Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 08:50 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,341,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
I dunno if you're trying to write parody, sarcasm, or humor.

Clue me in.
I was just summarizing a truly free market healthcare system. That is what you wish for, correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 08:51 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,973,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Luckily, with Obamacare, you can still purchase excellent insurance. And even at a subsidized rate. I highly suggest you take a look at your state's exchange in 17 days and look at the Platinum options available. I plan to as well.
Uhhhh.... Man, you are stupid.

I will prioritize my money, and buying "obamacare" type insurance is immensely stupid.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
I was just summarizing a truly free market healthcare system. That is what you wish for, correct?
No, you have no idea what free market health care is, then.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:58 PM

1,980 posts, read 3,774,421 times
Quote:
Luckily, with Obamacare, you can still purchase excellent insurance. And even at a subsidized rate. I highly suggest you take a look at your state's exchange in 17 days and look at the Platinum options available. I plan to as well.
A massive rip-off if you are young & healthy.

ObamaCare is more of the Democrat's war against young people. Crappy schools, higher ed. tuition bubble, lower class mobility, mountains of debt, murdering Social Security, killing the 40 hour work week, destroying the job market, jacking up young people's health costs. The young people will only take getting kicked in the teeth so much before they fight back. Luckily for Democrats, many of these young people are massively ignorant due to our awful Democrat ruined public school system.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Uhhhh.... Man, you are stupid.

I will prioritize my money, and buying "obamacare" type insurance is immensely stupid.
Stupid!? I think you are missing out.

What if you don't have insurance? What if something terrible happens? like cancer! or a bullet ant bite!?!

Old 09-14-2013, 09:05 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,929,235 times
Quote:

What if you don't have insurance? What if something terrible happens? like cancer! or a bullet ant bite!?!
He/she will probably expect the taxpayer to pick up the tab.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:05 PM

Quote:

Sadly, your mind is just too small to understand what wise use of insurance is.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
A massive rip-off if you are young & healthy.

ObamaCare is more of the Democrat's war against young people. Crappy schools, higher ed. tuition bubble, lower class mobility, mountains of debt, murdering Social Security, killing the 40 hour work week, destroying the job market, jacking up young people's health costs. The young people will only take getting kicked in the teeth so much before they fight back. Luckily for Democrats, many of these young people are massively ignorant due to our awful Democrat ruined public school system.
I am young. 25 to be exact. And I have pre-existing conditions. As someone who is young and does have pre-existing conditions do not tell me that this is a democrat war against young people. Do you think the young don't get sick? The absolute hell that our current healthcare system puts on people with pre-existing conditions will finally be gone in just three and a half months.

The ignorance is just too much for sometimes. I need an Aleve. Don't tell my insurance that I am taking one. They might re-institute my pre-existing condition clause.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
I am young. 25 to be exact. And I have pre-existing conditions. As someone who is young and does have pre-existing conditions do not tell me that this is a democrat war against young people. Do you think the young don't get sick? The absolute hell that our current healthcare system puts on people with pre-existing conditions will finally be gone in just three and a half months.

The ignorance is just too much for sometimes. I need an Aleve. Don't tell my insurance that I am taking one. They might re-institute my pre-existing condition clause.
Yes, you want to get "stuff" paid for by someone else, without asking for charity.

Or, in other words, you want someone to forcibly pick someone else's pockets to get what you want, and it doesn't matter to you who does the stealing, as long as it gets taken for your benefit.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Yes, you want to get "stuff" paid for by someone else, without asking for charity.

Or, in other words, you want someone to forcibly pick someone else's pockets to get what you want, and it doesn't matter to you who does the stealing, as long as it gets taken for your benefit.
Oh don't. Don't you dare.

Would you say that to your child if they developed a chronic condition? If your loved one contracted HIV? Developed cancer? Multiple Sclerosis?

We all share this society. And just as you may be the one to become chronically sick, I would be happy to pay extra in taxes to fund your care. It benefits all of us if we live in a healthier society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies