Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2013, 11:52 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I don't agree.

Blasting noise over loud speakers is not keeping it personal.

Blasting chants over loud speakers at the crack of dawn is unacceptable and intrudes on the privacy and enjoyment of my home.....and that includes my bedroom where I am sleeping. No different than some JW or salesman banging on my front door at the crack of dawn.

I see this no differently than if my neighbor set up loud speakers on their property to blast out a few minutes of their favorite song 5 times a day.

Blasting anything over loud speakers is disturbing the peace.....slapping a religious label on it doesn't change that.

It is rude and obnoxious and selfish.

The only thing that should be blasted over loud speakers for all to hear is severe weather warnings.
Where is that happening in the US?

Old 09-12-2013, 11:54 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,339,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronHarpoons View Post
When it comes to trying to marginalize Christians...
Christians, of course, are in no way or form "marginalized" in this country at all. What a load of complete nonsense and BS.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:56 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
No, he did not. Don't lie.
Get with the program, a simple google proves you very, very wrong.

Pope Francis writes atheists can go to heaven | News.com.au
Pope Francis assures atheists: You don’t have to believe in God to go to heaven

He's missing the point, but it's an interesting gesture.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:18 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Where is that happening in the US?

NYC Mosque Forcing Muslim Call to Prayer on Neighborhood - Atlas Shrugs

Old 09-13-2013, 07:16 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Why do Atheists always feel the need to put people down for their faith? Maybe because life is too good for them? This has always been my suspicion. The fact is that most of you are more familiar with your smartphone than you are with thoughts of the meaning of life. You are just a casualty of this degeneration into an agnostic bog that all metaphysical thought seems to be heading.

You are a symptom of the disease, you are not a cure.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:38 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,823,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Why do Atheists always feel the need to put people down for their faith? Maybe because life is too good for them? This has always been my suspicion. The fact is that most of you are more familiar with your smartphone than you are with thoughts of the meaning of life. You are just a casualty of this degeneration into an agnostic bog that all metaphysical thought seems to be heading.

why are theists always so insecure about their faith that they cant handle atheists' criticism?

You act like atheists control the government, or come to your door and tell you to become atheists or be tortured forever, or go to soldier funerals and tell you he died because he wasnt atheist, or are building huge atheist monuments on public land, or use billions in taxfree money to fund political agendas and suppress the disenfranchised, or fill up 76% of our prison system.

What a crock. YOU are the disease. Atheists have simply inoculated themselves.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:44 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:

There is your first problem.
I don't feel the need to discuss anyones faith until they shove their beliefs under my nose. Then I tell them exactly what I think of their beliefs.
Keep your beliefs out of my face, and I won't need to tell you what I think about your religion.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:45 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,823,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I don't feel the need to discuss anyones faith until they shove their beliefs under my nose. Then I tell them exactly what I think of their beliefs.
Keep your beliefs out of my face, and I won't need to tell you what I think about your religion.
but thats his free speech, dont persecute him!

Old 09-13-2013, 07:58 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I would never do that. But I would challenge you to not limit your thinking of why you are here, on this Earth. Why were you given this chance at life? I believe there is a reason, no way all this is random.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:11 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
I would never do that. But I would challenge you to not limit your thinking of why you are here, on this Earth. Why were you given this chance at life? I believe there is a reason, no way all this is random.
I have my own opinions on the issue. Everyone has opinions, but no one has any proof of the how or why.
Having no proof does not mean the "god did it".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies