Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 09:41 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,839,491 times

Advertisements

i guess i was not wrong when i said the right is anti american.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:48 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,388,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Putin is white and President Obama is not so of course the usual suspects will line up to give Putin a round of attaboys. Their hatred runs that deep.

The truth is that President Obama is masterfully in control and basically forced Russia to yank Assad's chain like a junkyard dog.
This thread really opens the eyes to the insanity of the rabid anti-Obama crowd.

I don't like Obama for a lot of reasons. And this country got problems.

But

Putin and Russia ain't got sh&@ on Obama and America.

It's funny cuz all the Putin/Russia fans are the same ones who get their panties in a twist when folks mention how the Scandanavian nations are kicking our butts in education, health, child welfare, crime, etc.

Praising Russia? For what? Those chicks that get naked protesting Putin and fantastic Youtube videos are pretty cool but these things aren't really something for a country to hang its hat on.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:50 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,839,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
This thread really opens the eyes to the insanity of the rabid anti-Obama crowd.

But

It's funny cuz all the Putin/Russia fans are the same ones who get their panties in a twist when folks mention how the Scandanavian nations are kicking our butts in education, health, child welfare, crime, etc.

Praising Russia? For what? Those chicks that get naked protesting Putin and fantastic Youtube videos are pretty cool but these things aren't really something for a country to hang its hat on.
they are rabid, frothing at the mouth at any chance they can get to take a shot at obama, even if it means backing guys like assad and putin.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:54 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,581,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
And I am amazed that cons that consider themselves good Christians can turn the other way when war crimes are committed and hundreds or women and hundreds of children are murdered in mass. What a world we live in now.
They've been doing this for decades!!
Over a 100,000 people have died and not a damn person cared.
They have the choice for a civilized nation too. They clearly aren't interested. So let them be.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:58 PM

396 posts, read 365,506 times
How many folks actually read the Syrian president's interview in Investia recently? He pointed out how ludicrous it would be for him to first invite weapons inspectors into Syria, and then on the day of their arrival, use chemical weapons in the same area of the city where he has troops deployed. To what purpose? As he said, "it defies logic". So let's shelve the "he's a madman!" histrionics, and talk motive. There is no benefit for Assad to incur international condemnation and US attack, but there is tremendous benefit for the rebels to have done it and blame it on Assad. In fact, the UN apparently has evidence that is what happened, something Putin also alluded to. Speaking of Russia, Putin has repeatedly said he's not defending Syria, but the rule of law. That's more than be said for OUR president/constitutional scholar who habitually ignores constitutional directives, separation of powers, and international law whenever it poses an hindrance. The only reason the US is even discussing a diplomatic solution today is Kerry made an off-the-cuff comment Monday of how Syria could avoid destruction by turning over "every last bit of chemical weapons" in a week's time- and Russia and Syria called his bluff.

Who benefits by the U.S. attacking Assad's forces?

Old 09-11-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

But

Because he stepped up to not get us into war which a majority of the American people did not want. Our own Pres was going to ignore us!! All Obama's and Kerry's chest thumping got us absolutely nowhere. Their foreign policy and diplomacy was a complete failure and their only answer was war which we did not want!! I don't care who's president stepped up to get us out of it, I would have been happy. Just so happens to be Putin. Get over it.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:59 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,954,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
They've been doing this for decades!!
Over a 100,000 people have died and not a damn person cared.
They have the choice for a civilized nation too. They clearly aren't interested. So let them be.
Hmmmm, what do you think they are fighting Assad for?

Old 09-11-2013, 10:01 PM

Oh how the libs love to call the Reps warmongers, now when they prove otherwise, it suddenly becomes an attack on Obama....
Nevermind all the reasons not to go to war and the fact that MANY democrats don't want to go either. And no support from the rest of the world.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Hmmmm, what do you think they are fighting Assad for?
They voted him in! He's out next year anyway...
And Obama's goal was not to take him out. So what the hell is the point??

Old 09-11-2013, 10:10 PM

39,091 posts, read 51,273,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Because he stepped up to not get us into war which a majority of the American people did not want. Our own Pres was going to ignore us!! All Obama's and Kerry's chest thumping got us absolutely nowhere. Their foreign policy and diplomacy was a complete failure and their only answer was war which we did not want!! I don't care who's president stepped up to get us out of it, I would have been happy. Just so happens to be Putin. Get over it.
I would not bet on us not attacking Syria yet. In fact, I think it more likely than not. This hide the weapons scam that Putin is putting forth is not going to satisfy Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies