Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 03:08 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Each and every person that says we need to attack Syria, need to be round up, trained quickly in a day, or two. Then taken to Syria, to get rid of the Chemical Weapons.

Sound like a good plan?

Kill two birds with one stone. Win - Win

Last edited by BentBow; 09-09-2013 at 03:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 03:10 PM

702 posts, read 726,810 times
I was saying the same thing about Iraq and Afganistan. Finally people are coming around to my way of thinking.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:11 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Each and every person that says we nee to attack Syria, need to be round up, trained quickly in a day, or two. Then taken to Syria, to get rid of the Chemical Weapons.

Sound like a good plan?

Kill two birds with one stone. Win - Win

I'll pay extra taxes this year to ensure ALL 537 idiots in D.C. are on the front lines in Syria....

Old 09-09-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I'll pay extra taxes this year to ensure ALL 537 idiots in D.C. are on the front lines in Syria....

Not even a 1/3rd of those 537 idiots are not foolish enough to go into Syria, now. Why force them against their will.

These other people have graciously volunteered, to save humanity.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:32 PM

577 posts, read 512,448 times
Well I suppose we could just pretend there isn't a problem with chemical weapons. Kind of like ignoring Al Quaeda until they brought the fight to our doorstep. I'm not saying an invasion of Syria is the answer, but the United States can't go into isolation and pretend that all will be well. Sooner or later problems always find their way to us, might as well be proactive and engage the issues and not wait for another 9/11 to wake up and take action.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:38 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post
Well I suppose we could just pretend there isn't a problem with chemical weapons. Kind of like ignoring Al Quaeda until they brought the fight to our doorstep. I'm not saying an invasion of Syria is the answer, but the United States can't go into isolation and pretend that all will be well. Sooner or later problems always find their way to us, might as well be proactive and engage the issues and not wait for another 9/11 to wake up and take action.
Then I guess you'd support being 'proactive' in North Korea too, eh? After all, they've starved hundreds of thousands of their own people to death and they have nukes.

Personally, I'm a devout non-interventionist, I believe we only need make sure we have what's needed to defend ourselves and make it known to the world that if any country attempts to make their problems our problems they will be dealt with severely.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:43 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Then I guess you'd support being 'proactive' in North Korea too, eh? After all, they've starved hundreds of thousands of their own people to death and they have nukes.

Personally, I'm a devout non-interventionist, I believe we only need make sure we have what's needed to defend ourselves and make it known to the world that if any country attempts to make their problems our problems they will be dealt with severely.
I agree. I also think people need to learn the difference between non-interventionist and isolationist. I can already predict the replies calling you an isolationist.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post

All the clues were there to stop 9/11/01. The politically Correct world refused to look right at it.
Our false sense of security, is the very government you want to give more and more power to, all in the name of protecting you.

If they would do the job we ask of them and pay them well to do, they would have seen these guys are not even suppose to be in the USA, on expired VISAs. they didn't feel like enforcing our strict(laugh) immigration laws made in 1986. They have lost how many people here on expired visas? What about all the people they don't even know are here, by walking or driving across a desert, or wading across a river???

Your government has failed you and you want to give them more power and more money, to get the same results?

Old 09-09-2013, 03:47 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
I was saying the same thing about Iraq and Afganistan. Finally people are coming around to my way of thinking.
I was one of the ignorant dumbasses who supported invading Iraq, and I agree with you on this (even as oversimplified as you made it sound)

If every American knew what it was to be a civilan in harms way of these conflicts, we would be a bit more insightful with our foreign policy.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:50 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
I agree. I also think people need to learn the difference between non-interventionist and isolationist. I can already predict the replies calling you an isolationist.
Hell, I'd be happy if people would learn the difference between defense and offense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies