2013, 08:53 PM

808 posts, read 662,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronHarpoons View Post

yep. that's a cult

Old 09-03-2013, 09:04 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronHarpoons View Post
That's approaching tautology, isn't it? But judging by the opinion polls on Syria there are plenty of non-Obamabot Democrats around.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:12 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

When you have a regular blow joe, whom all of a sudden is put on a damn pedestal, praised at everything he says and does. Is sheltered by a bias slanted ass media. what do we expect.

Shi- happens sometimes before people have a chance to think about it.

Give one person such power, and sometimes that power comes back and bites us a good one. It is the power bestowed upon one person, that blows up in peoples faces, for giving that power so lightly.

Sometimes power goes to a persons head.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:28 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Make no mistake, Holmes epitomizes the Loyalty To The Race concept through and through. She is the product of the Marion Barry generation of black DC leaders who embody the "movin' on up to the East side" philosophy of supporting black sleaze no matter who they are or what they do, so long as they're black and have their hands on the reigns of power. We're lucky she doesn't have a vote.
Yup she really is not all that unusual for Black Dem politicos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies