Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 10:11 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
They voted him in! He's out next year anyway...
And Obama's goal was not to take him out. So what the hell is the point??
What are you smoking, Assad is not going anywhere, he is a Dictator, there are no real elections there, his position is the family business. Good grief

Old 09-11-2013, 10:11 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Oh how the libs love to call the Reps warmongers, now when they prove otherwise, it suddenly becomes an attack on Obama....
Nevermind all the reasons not to go to war and the fact that MANY democrats don't want to go either. And no support from the rest of the world.
LOL...Unless it were Romney and his VP Ryan that were in charge...

On October 11, 2012, Ryan said, "We agree with the same red line, actually, they (Obama/Biden) do on chemical weapons."

In 2011, Paul Ryan beat the war drums on Syria to the Alexander Hamilton Society. Today, he issued a statement is straddling the fence of indecision, declaring that he needs to hear more reasons why we should do anything. He said, "The President has some work to do to recover from his grave missteps in Syria. He needs to clearly demonstrate that the use of military force would strengthen America's security. I want to hear his case to Congress and to the American people."

Before He Was Against It, Paul Ryan Agreed with Obama on Syria

What a typical hypocritical stance.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:17 PM

396 posts, read 365,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I would not bet on us not attacking Syria yet. In fact, I think it more likely than not. This hide the weapons scam that Putin is putting forth is not going to satisfy Obama.

Like Obama has leverage here......he doesn't have support of congress, of the American People, the U.N and our main ally the Brits.

Obama has shown weakness not only to the country but the world. He is not in the driver's seat. Putin is.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:18 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Because he stepped up to not get us into war which a majority of the American people did not want. Our own Pres was going to ignore us!! All Obama's and Kerry's chest thumping got us absolutely nowhere. Their foreign policy and diplomacy was a complete failure and their only answer was war which we did not want!! I don't care who's president stepped up to get us out of it, I would have been happy. Just so happens to be Putin. Get over it.
You're looking at this situation as if the ripple effects of each player acting in his own best interest is somehow part of their plan.

It isn't.

It's called "self-preservation". Obama handled this poorly. And I didn't agree with his stance.

BUT

You looking at Putin and Russia as equal parties to Obama (or any of our Presidents for that matter) and America shows a huge bias against the man or the country or both.

I thought you mainstream cons were supposed to be the patriots?

You want a final end game with Russia or Syria in this "who got the biggest Johnson" contest and they wouldn't stand a chance against us: our ideals, our power, our compassion, our freedom.

This country is f'd up. Still, we are talking about other nations that got nothing on us.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:21 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,580,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
What are you smoking, Assad is not going anywhere, he is a Dictator, there are no real elections there, his position is the family business. Good grief
Assad said he is not seeking re-election. That's all we have to go on at this point. There is no evidence to suggest what you or I say could happen. It's not Obama's plan to take him out though. So what are we solving exactly??

Old 09-11-2013, 10:26 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,506,355 times
You guys buy Putins statements for one reason and one reason only. I will give you one guess as to what that is.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:28 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Assad said he is not seeking re-election. That's all we have to go on at this point. There is no evidence to suggest what you or I say could happen. It's not Obama's plan to take him out though. So what are we solving exactly??

Ok, I give up.

You just said Syria has elections.

However, since you like Putin's "leadership abilities" I may start a thread on the concrete issues that say Norway kicks our asses in.

Oh wait, Russia and Syria are legit nations. Norway isn't.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You're looking at this situation as if the ripple effects of each player acting in his own best interest is somehow part of their plan.

It isn't.

It's called "self-preservation". Obama handled this poorly. And I didn't agree with his stance.

BUT

You looking at Putin and Russia as equal parties to Obama (or any of our Presidents for that matter) and America shows a huge bias against the man or the country or both.

I thought you mainstream cons were supposed to be the patriots?

You want a final end game with Russia or Syria in this "who got the biggest Johnson" contest and they wouldn't stand a chance against us: our ideals, our power, our compassion, our freedom.

This country is f'd up. Still, we are talking about other nations that got nothing on us.

How do you know it isn't in their best interests?

Majority of us don't want to go to war. Is that not Patriotic? Shouldn't Obama listen to US since the people elected him?? No we don't want a final showdown. How did you come to that conclusion?? We don't want war period. We have enough of our own problems here.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:29 PM

396 posts, read 365,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
You guys buy Putins statements for one reason and one reason only. I will give you one guess as to what that is.

tell us......Putin made more sense in 1 OP-ED in the NYT than Obama/Kerry have made for months.

Who benefits by removing Assad?

Last edited by Rush71; 09-11-2013 at 10:38 PM..

Old 09-11-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Ok, I give up.

You just said Syria has elections.

However, since you like Putin's "leadership abilities" I may start a thread on the concrete issues that say Norway kicks our asses in.

Oh wait, Russia and Syria are legit nations. Norway isn't.
You clearly missed what I was saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies