Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 03:41 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,035,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
Hitler WAS an atheist.

an occultist. and his main "religion" was himself
Yeah I don't know if the old nutbag was an Atheist or not but a lot of those loons were into some really crazy occult stuff. Bunch of gdam lunatics who gained power and slaughtered folks on a whim. Not too long ago either....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2013, 11:37 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,005,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No 'religion' does not, but faith in God does. Atheists like Stalin, Hitler and Mao were monsters. Plain and simple.

Hey Finn... we actually agree on something. There is no doubt that organized religion has been the cause of many problems in this world. It's due to flaw in human nature, and man or those in power's tendencies to use religion to suit their agenda.

Blame man for his twisting of religion. Not God.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:09 AM

510 posts, read 431,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Limbaugh's argument doesn't wash, because by our freedom, or thru' our desire to be free, we, as a nation, practiced Tyranny against not only the aboriginal peoples of this continent, but also against other *imported peoples, namely Africans .. to do our bidding.

American Exceptionalism is a facade, it's a ruse. Americans, by and large, are not, or haven't been, any different, than any of the other suppressors of freedom in this world's history ...

I'm a conservative and even I disagree with Rush on this --
Notice though that the majority of that stuff happened before America existed and were directed by the leadership of the European Imperial powers. The vast majority of slaves went to Central and South America and the vast majority of Indian deaths happened before there were even permanent settlements in most of the Continental US.

In fact the "exceptional" ideas of liberty and resistance to tyranny were a direct reaction to this European Imperial overreach exemplified by slavery and violence against aboriginal peoples. We certainly could have done better in hindsight but there was always at least a genuine desire to overcome, which is in itself exceptional when you consider the historical place and time.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:30 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,977,317 times
America is not exceptional. But the low IQ likes to say it to make themselves feel better about their double wide.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:40 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,705,693 times
Too bad, i wish americans believed what he said, but too many times have i seen americans look down on other people amd cultures just because they thought they were better. Just because rush says what he thinks exceptionalism is, doesnt necessarily make it so.

I stand by what putin said. America is not special

Old 09-17-2013, 04:15 AM

13,006 posts, read 18,935,259 times
Limbaugh talks about things that happened centuries ago. But current right wingers are using American exceptionalism to justify falling behind the world in many areas. Math and science scores, percentage of citizens with medical coverage, murder rates, number of people behind bars, we fare worse than most developed nations and there is no sentiment among conservatives to catch up.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:47 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,375,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Now can any liberals disagree with this? If so they are exactly who I think they are........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4F2...layer_embedded
Yeah so freedom is a good thing,i didnt hear anything in his rant that was anything we didnt know already but because its coming from the almighty Rush all the righties are agog with wonder at his pretentious diatribe, ,
Rush you are the epitome of American exceptionalism, every day you sit on your fat butt hurling insults,negative opinion and derogatory rhetoric at your President and all the American people responsible for his being the President all the while you being accountable for nothing you say, and at the end of the day you add more millions to your hefty bank account.Thats exceptional.

Last edited by jambo101; 09-17-2013 at 05:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies