Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 10:52 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
"sun light's cost is free"

Post 43 hero. You said it not me. It's not free and now you want to backtrack and call names and scream and whine like every other "green" hero. You tried to pretend that all we have to do is let the sun shine on us all and all will be well. You go tell the folks who froze in the little ice age about your lunatic ideas. Oops they all froze. Now like I said go out and suntan in the middle of winter in Montana and get warm sun lover.
Jesus Christ..... Sun light is free.... You don't have to pay to stand outside in the sun.....

What is so hard to understand that sun light is free while building the solar panels and grid isn't.... Seriously take your medications, this is embarrassing you don't know the difference between sun light and the equipment used to turn it into usable energy. Kansas should be ashamed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Try following the link thoroughly and note that Arizona is considering a "convenience fee" or tax on anyone who installs solar panels.

From the link I posted:

Arizona Mulls Solar 'Tax'

"As more customers install solar on their homes, it becomes even more important that everyone who uses the grid shares in the cost of keeping it operating reliably for the future," says Don Brandt, APS chairman and CEO.

As usual, you read the headlines and jump to conclusions.
..... Again learn the difference between sun light and solar panels...... This isn't rocket science folks..... Sun light is free.... Wind is free..... This...isn't... that.... hard to follow.

Old 09-15-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:

Post 43 hero. You said it not me. It's not free and now you want to backtrack and call names and scream and whine like every other "green" hero. You tried to pretend that all we have to do is let the sun shine on us all and all will be well. You go tell the folks who froze in the little ice age about your lunatic ideas. Oops they all froze. Now like I said go out and suntan in the middle of winter in Montana and get warm sun lover.
How about you stop being dishonest and putting words in my mouth and I wouldn't have to call you a liar?

Old 09-15-2013, 12:26 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
..... Again learn the difference between sun light and solar panels...... This isn't rocket science folks..... Sun light is free.... Wind is free..... This...isn't... that.... hard to follow.
I've never suggested sunlight wasn't free.

I did comment in response to a "wait until the liberals try and tax it" post with evidence that at least three jurisdictions are trying to tax anyone who uses solar panels as a mechanism to offset reduced revenues to the power companies.

Old 09-15-2013, 03:20 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
How about you stop being dishonest and putting words in my mouth and I wouldn't have to call you a liar?
You said it not me. So is "sun light's cost is free" true or not? You tell me how it's free and get back to me cause I would like to know how to power my home for free.

Old 09-15-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
You said it not me. So is "sun light's cost is free" true or not? You tell me how it's free and get back to me cause I would like to know how to power my home for free.
So you don't want to admit you're a dishonest poster who puts words in my mouth:

Well here is what I actually said:

Quote:
You do realize solar power doesn't require constant drilling and refining to provide feedstock..... Just an endless supply of sun.... Everything has a cost..... some higher than others.
Quote:
LOLz. Semantics. You don't have to drill or mine for this natural resource and sun light's cost is free. It doesn't fluctuate with the market or with inflation. All you have to do is harness it and connect to the grid.

As for TRULY endless sunlight....

NASA Wants to Beam Microwave Energy to Earth with a Solar Power Plant in Space

Read more: NASA Wants to Beam Microwave Energy to Earth with a Solar Power Plant in Space

This Satellite Could Be Beaming Solar Power Down from Space by 2025

Pace of technology is interesting.
BUT by all means keep being a liar and pretending ignorance (or maybe you arent pretending). So try as you will..... SUN LIGHT is free.... solar panels are not..... BUT please keep it up. Only makes you look like a fool.

Old 09-15-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
I've never suggested sunlight wasn't free.

I did comment in response to a "wait until the liberals try and tax it" post with evidence that at least three jurisdictions are trying to tax anyone who uses solar panels as a mechanism to offset reduced revenues to the power companies.
Then why did you respond to me directly when I am arguing against a brick wall (KUChief) and the hyper-partisan Glutch about sun light being free.

Of course solar power will be taxed..... all power is taxed..... Why would it be any different?

Old 09-15-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Then why did you respond to me directly when I am arguing against a brick wall (KUChief) and the hyper-partisan Glutch about sun light being free.

Of course solar power will be taxed..... all power is taxed..... Why would it be any different?
Because sunlight is free, remember?

Old 09-15-2013, 10:40 PM

Default Evil oil companies strike yet again

Quote:
Because sunlight is free, remember?
Except when it's not:

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/a/SB100...?mg=reno64-wsj

It's about ensuring that everyone is paying for the services they're receiving," said Steven Malnight, a vice president at Pacific Gas & Electric Co., a San Francisco-based utility.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:49 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
So you don't want to admit you're a dishonest poster who puts words in my mouth:

Well here is what I actually said:

BUT by all means keep being a liar and pretending ignorance (or maybe you arent pretending). So try as you will..... SUN LIGHT is free.... solar panels are not..... BUT please keep it up. Only makes you look like a fool.

You said it not me hero. Stop trying to get around it by calling names and admit your wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies